Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:41 am

Y Benayoun Hamstring Injury  - 2nd Dec 09 
F Aurelio Calf/Shin Injury - 18th Nov 09 
A Riera Hamstring Injury - no return date 
G Johnson Calf Muscle Strain - no return date 
S Gerrard Groin Strain - no return date
F Torres - no return date

This panorama means dropped points. It's not excuses. It's a fúcking and depressing fact. :(
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:19 am

Sabre wrote:
Y Benayoun Hamstring Injury  - 2nd Dec 09 
F Aurelio Calf/Shin Injury - 18th Nov 09 
A Riera Hamstring Injury - no return date 
G Johnson Calf Muscle Strain - no return date 
S Gerrard Groin Strain - no return date
F Torres - no return date

This panorama means dropped points. It's not excuses. It's a fúcking and depressing fact. :(

I agree...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:36 am

I honestly don't believe the players had a proper pre-season and the lack of preparation has played a part in our string of injuries. We looked tired and off the pace in our first few games, and no doubt trying too hard when not adequately prepared and tired has cost us. Yes we have no doubt had our fair share of the usual injuries (international duty etc), but Gerrard for example has never looked fully fit all season.
account deleted by request

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:12 am

s@int wrote:I honestly don't believe the players had a proper pre-season and the lack of preparation has played a part in our string of injuries. We looked tired and off the pace in our first few games, and no doubt trying too hard when not adequately prepared and tired has cost us. Yes we have no doubt had our fair share of the usual injuries (international duty etc), but Gerrard for example has never looked fully fit all season.

Thats a good point saint I thought we looked 2-3 yards short at start of season and if players are not eased into the pace of this league year on year this can up the chance of injurys imo.But what went wrong that is the question the new staff slacking off ? I can't think of any other reasons for this I know Rafa is very anal about training so I am stumped.  :suspect:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby loopyliverpool » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:52 am

Why does it always seem to be hamstrings/ groins and niggly little strains....is the training regime to blame for these injuries to keep recurring?
loopyliverpool

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:37 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Aurelio dropped from the Brazil squad as his calf injury flared up again. Could be out for "a prolonged spell"....

:help

i assume he's okay now... he's on the bench for brazil
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Aurelio dropped from the Brazil squad as his calf injury flared up again. Could be out for "a prolonged spell"....

So was robinho but he wasn't playing.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Dazzer wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:

So was robinho but he wasn't playing.

yes but if they're fit enough for the bench, neither will be out for a prolonged spell. they were doing general warm-ups before the match with the rest of the subs, so he really cant be that bad.  Robinho's rumoured to play against us.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Now it's Eggnog's turn ! :angry:
Liverpool injury curse hits Ngog

17.11.09 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Liverpool
Liverpool striker David Ngog has broken down in training with France U21.

Ngog was involved in a clash in training yesterday with the French Under-21s and reports this morning claim he has broken his nose.

The young forward is now a doubt to face Sweden tomorrow night.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:58 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Now it's Eggnog's turn ! :angry:
Liverpool injury curse hits Ngog

17.11.09 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Liverpool
Liverpool striker David Ngog has broken down in training with France U21.

Ngog was involved in a clash in training yesterday with the French Under-21s and reports this morning claim he has broken his nose.

The young forward is now a doubt to face Sweden tomorrow night.

:laugh: was just gonna post an article about him an all, Surly though a broken nose wont stop him from playing Saturday
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:01 am

Rafa Benitez is confident of having Steven Gerrard, Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson fit to face Man City this weekend.
All three have trained well after sitting out international duty and should be available for Saturday's crunch fixture against Mark Hughes' men.

However, Benitez is likely to be without top scorer Fernando Torres.

He told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Agger is okay. He had a small problem with his back but he's training. It was a very good decision from Denmark's manager (to withdraw Agger) because he is much better now. I think he'll be okay for the weekend.

"Johnson has been training. Not full sessions, but training, so hopefully he'll be okay for the weekend too.

"Gerrard is doing well. He finished a full training session today, so if he can carry on then he'll be okay as well.

"Fernando Torres is training with the physios, so I don't think he'll be available."

Benitez also had good news to report on hamstring duo Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera, who were originally ruled out for four weeks after pulling up against Birmingham on November 9.

The boss said: "I was talking about four weeks but they are working hard with the physios and doing special treatments. We have to check but maybe they'll be back earlier than expected."

Meanwhile, Benitez expects to have David Ngog available for our forthcoming fixtures despite breaking his nose with France U21s.

"We know Ngog has broken his nose but it's not serious," he said. "I am not sure yet because we haven't seen him but I think he'll be okay, it won't be serious."

Elsewhere, Fabio Aurelio - who could not accept a long-awaited call to the Brazil squad due to a calf injury - remains a concern.

"It's a pity because he was waiting for this call for a long time, then when he got the opportunity he had a problem," said Benitez. "He's improving but still has a little bit of a problem with his calf. It will be difficult for him to play against Man City."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166489091117-1515.htm
bunglemark2

Postby TheLad » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:39 am

Yossi and Riera traveling with other PL stars for miracle cure to belgrade. :-)
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1228751/Five-follow-Robin-Van-Persie-Manchester-City-Liverpool-stars-fly-Belgrade-placenta-cure.ht
ml]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....re.html[/url]
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Article doesn't exist, better to copy and paste in or it becomes redundant once the link dies
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Owzat wrote:Article doesn't exist, better to copy and paste in or it becomes redundant once the link dies

I saw it earlier alright on the Telegraph site. Somethign about equine placenta rubbed into injured areas  ???
bunglemark2

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 am

Feckin horse placenta . Whatever floats yer boat .

Liverpool’s faith in controversial Serbian healer pays off
Yossi Benayoun and Albert Riera are in contention for a surprise return to the Liverpool squad for Saturday’s clash with Manchester City after some controversial therapy.

They have been treated by a Serbian physiotherapist credited with accelerating recovery from injury with the use of placenta cells.

Benayoun and Riera had been expected to be sidelined for up to five weeks after suffering torn hamstrings during Liverpool’s 2-2 draw against Birmingham City at Anfield 11 days ago.

But the midfielders have now been given an outside chance of facing City at Anfield this weekend after making unexpected progress with their injuries after visiting Mariana Kovacevic in Belgrade. Israeli midfielder Benayoun said: “I am feeling better already. My hope now is that I will be fit in one week, two at the most. ”

Kovacevic has sprung to prominence following Arsenal forward Robin van Persie’s revelation that he would be visiting her Belgrade clinic in an attempt to boost his recovery from an ankle injury suffered while playing for Holland against Italy at the weekend.

Dutch team-mate Orlando Engelaar had recommended Kovacevic to Van Persie after making a quicker than expected recovery from injury after being subjected to her innovative methods earlier this year.

The injection of horse placenta on to the affected area is claimed to speed up the recovery process and, while it is not known whether Benayoun and Riera have been subjected to that treatment, both have returned to Liverpool ahead of schedule with their rehabilitation.

David Ngog, the French forward, is expected to be fit to face City, despite suffering a broken nose while training with France Under-21s this week.

Ngog, whose last outing for Liverpool ended in controversy amid accusations that he dived to win a penalty against Birmingham, will be able to take his place in the squad for City’s visit, according to manager Rafael Benítez.

Benítez said: “Ngog has broken his nose, so we will have to see how he is before the weekend, but we think he is going to be OK. It is not too serious.”

Liverpool face a crucial week with the visit of City followed by the Champions League trip to Hungary to tackle Debrecen, where even a victory may not be enough to save Benitez’s team from elimination.

Benítez said: “This is the start of an important week for us.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....ff.html
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion