No, not sure there are enough games and injury is a worry
11%
Maybe, I'm sitting on the fence
No votes

Total votes : 46

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
Fauxy wrote:For me he is 3rd best player in the World.

The only reason he isnt first is because Messi + Ronaldo edge it because they can take freekicks and they play in teams with other class players around them.

messi and ronaldo are just freaks

they dont even play as striker and both score the amount of goals any striker would envy

torres is probaly 3rd but his goal record for spain is terrible so maybe not

Spain play a slow game (as do La Liga teams) which doesn't suit Torres. They try to walk the ball in, play is congested and there isn't the same space to move/run onto through balls. He tore R.Madrid to shreds at Anfield that he never did when he was at Atletico... his game was made for the English tempo.

His winner for Spain in Euro 2008 was the kind of goal he scores in England... through ball from midfield where he then roasts the defender and dinks it over the keeper.

His game is all about pace... pace, movement, body swerve and skinning defenders so they cant block shots.. and his finishing is clinical.

no not in la liga

i meant his international record is very bad, whereas david villas is ridiculous

so because of that i dont think hes better than ronaldo and messi
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 pm

If he gets the kind of service he was getting yesterday there will be no problem
Creative attacking play suits him as was proven
Rafa take note
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Love to see our Nando alongside Villa for us. They'd be f*cking awsome...

Or how about

Nando with Higuain or Aguero...

Aint happening like...but still 

:(

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm

red37 wrote:Love to see our Nando alongside Villa for us. They'd be f*cking awsome...

Or how about

Nando with Higuain or Aguero...

Aint happening like...but still 

:(

One day we´ll fool everyone by playing a team that speaks english.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

i've got a very strong feeling that we will see  david villa in a liverpool shirt before the end of this season.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:24 pm

andy_g wrote:i've got a very strong feeling that we will see  david villa in a liverpool shirt before the end of this season.

Yeah, when he does a swap with Torres after the semi.

I'd prefer him to have one of his own. With 7 on the back.  :nod

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09 pm

got to get up earlier in the morning to catch you out, eh red?

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kerry07 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:33 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
Kerry07 wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:
Fauxy wrote:For me he is 3rd best player in the World.

The only reason he isnt first is because Messi + Ronaldo edge it because they can take freekicks and they play in teams with other class players around them.

messi and ronaldo are just freaks

they dont even play as striker and both score the amount of goals any striker would envy

torres is probaly 3rd but his goal record for spain is terrible so maybe not

Spain play a slow game (as do La Liga teams) which doesn't suit Torres. They try to walk the ball in, play is congested and there isn't the same space to move/run onto through balls. He tore R.Madrid to shreds at Anfield that he never did when he was at Atletico... his game was made for the English tempo.

His winner for Spain in Euro 2008 was the kind of goal he scores in England... through ball from midfield where he then roasts the defender and dinks it over the keeper.

His game is all about pace... pace, movement, body swerve and skinning defenders so they cant block shots.. and his finishing is clinical.

no not in la liga

i meant his international record is very bad, whereas david villas is ridiculous

so because of that i dont think hes better than ronaldo and messi

I know what you were saying hence i put la liga in brackets.

His goal record for the Spanish NT (1 in 3) and in la liga (1 in 2.7) is comparable.. and in both cases he plays/played in teams that have a slow tempo that play close in and walk the ball into the net, so he doesnt get the space to manouvre.

The English game on the otherhand suits his style perfectly.. the direct breakaways where he can run into space, turn defenders inside out, as a result his goal ratio is staggering. Villa is more a box player so suits the close in nature of Spain/La liga.. Diego Forlan is a similar type, and hes scored for fun in la liga having bombed in England.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Fauxy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 pm

People go on about how good Villa and Torres would be if they both played for us... but when they both play for spain they dont seem to link up well together. I would prefer Torres/Aguero to be honest.
Fauxy

Postby Joeblackisachimp » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 am

Torres will be off 80m in th summer to real madrid should LFc not get that 4th spot.

LFC fans at the moment, purely against Gillette and Hicks, riddling us with debt, when we are in a global recession is totally unfair. The manager has had a lot of cash and Mr. David Moores took his money and run??? no one mentions that.

Rafa has had the cash over the past 6 seasons, and if we dont finish 4th he should get the boot. :rasp
Joeblackisachimp

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 am

Joeblackisachimp wrote:Torres will be off 80m in th summer to real madrid should LFc not get that 4th spot.

LFC fans at the moment, purely against Gillette and Hicks, riddling us with debt, when we are in a global recession is totally unfair. The manager has had a lot of cash and Mr. David Moores took his money and run??? no one mentions that.

Rafa has had the cash over the past 6 seasons, and if we dont finish 4th he should get the boot. :rasp

Torres to Madrid? Are you some kind of eejit? Clueless!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:41 am

Joeblackisachimp wrote:The manager has had a lot of cash and Mr. David Moores took his money and run??? no one mentions that.

we did mention it, but after the 86,000th time it got boring.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 am

Joeblackisachimp wrote:Torres will be off 80m in th summer to real madrid should LFc not get that 4th spot.

:laugh:
Theres as much chance of Torres going to Real as Gerrard going to united
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby club_Levis » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:46 am

I never imagined cannabis was that available in that part of the world.
club_Levis

Postby leep33 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 am

Hopefully Torres will stay he seems to be making the right noises about staying but after Rafa took him off yesterday i just do not know.
leep33

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion