DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm

thought he looked quite sharp today considering he hadnt played for 2 months.
took his goal well and maybe should have had another.
encouraging signs though, his pace in behind will be a big asset for us, if luis has one flaw in his game it`s that he lacks explosive pace (luis not slow but he`s not lightning either). by the looks of it danny will give us that genuine pace that we`ve been missing up top.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Just on this brief appearance Sturridge is already looking ten times the player that Borini is, can't wait to see him match fit and playing in tandem with Suarez.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:46 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:44 pm wrote:Just on this brief appearance Sturridge is already looking ten times the player that Borini is, can't wait to see him match fit and playing in tandem with Suarez.

Here here.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Yeah me too, his pace will add another dimension to our attack. Early days still, but a good start.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:06 pm

Tomorrow I will watch the match again and appreciate what Sturridge did today.
At the minute Im disappointed that he had 2 one on ones and hit them both at the goalie
:(
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:11 pm

I wasn't really impressed with him today.  I felt he missed or messed up 4 or 5 really good chances to put the game away.  He seemed to be forcing everything and trying way too hard to impress with unnecessary little fancy tricks that weren't coming off great for him.  Hope he does better next time.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I did like however, when he came off.  He seems to be settling in with everybody well, seems a team player when it comes to interacting with others which is great to see.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kartiek » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:50 pm

ethanr » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:11 pm wrote:I wasn't really impressed with him today.  I felt he missed or messed up 4 or 5 really good chances to put the game away.  He seemed to be forcing everything and trying way too hard to impress with unnecessary little fancy tricks that weren't coming off great for him.  Hope he does better next time.

Have faith, the lad hadn't played in over 2 months. He was definitely trying a bit too hard to impress though, I'm sure that won't happen against the bigger clubs and also after BR has a word with him.
kartiek

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 pm

ethanr » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:11 pm wrote:I wasn't really impressed with him today.  I felt he missed or messed up 4 or 5 really good chances to put the game away.  He seemed to be forcing everything and trying way too hard to impress with unnecessary little fancy tricks that weren't coming off great for him.  Hope he does better next time.

I'm sure he'll play a blinder in his next game at Left Back. Gwan Brendan, where are you going to play him against the filth? ;)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm

1 game played and 1 goal scored, there's not much more you can ask from your striker than that.
Boxscarf

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:55 am

I was impressed with him. Good thing about this lad, he looks as though he'll shoot given half a chance whether it's on his weaker foot or not. Too many of our players baring Luis turn down the opportunity to 'have a go', like they don't want the responsibility. At least this bloke will work oppo keepers. Well done Sturridge.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:15 am

Debut against Non league side with nothing to lose on a paddock after very little play for last couple of months

In those terms couldnt be more pleased with his debut
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:59 am

7 minutes to score his first goal... JUST WHAT WE NEED !!!

Well done son, now get out there and have some fun.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:46 am

Hmmm, there's been days when we could've been saying something similar about Suarez.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Simari » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:57 am

Well, I couldn't be arsed if he is a bit selfish, as long as he scores a goal a game and Suarez adds a couple  :D
Simari
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion