DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby devaney » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:03 pm

maguskwt » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:48 am wrote:
stmichael » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:04 am wrote:Are there people who still have doubts? Really? The second finish was just ridiculous.

Thats 27 in 33 for us.

I'm  really baffled with all the criticism he's getting on here... He's at this moment the best English striker and probably top 5 striker in the premier league and here we are saying he should be an impact sub?

In fairness I think it only the self proclaimed font of all knowledge who is struggling to come to terms with just how good Danny is  :laugh: An amusing criticism is that he makes too many mistakes and would be better used as an impact sub. Interesting way to use a player that has scored one less goal than Aguero so far this season. There are times when I despair.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm pleased that he was miffed at being subbed. It shows he cares. I don't see what the big deal is. Same with him and Suarez arguing. He apologised afterward aswell so the issue is closed.

Amazingly he's only failed to score in 4 games that he's played in all season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:09 pm

He's a diamond BUT ........................ not flawless.

Decision making is sometimes suspect. e.g. Danny could so easily have made it 6-0 for us last night if he'd showed more composure for the penalty and a tad more awareness of others around him when he's got his eye's fixed on the goal.

Nit picking maybe, the lad is a massive talent and he's only going to get better.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:18 pm

I think the penalty was a case of 'I score this and I've got a derby hat trick'...  here I go... pick where its going and...  what if I miss? ... boom!    sh!t, I missed.
Everyone who takes a penalty is gonna mess up once or twice, even the best takers!

The chance where he was greedy, well, the pass across the box to Suarez(?) at the other side was a tricky one. There was a defender inbetween them. He should of put his boot through it first time. As it happened he did neither really and it fizzled away.

Still, he is 50% of the best strike partnership in the Prem.

fair play to him.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:18 pm wrote:I think the penalty was a case of 'I score this and I've got a derby hat trick'...  here I go... pick where its going and...  what if I miss? ... boom!    sh!t, I missed.
Everyone who takes a penalty is gonna mess up once or twice, even the best takers!

The chance where he was greedy, well, the pass across the box to Suarez(?) at the other side was a tricky one. There was a defender inbetween them. He should of put his boot through it first time. As it happened he did neither really and it fizzled away.

fair play to him.

For the pen, yeah anybody can miss one, I just thought he RUSHED it, maybe should have taken a few more deep breaths before stepping up and at least got the kick on target.

The "greedy" incident, I know the pundits pointed out that a ball through to Suarez wasn't 100% on and maybe they're right BUT we also had a player arriving at dead centre on the edge of the box, once Danny pushed the ball left the chance of feeding the other two in the box was basically gone.

Not trying to knock the lad Lee, just trying to give my honest appraisal which is, as I said earlier, he's a diamond , but not flawless.

Maybe I should have added that no players are perfect   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:43 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:34 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:18 pm wrote:I think the penalty was a case of 'I score this and I've got a derby hat trick'...  here I go... pick where its going and...  what if I miss? ... boom!    sh!t, I missed.

fair play to him.

For the pen, yeah anybody can miss one, I just thought he RUSHED it, maybe should have taken a few more deep breaths before stepping up and at least got the kick on target.

The "greedy" incident, I know the pundits pointed out that a ball through to Suarez wasn't 100% on and maybe they're right BUT we also had a player arriving at dead centre on the edge of the box, once Danny pushed the ball left the chance of feeding the other two in the box was basically gone.

Not trying to knock the lad Lee, just trying to give my honest appraisal which is, as I said earlier, he's a diamond , but not flawless.

Every great striker is a selfish prikk at times ,i just hope that all future ego-tripping happens when we lead 4-0 and not when we really need to score.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:56 pm

only me » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:34 pm wrote:

fair play to him.

Every great striker is a selfish prikk at times ,i just hope that all future ego-tripping happens when we lead 4-0 and not when we really need to score.

I agree. He'll learn from this. The team also comes first, the irony being the moment he tried to force his hattrick by himself the less likely he was of achieving it. Our goals come from fluid seamless attacks, I am certain Sturridge would have got his hattrick had he stuck to the team attacking philosophy.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:22 am

Looked really up for the game last night and his movement was excellent. However he shown, the exact reasons the likes of Chelsea and City were ready willing to get rid. The first two goals were very good, there was some excellent first touches (and some shocking ones) and his through ball for Sterling was perfectly weighted and shown good vision...

Which brings us to the other side of the argument. The ME, ME, ME prima donna attitude. The Penalty he should NEVER have taken, he's not an amateur, he's a "professional" and you have a penalty taker for a reason.

Then there was chance where he went through, anyone can get tackled before they take a shot, he "should" have took the chance earlier but he didn't... he could have played it to Suarez early too... but didn't see it, fair enough he didn't see the early ball... but the next two incidents for me where a disgrace and he got exactly what he deserved and was hooked.

When he decided not to shoot, he turned back on himself and had a five yard pass to an un marked Coutinho who would have had an open goal as a target from 14 yards. He decided to be extremely selfish as usual and tried to fashion himself a chance rather than doing the easy and simple thing which would have resulted in a goal.

Then the way he decided to try and take the chance with a selfish chip instead of smashing it across the goal was criminal.

Suarez, Coutinho and Henderson were absolutely FUMING with him for a reason, the reason was it was an excellent break, a "guaranteed" goal was spurned for the second time in the match due to Daniel's attitude and quite frankly its something I have no time for on a personal level either.

Rodgers shown excellent man management by hooking him and knocking him off his high horse.

Had the rolls been reversed in that chance with Suarez on the ball we would have scored. Luis may not have, but the team would have.

As I said earlier, ideal impact sub. Not good enough to be a regular starter in a league winning side.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:30 am

only me » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:43 pm wrote:

Such an overly used cliché which is both misguided and completely wrong.

The problem is his ego will kick when its 0-0 or we're 1-0 down... it already has and will continue to do so.

Sturridge is a hard player to manage due to his personality. He needs to "be loved" but he becomes very over confident very quickly.

Quite frankly, the inferiority complex he has is a bad sign of weakness and a major reason he'd be far better as an impact sub.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 am

Stu the Red » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:22 am wrote:Looked really up for the game last night and his movement was excellent. However he shown, the exact reasons the likes of Chelsea and City were ready willing to get rid. The first two goals were very good, there was some excellent first touches (and some shocking ones) and his through ball for Sterling was perfectly weighted and shown good vision...

Which brings us to the other side of the argument. The ME, ME, ME prima donna attitude. The Penalty he should NEVER have taken, he's not an amateur, he's a "professional" and you have a penalty taker for a reason.

Then there was chance where he went through, anyone can get tackled before they take a shot, he "should" have took the chance earlier but he didn't... he could have played it to Suarez early too... but didn't see it, fair enough he didn't see the early ball... but the next two incidents for me where a disgrace and he got exactly what he deserved and was hooked.

When he decided not to shoot, he turned back on himself and had a five yard pass to an un marked Coutinho who would have had an open goal as a target from 14 yards. He decided to be extremely selfish as usual and tried to fashion himself a chance rather than doing the easy and simple thing which would have resulted in a goal.

Then the way he decided to try and take the chance with a selfish chip instead of smashing it across the goal was criminal.

Suarez, Coutinho and Henderson were absolutely FUMING with him for a reason, the reason was it was an excellent break, a "guaranteed" goal was spurned for the second time in the match due to Daniel's attitude and quite frankly its something I have no time for on a personal level either.

Rodgers shown excellent man management by hooking him and knocking him off his high horse.

Had the rolls been reversed in that chance with Suarez on the ball we would have scored. Luis may not have, but the team would have.

As I said earlier, ideal impact sub. Not good enough to be a regular starter in a league winning side.

:cool:
"Yeah! bring back Andy Carroll!"
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:39 am

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:56 pm wrote:
goals come from fluid seamless attacks, I am certain Sturridge would have got his hattrick had he stuck to the team attacking philosophy.

Funny that, been saying that since he signed... still, its fine... Until he costs us.

If a lack of ability costs you a goal... so be it... but a lack of attitude and "can't be a*sed" type attitude?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 am

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1228200#p1228200 wrote:

Absolute shyte
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:51 am

Stu the Red » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:30 am wrote:
only me » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:43 pm wrote:

Such an overly used cliché which is both misguided and completely wrong.

The problem is his ego will kick when its 0-0 or we're 1-0 down... it already has and will continue to do so.

Sturridge is a hard player to manage due to his personality. He needs to "be loved" but he becomes very over confident very quickly.

Quite frankly, the inferiority complex he has is a bad sign of weakness and a major reason he'd be far better as an impact sub.

Seems you marked a target and won't let reality hit you in the face as more time pass and Sturridge continues to score....Should i remind you of another " hard player to manage due to his personality" playing in the team? ....This is where BR comes in and does his job ,so far you can't argue with the results. (Well you try but still it's pathetic).
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:50 am

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:08 am

Stu the Red » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:22 am wrote:

Really? are you serious or just looking to stir up a reaction?

what a beaut
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion