DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Kenny Kan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 pm wrote:
Bum buddy alert.

You should try and make your dislike of me more obvious.

Nothing to do with my dislike of you. But when you're trying to be a clever anal tw@t, I'll pull you up on it, like you tried him.

And I'll call out those who are negative and depressing one week and positive the next whilst talking about the same subject matter.

Just because he stated he hoped he was proved wrong doesn't take away from the fact he ranted like a maniac on the subject two weeks earlier.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:39 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am wrote:
eds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 am wrote:I seriously want to be proven wrong by Daniel, I hope he shoves it up all of us who doubt him.

There is something tho, while I was watching the Liverpool vs Sunderland game the camera cut to him for a few seconds at the start.

Something I had never seen before in new players watching a Liverpool game, it seriously looked like his eyes were blazing with...................

HUNGER!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
i can safely assume you are a schizophrenic then...

You words only days ago -

I don't care what you numb-skulls are saying about "writing him off", we were right about Owl face, we were right about Downing, Adam, Carroll and Henderson. Another massive f**k up by this club 

You are a mental case son, no one can take anything you say seriously.

I'll have to agree with you on that...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Welcome Danny lad
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:47 am

eds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 am wrote:I seriously want to be proven wrong by Daniel, I hope he shoves it up all of us who doubt him.

There is something tho, while I was watching the Liverpool vs Sunderland game the camera cut to him for a few seconds at the start.

Something I had never seen before in new players watching a Liverpool game, it seriously looked like his eyes were blazing with...................

HUNGER!

I don't care what you numb-skulls are saying about "writing him off", we were right about Owl face, we were right about Downing, Adam, Carroll and Henderson. Another massive f**k up by this club 

Its funny how you have picked what I am saying when there are many Liverpool fans both on this forum and on another mediums who are divided by signing Sturridge.

The only schizophrenic actions that exist amongst you lot is the bewildering actions of supporting mediocrity but then wanting our club to progress through sheer "blind faith" alone and throw logic and reasoning out the door. This includes having nothing constructive to say and shouting down anyone that does have something to contribute by calling them either "un-loyal" or not a "true fan".

I couldn't care less what you think, I am never going to convince the cult of "nothing wrong ever happens at Liverpool FC". I am tired of seeing our once great side languish in mid-table, I am tired of not seeing any progress over the last few years, I am tired of us making the same mistakes over and over again. I really want Brendan to turn things around but at this moment in time I am still not convinced by his "safe" signings policy. I'm sorry I can't join you and the rest of the lemmings in the the land of rainbows, unicorns and happy thoughts but a lot of hard work still needs to be done to get us into the top 4 and for us to one day challenge for the title.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:00 am

maguskwt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:39 pm wrote:

HUNGER!

I'll have to agree with you on that...

"Every 11 out 12 foreign players fail in England."   :laugh:

"Yesil and Assaidi are comparable to the world's best young players"  :laugh:  :laugh:

Keep it up son, we are ALL very entertained by your flame grilled whoopers........  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 am

17m LFC Transfer Spec ‏@LFCTS

Rodgers: "Daniel’s best position is as a central striker. I have said 4-3-3 will become richer because of the type of players."

Rodgers: "There is not one way to play 4-3-3. You can play one up, a floating No 9 like Luis Suárez and two wingers."

Rodgers: "You can play one like Daniel Sturridge central, two in and around him narrow, with full backs bombing on."

BR: "I think Daniel's best position will be through the middle with his pace. I spoke with Luis at length about this a number of times."

BR: “This has been in the plan for a few months. When Suarez played at Ajax he played in behind as a No 10 in between the lines."

BR: "Suarez also played as a reverse winger from the left side so he wasn’t quite out wide, he was tucked in round the corner."

BR: “Wherever Suarez plays, he will make the same movements and he will find the space because he is a world-class player."

-------------------------

It looks as though Sturridge could be played through the middle going by Rodgers' comments. However, given Suarez's form and the fact he has scored 4 goals in his last two games, in my mind means that he should retain that central role purely on merit. Sturridge will have to find his feet somewhat and with the Mancs coming up I don't think Rodgers should tinker with Luis's position - it's the one position that is paying dividends. IMO Sturridge should be played either side of Suarez in place of Downing, the tinkering of this position should really come in the summer during pre-season, not now when Suarez is hot on form.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:33 am

Haha!! Thats BR sending smoke signals to Fergutwat that not only will Suarez be unplayable but he'll never work out what Sturridge will be upto either!
As long as both Suarez and Sturridge know where eachother are this could be lethal!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:48 pm

I just wonder here, and I could be totally wrong, if he's not giving out a little too much information. He could've described things in more general terms  instance. Instead what these comments have now generated is a full fledged media debate even before DS has kicked a ball.

On the other hand it could be a smokescreen! Anyways.....just my two cents...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm

I have complete faith in Sturidge to deliver here. I also think it will bring the best out of Suarez.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Kenny Kan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:28 am wrote:17m LFC Transfer Spec ‏@LFCTS

Rodgers: "Daniel’s best position is as a central striker. I have said 4-3-3 will become richer because of the type of players."

Rodgers: "There is not one way to play 4-3-3. You can play one up, a floating No 9 like Luis Suárez and two wingers."

Rodgers: "You can play one like Daniel Sturridge central, two in and around him narrow, with full backs bombing on."

BR: "I think Daniel's best position will be through the middle with his pace. I spoke with Luis at length about this a number of times."

BR: “This has been in the plan for a few months. When Suarez played at Ajax he played in behind as a No 10 in between the lines."

BR: "Suarez also played as a reverse winger from the left side so he wasn’t quite out wide, he was tucked in round the corner."

BR: “Wherever Suarez plays, he will make the same movements and he will find the space because he is a world-class player."

-------------------------

It looks as though Sturridge could be played through the middle going by Rodgers' comments. However, given Suarez's form and the fact he has scored 4 goals in his last two games, in my mind means that he should retain that central role purely on merit. Sturridge will have to find his feet somewhat and with the Mancs coming up I don't think Rodgers should tinker with Luis's position - it's the one position that is paying dividends. IMO Sturridge should be played either side of Suarez in place of Downing, the tinkering of this position should really come in the summer during pre-season, not now when Suarez is hot on form.

was reading that in the paper today.
i always said that luis will carry a threat regardless of the position he plays and im not surprised sturridge will play central even though rodgers said no one dictates where they play.
it probably wont bother luis where he plays but if the goals dry up then he has to be restored to the centre with sturridge going wide.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 pm

personally i`d play sturridge in one of the wider positions until he gets used to his team mates and the system etc.
regarding suarez playing centrally the term `dont fix it if it`s not broke` comes to mind.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:05 am

Have a read of this, pretty interesting:

http://www.football-analysis.com/daniel ... verpool/2/
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 am

it seems that sturridge never had to seek a guarantee of playing through the centre as he was always going to be used there. he said that danny is a central player and luis will play for the good of the team.
this is a bit harsh on luis imo. he was signed and was being paid a pittance till the summer despite him being by far our best player. they held out paying him till he proved himself and where as sturridge walks in, gets to play centrally and is earning almost twice what luis got and doesnt have to prove himself.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 am

eds » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:00 am wrote:
"Every 11 out 12 foreign players fail in England."   :laugh:

"Yesil and Assaidi are comparable to the world's best young players"  :laugh:  :laugh:

Keep it up son, we are ALL very entertained by your flame grilled whoopers........  :laugh:

I never said those words, those were what you said by twisting my words with your pea-sized brain  :laugh: .
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:56 am

Back tracking now on your own comments, that's just sad dude.  :no

These were you're exact words whopper king......

maguskwt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm wrote: For every Suarez, there are dozens of others who will fail to adapt to premier league.

Dozens?   :laugh:  :laugh:

Regardless of which way you put it, it's still horses**t and NO ONE would take you serious on this forum.

maguskwt » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm wrote:So what's the difference between these players and the Sahin's, Yesil's and Assaidi's?

When referring to *these players you were making a comparison to a list of the world's best young players to the likes of Yesil and Assaidi.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Mate I thought that Kharhaz fella was a MASSIVE fail, but you have surely beaten him to that honour now.  :nod

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion