DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boxscarf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm

ethanr » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:53 pm wrote:I'm understanding he was on 80k/wk at Chelsea and accepted 60k/wk to come here, so I'd definitely say he's coming for the right reasons.

It's last chance saloon for Sturridge, this time next season he will be virtually in his mid-twenties, if he doesn't succeed at Liverpool, then he'll have to take a step down to a club like Aston Villa to ply his trade, so he needs to ensure that he's successful here.

Whilst I am not excited by this signing, I welcome him here and wish to see him prove me wrong and become a major players for us for many years to come.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Reg » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 pm wrote:His future is in his own hands. Good luck and go for it.

thats it in a nutshell, sturridge has got talent to burn but talent is nothing without application.
as you say his future is in his own hands, he`s good enough to suceed here if he really wants to.
one thing is for certain he may not be the huntelaar or villa everyone was hoping for but he is definately an improvement on what we`ve got in terms of striking partners for luis.
welcome to the best club on the planet danny, no matter who you`ve played for before or who`ll you play for after what you do at this club will define your career. once you are a red you will always be a red and once you put that red shirt on this club will never leave you.
now go and rip up the scoring charts lad!!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Good luck to the lad and whilst not convinced by him in terms of his mind work I do
accept he has ability if he can sort his head out and put the graft in.

Excellent day for him like penning a lucrative 5 year contract and then stepping out
of Captain Sunshines office to sit with the lovely Claire Rourke  :;):  Good times
indeed.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Welcome to the biggest opportunity of your career. I'm quietly optimistic he'll be a success.

Hope he gets a start against Mansfield, assuming he has been training fully with Chelsea there should be no reason not.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 pm

I will not fault any player that tries his hardest.

Welcome!
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:00 am

I do hope I am wrong about Sturridge. And you can all beat me with this stick if I am !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 am

Welcome and good luck Daniel

Walk on lad
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:56 am

I seriously want to be proven wrong by Daniel, I hope he shoves it up all of us who doubt him.

There is something tho, while I was watching the Liverpool vs Sunderland game the camera cut to him for a few seconds at the start.

Something I had never seen before in new players watching a Liverpool game, it seriously looked like his eyes were blazing with...................

HUNGER!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:18 am

Welcome to the greatest club in the world Danny!  :buttrock
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:51 am

Welcome Danny lad. No doubt the lad has talent and is well capable of improving the team on the pitch. The only issue here is how well BR can blend him into the side  to synergize with Sterling, Suarez and Gerrrard especially to terrorize defenders and getting the goals. If he can do it, then Liverpool will be a delight to watch again week in week out and that is an experience many of us have not had for a long time. I agree with BR, that this is his last chance to prove himself in a top club and I hope he takes it to heart and be a success here.

Last but not least, I hope we can get another striker for rotation purpose and for me, Kevin Gameiro of PSG is the one.
alwayslfc

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:13 am

eds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 am wrote:I seriously want to be proven wrong by Daniel, I hope he shoves it up all of us who doubt him.

There is something tho, while I was watching the Liverpool vs Sunderland game the camera cut to him for a few seconds at the start.

Something I had never seen before in new players watching a Liverpool game, it seriously looked like his eyes were blazing with...................

HUNGER!

i can safely assume you are a schizophrenic then...

You words only days ago -

I don't care what you numb-skulls are saying about "writing him off", we were right about Owl face, we were right about Downing, Adam, Carroll and Henderson. Another massive f**k up by this club 

You are a mental case son, no one can take anything you say seriously.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:27 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am wrote:
eds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 am wrote:I seriously want to be proven wrong by Daniel, I hope he shoves it up all of us who doubt him.

HUNGER!

I don't care what you numb-skulls are saying about "writing him off", we were right about Owl face, we were right about Downing, Adam, Carroll and Henderson. Another massive f**k up by this club 

Er...Not really, he did say "I seriously want to be proven wrong", your reading and comprehension is at best appalling.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am wrote:

HUNGER!

Er...Not really, he did say "I seriously want to be proven wrong", your reading and comprehension is at best appalling.

Bum buddy alert.

You should try and make your dislike of me more obvious.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Bum buddy alert.

You should try and make your dislike of me more obvious.

Nothing to do with my dislike of you. But when you're trying to be a clever anal tw@t, I'll pull you up on it, like you tried him.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm

could be a real cracker if he gets his head down, we have a great background for young players so follow sterling and start rippin this league a new one....  sturridge to score on debut this weekend, get money on it
brentd4

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion