Transfer day - Are we gong to buy anyone?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:10 am

Hats off to Man City for pulling off the Robinho-transfer, though they've no doubt had to throw a ridiculous salary his way, as he was more set on a move to Chelski. Funny to see someone get the better of Chelski this way though. On the other hand it does make me very worried about our own future; teams like Man City, Tottenham and even Aston Villa seem to be spending a lot of money, and our position in "the top 4" could very well be under huge threat these coming seasons (perhaps already this season), if our owners, the clown, Rafa and the team don't get their act together sharpishly. Man City will probably spend heavily on a couple of players again in the january-market (and they've got a very shrewd manager), wheras we'll be scraping (sp) to afford some average Joe. Worrying times indeed me fears :( .
JamCar05

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:13 am

well once again the club and the new players will get my full support but I cant help feeling a little dissapointed that we once again have been sh!te in the transfer window. I'm very worried about Man City now. They paid 30 million for Robinho and have just bought themselves a top four finish. I think Man City will be in top four next may but at whose expense, Arsnail or Liverpool?

Im a worried man this morning
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:22 am

Presumably we still have Pennant and Benayoun....
Did Tesco come in with a last minute offer by any chance ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby dawson99 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:22 am

Lee J wrote:well once again the club and the new players will get my full support but I cant help feeling a little dissapointed that we once again have been sh!te in the transfer window. I'm very worried about Man City now. They paid 30 million for Robinho and have just bought themselves a top four finish. I think Man City will be in top four next may but at whose expense, Arsnail or Liverpool?

Have you heard what they would have done if they'd ahd a few more days in chargem, trust me this deal is bad for football throughout the world if rumours are true and they think 500million is peanuts (when asked how much roman had spent)

expect stupid bets for everyone from ronaldo and torres to villa and fabregas spending hundreds of millions in the pursuit of a quick win
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:23 am

If the new ManCity owners would have pulled anything off what they tried yesterday, this would've been their team:

-----------------------Hart----------------------

---Richards---------Dunne------Onuoha---

---------------------Kompany-----------------

---Messi---------------------------Petrov----

--------------------Robinho-------------------

---Jô--------------Villa------------Berbatov--

Thank god they didn't arrive in July :D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:24 am

What was going on last night then with the '2 deal'? Did we sign anyone else in the end?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 am

aye but just wait til January when they've had a chance to take a look at everyone. Indeed they'll be offers flying around for torres and Gerrard and Ronaldo etc and the worrying thing is these are fellas that CAN back it up with cash - NOT LIKE OUR STINKING YANKIE DOODLE W@NKERS! WHO ARE SKINT AND DRAINING US! :angry:

YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! v
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 am

we signed Riera, Peter Gulacsi (gk) and Vitor Flora - impressive eh. That'll have shown Man U and Chelsea that now we mean business - title push on the cards now
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 am

Lee J wrote:aye but just wait til January when they've had a chance to take a look at everyone. Indeed they'll be offers flying around for torres and Gerrard and Ronaldo etc and the worrying thing is these are fellas that CAN back it up with cash - NOT LIKE OUR STINKING YANKIE DOODLE W@NKERS! WHO ARE SKINT AND DRAINING US! :angry:

YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! YANKS OUT! v

:sleep

More anti-American dross...Soon to be followed by anti-Rafa dross...

I'm gonna set my alarm clock for 12 midday and see if we've moved on from this pessimism
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:33 am

Lee J wrote:well once again the club and the new players will get my full support but I cant help feeling a little dissapointed that we once again have been sh!te in the transfer window. I'm very worried about Man City now. They paid 30 million for Robinho and have just bought themselves a top four finish. I think Man City will be in top four next may but at whose expense, Arsnail or Liverpool?

City getting Robinho wont turn them into a top 4 club - maybe around 6th etc . Robinho had his best season last year yet still only scored 11 goals - he isnt as good as 32 mil suggest. nowhere near .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:35 am

Lee J wrote:aye but just wait til January when they've had a chance to take a look at everyone. Indeed they'll be offers flying around for torres and Gerrard and Ronaldo etc and the worrying thing is these are fellas that CAN back it up with cash - NOT LIKE OUR STINKING YANKIE DOODLE W@NKERS! WHO ARE SKINT AND DRAINING US! :angry:

I belived that DIC know about the MAN CITY new owner. We just have to wait maybe 1 month from now, because if he loves ( the owner of DIC ) LIverpool so much,  he should know what to do for the next 30 days.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:42 am

Ive just got up and heard the news about our new signings Im over the moon, brilliant transfer window, cant wait to see them play.

OH WAIT.................

Weve got a lad on a free who shares his surname with a packet of marg.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:45 am

bunglemark2 wrote:

More anti-American dross...Soon to be followed by anti-Rafa dross...

I'm gonna set my alarm clock for 12 midday and see if we've moved on from this pessimism

correct.

apart from I aint anti-rafa and never will be.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:06 am

GYBS wrote:

City getting Robinho wont turn them into a top 4 club - maybe around 6th etc . Robinho had his best season last year yet still only scored 11 goals - he isnt as good as 32 mil suggest. nowhere near .

He may not be WORTH £32m, but where exactly in this day and age will you get someone like him, at his age for £20m to play in the EPL?

And yet again, I ask you GYBS - why would that sort of a player want to play for LFC?

That last question really digs deep inside and hurts, because it is becoming obvious that top players are not interested in Liverpool as there is a certain sense of financial and performance crisis in the near future - A combination of both owners and manager.

How many top players are there around that still consider Liverpool to be their boyhood club?
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:07 am

GYBS wrote:

The thing is though, that whilst Robinho might not be THAT great, it has still been a big statement of intent, and they'll probably spend big again in the january market. So if Man City are anywhere near the top 4 come christmas, they might very well be a huge threat to us already this season.
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion