Manured bid for torres?!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:22 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:I WILL NEVER JOIN UNITED SAYS TORRES

FERNANDO TORRES has warned Sir Alex Ferguson that he will never join Manchester United.

“Listen, my team is Liverpool and this is very clear to me.

“This club has it all – the history, the prestige, the fans, the organisation.

“It’s a big responsibility to give the fans here the success they desire, but the challenge is always exhilarating and this is why I was delighted to sign a new contract.”

On his way to becoming a legend , what a player both on and off the pitch :bowdown

Was never in any doubt about him :bowdown

Do you know what made me laugh though that Perez has offerd Valencia 35 million for Villa, An they want 45 -50 , Perez has said he would only pay 50 for Fernando or Ibrahimovich :laugh:  the cheeky little g.et 5o wouldnt even get his left foot :laugh:

I have never been so impressed by a players attitude as this lads, plus - he's willing to shout it from the mountain tops. Hé's a great ambassador for the club and must give Rafa great confidence.

If he cant convince David Villa to move to Anfield then he's mentally retarded and we dont want him anyway.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Torres is definetly one of our most loyal players, he has supported Liverpool his whole life even when he played at Atletico he admitted that he wanted a tattoo of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' on his arm and him and his mates have had a liverpool armband since they were kids.

I bet him and Rafa are drying tears of laughter off their faces with this newspaper article  :D
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Not exactly news what Torres came out with, he already turned the mancs down once didn't he before joining a better team (us)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Torres was born to play at Liverpool.  :cool:
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sarge » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:46 pm

Toffeehater wrote:On his way to becoming a legend , what a player both on and off the pitch :bowdown

He already is... :buttrock
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:53 pm

There is only one worry about Torres. Okay maybe 2.

1. He is a bit injury prone

2. He probably will go back to Spain one day. Even if it is not until 6 years from now it is still too soon.

There are no other worries.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby DrPepe » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Sarge wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:On his way to becoming a legend , what a player both on and off the pitch :bowdown

He already is... :buttrock

needs to win stuff before we can dot the i's and cross the t's in LEGEND  :cool:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby SundanceKid » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:37 am

I really do think Rafa should just steer clear of that rambling idiot's nonsense this season. Distracts us from our football.

And I just heard the telly say we're almost out of debt. Gillete is selling the Montreal hockey team for 332 Million Pounds but I don't how much of that is going towards the club.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby heimdall » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Owzat wrote:Might be a record for an INTERNATIONAL hat-trick.

Is that a guess? I thought you only dealt with concrete facts and statistical probabilities etc.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:14 pm

I knew there had to be a quicker international hat trick than 17 minutes, considering all the :censored: international teams out there:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/sport/football/645185.stm

So 4 mins is the record international hattrick,

Fastest ever hat trick was 90 seconds:

The world record for fastest hat-trick belongs to former Ross County player Tommy Ross, who scored three goals in 90 seconds, versus Nairn County F.C. in Victoria Park in 1964 :Oo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hat-trick
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:27 pm

heimdall wrote:Fastest ever hat trick was 90 seconds:

The world record for fastest hat-trick belongs to former Ross County player Tommy Ross, who scored three goals in 90 seconds, versus Nairn County F.C. in Victoria Park in 1964 :Oo:

I remember Fowler getting a hat-trick in about four minutes against Arsenal. He always seemed to score against them. Great player he was, born in Toxteth I believe. He came through the youth ranks.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:33 pm

bigmick wrote:

I remember Fowler getting a hat-trick in about four minutes against Arsenal. He always seemed to score against them. Great player he was, born in Toxteth I believe. He came through the youth ranks.

Never heard of him - was he any good ??   :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby DrPepe » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:33 pm

bigmick wrote:

blighted by injury, possibly exacerbated by the amount he played as a relative youngster. Looking back we relied on him too much.

Perhaps if we could have filled out the squad with some quality from home and abroad his career would have last longer and been less blighted...
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Spot on Doc. We had a couple of good local lads in the team during the same period, as well as a few who had been bought as kids from various other parts of the UK (Jamie Redknapp etc), but not quite enough quality to make it all work. Fowler, Macmanaman, Owen, Gerrard and Carragher though were very decent products of the youth system around that time. I wonder if they'd get a chance today.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Well as its dragged on to all other threads then YES they would get a chance as they showed they had outstanding skill and outstanding technical ability :;):  so i have no doubt every single one of them would of had the same chance.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion