Transfer day - Are we gong to buy anyone?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:08 am

F.ucking hell you wouldn't want to come on here if you were feeling suicidal
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Simari » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:15 am

Sigh - Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney.

On the bright side, they can't all play at the same time -Unless Fergie finds a system to accomodate them.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:15 am

Simari wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Lee J wrote:well once again the club and the new players will get my full support but I cant help feeling a little dissapointed that we once again have been sh!te in the transfer window. I'm very worried about Man City now. They paid 30 million for Robinho and have just bought themselves a top four finish. I think Man City will be in top four next may but at whose expense, Arsnail or Liverpool?

Im a worried man this morning

City getting Robinho wont turn them into a top 4 club - maybe around 6th etc . Robinho had his best season last year yet still only scored 11 goals - he isnt as good as 32 mil suggest. nowhere near .

He may not be WORTH £32m, but where exactly in this day and age will you get someone like him, at his age for £20m to play in the EPL?

And yet again, I ask you GYBS - why would that sort of a player want to play for LFC?

That last question really digs deep inside and hurts, because it is becoming obvious that top players are not interested in Liverpool as there is a certain sense of financial and performance crisis in the near future - A combination of both owners and manager.

How many top players are there around that still consider Liverpool to be their boyhood club?

How do you know top players arent interested in liveprool ? Torres and masher were and still are - they are top players in my eyes - do you really think if we had the money and went for robinho he would of still picked city ? He went were the money is not because of the club . City need a lot more than robinho to break into the top 4 or get near

GK,RB,LB,CB,CM,CM,Another striker

They have a half decent young team who will push for maybe cc and uefa cup slots . they have bought one player and now all of sudden we will be down in 5th .

Performance crisis ?? what ?? crystal ball time again is it ?
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:18 am

TBH , i am gutted by our dealings in the transfer markets but you take in on the chin and move on . We paid the right price for players unlike everton who splashed out 15 million on felliani who had 1 good game against us . As for city , its just like football manager , some players are greedy like robinho and there are some who want to play and win trophies and play for bigger clubs not just wages , etc ronaldinho . Robinho is a good buy for them and we'll see what he's made of against chelsea in their next game . How must roman be feeling , he just got outbid for a player , if we are to compete with the likes of chelsea and city now , even manure , we need the yanks to pull their wallets out or sell us to someone who can actually do it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:20 am

Simari wrote:Sigh - Ronaldo, Tevez, Berbatov and Rooney.

On the bright side, they can't all play at the same time -Unless Fergie finds a system to accomodate them.

4-2-4 , rooney and ronaldo supporting the wings , and pushing up , in a way , they have 4 midfielders but 2 of them playing and supporting the strikeforce . he can play at least 3 together
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:21 am

GYBS wrote:
Simari wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Lee J wrote:well once again the club and the new players will get my full support but I cant help feeling a little dissapointed that we once again have been sh!te in the transfer window. I'm very worried about Man City now. They paid 30 million for Robinho and have just bought themselves a top four finish. I think Man City will be in top four next may but at whose expense, Arsnail or Liverpool?

Im a worried man this morning

City getting Robinho wont turn them into a top 4 club - maybe around 6th etc . Robinho had his best season last year yet still only scored 11 goals - he isnt as good as 32 mil suggest. nowhere near .

He may not be WORTH £32m, but where exactly in this day and age will you get someone like him, at his age for £20m to play in the EPL?

And yet again, I ask you GYBS - why would that sort of a player want to play for LFC?

That last question really digs deep inside and hurts, because it is becoming obvious that top players are not interested in Liverpool as there is a certain sense of financial and performance crisis in the near future - A combination of both owners and manager.

How many top players are there around that still consider Liverpool to be their boyhood club?

How do you know top players arent interested in liveprool ? Torres and masher were and still are - they are top players in my eyes - do you really think if we had the money and went for robinho he would of still picked city ? He went were the money is not because of the club . City need a lot more than robinho to break into the top 4 or get near

GK,RB,LB,CB,CM,CM,Another striker

They have a half decent young team who will push for maybe cc and uefa cup slots . they have bought one player and now all of sudden we will be down in 5th .

You might want to re-read posts that some of us have made :D. We don't think they will push us out in a month.

So I will repeat for your benefit, It will take City atleast 12 months to start challenging for our spot (and Arsenal's), but with the REAL money backing them, that won't be a problem. Add to that, they do have a top manager in Mark Hughes.

The key point here is - Gerrard, Carra are not getting any younger. We need to have built a solid team around them by now already.

Riera could turn out to be the buy of the season and so it's not doom and gloom yet. However, he is just as likely to go bust - in which case, Rafa tenure will be close to an end.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:23 am

bunglemark2 wrote:
Lee J wrote:aye but just wait til January when they've had a chance to take a look at everyone. Indeed they'll be offers flying around for torres and Gerrard and Ronaldo etc and the worrying thing is these are fellas that CAN back it up with cash - NOT LIKE OUR STINKING YANKIE DOODLE W@NKERS! WHO ARE SKINT AND DRAINING US! :angry:

YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! v

:sleep

More anti-American dross...Soon to be followed by anti-Rafa dross...

:sleep

I'm gonna set my alarm clock for 12 midday and see if we've moved on from this pessimism

Sorry Mark, but it's the truth and if something doesn't drastically changed we're going to struggle to get UEFA Cup never mind CL in the not so distance future.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:29 am

ok then - enough of the doom and gloom. What a great season we have ahead of us. Lets get the league tied up by Xmas and then we can concentrate more on the champions league. We've got a good team of superb players and we have a great manager who will take us the the next level. And the two americans that own our club, what can I say... wondeful people who have our best interests at heart. They'll put millions of their own money into the transfer kitty and Rafa will be able to sign whoever he wants. They'll also make sure we get that 75000 seater stadium even if they have to lay the bricks themselves.

Things are looking really bright for the future folks. this time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:42 am

i just found a watch in the garage :D
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:47 am

Lee J wrote:ok then - enough of the doom and gloom. What a great season we have ahead of us. Lets get the league tied up by Xmas and then we can concentrate more on the champions league. We've got a good team of superb players and we have a great manager who will take us the the next level. And the two americans that own our club, what can I say... wondeful people who have our best interests at heart. They'll put millions of their own money into the transfer kitty and Rafa will be able to sign whoever he wants. They'll also make sure we get that 75000 seater stadium even if they have to lay the bricks themselves.

Things are looking really bright for the future folks. this time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney.

I couldn't agree more.....

Oh i woke up  :(
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:51 am

GRAHAM01 wrote:i just found a watch in the garage :D

:laugh: Youd better get down to Sotherbys then sharpish might be an old mariners watch worth a good few million :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:25 am

The whole man city thing yesterday proves that the world has just gone mad. It just like football manager now. :no
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:53 am

stmichael wrote:The whole man city thing yesterday proves that the world has just gone mad. It just like football manager now. :no

but what do clubs do for the best? join them or get left behind.

It would be perfect if a team won the league that hasn't had a big takeover cash injection. I suppose Arsnail are the closest
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Anyone heard that Arsenal bid £14 mil for alonso last night but the club wanted £17 mil?
puroresu

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:41 pm

I don't think that happen , it was not on any rumors page and the club have set his price at 16 million , if we had sold him , who could we have brought it on such short notice? Barry i would have guessed
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion