I bet he won't make the trip
2%
I bet he will be on the bench
21%
I bet he will start
77%

Total votes : 52

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:05 pm

No, he will save him for the CL game, we don't need Torres to beat Wigan ............ do we?
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:09 pm

I've also chosen the third option (as most of us), and I agree with you Mick, I think Rafa knows that we need to get some points on the board now, and he will play with a more settled team for the next period (obviously there will still be a few altercations from game to game... c'mon it wouldn't be Rafa otherwise :D ). I seem to remember him doing this in the 05-06 season as well at some point, where we had a really good run. Btw, I think Torres will tear Wigan apart tomorrow :)
JamCar05

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:53 pm

heimdall wrote:If he doesn't play it will prove Rafa is a spiteful little sh1t who is not playing Torres purely to annoy the fans, there is no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't play him otherwise. If he doesn't play and Liverpool draw or loose the pressure on Rafa will increase a hell of a lot.

If Rafa doesn;t pick Torres then that doesn't make him spiteful, just a stubborn B***** !  :D

And if that proves to be the case then he shares the same quality as Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and Kenny Dalglish..........

So my question to you is this . Have you got a problem with that ?  :oops:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:57 pm

I'm going to Wigan tomorrow. I'll pay £25 and have to travel approx 20 miles there and back................

I'm going to watch Liverpool Football Club and whilst I'd like to think I'll see the best 11 LFC have to offer I won't demand it as a right.

I support the TEAM, I don't pick it !  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:12 am

Dalglish wrote:
heimdall wrote:If he doesn't play it will prove Rafa is a spiteful little sh1t who is not playing Torres purely to annoy the fans, there is no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't play him otherwise. If he doesn't play and Liverpool draw or loose the pressure on Rafa will increase a hell of a lot.

If Rafa doesn;t pick Torres then that doesn't make him spiteful, just a stubborn B***** !  :D

And if that proves to be the case then he shares the same quality as Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley and Kenny Dalglish..........

So my question to you is this . Have you got a problem with that ?  :oops:

they could afford to be stubborn mate, their tactics won the league, rafas hasnt, you also omitted the other stubborn manager houllier who also failed in the league because of his stubborness to stick with a tactic that doesnt work

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:35 am

heimdall wrote:If he doesn't play it will prove Rafa is a spiteful little sh1t who is not playing Torres purely to annoy the fans, there is no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't play him otherwise.

What do you mean "PROVE"? How is that proof? Where do you get this tripe from?

Quiet possibly one of the biggest load of bollox statements I've ever read on any forum or anywhere. It's comments like this that earns people the "w@nker of the year" awards in tabloids and junk rags like Nuts. Just nonsense. Hope you didn't mean it.

Anyway, you'll be right about one thing: as a fan I'll be p*ssed if he doesn't start him. He MUST start.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:09 am

He MUST start today. Wigan had a decent first few games and will set out similarly to reading. 10men behind the ball...could be difficult - we need fernando....
ken_job

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:21 am

Spiteful? I think that's harsh. I don't think Rafa would do anything to annoy the fans he adores.
I do think Rafa is stubborn though, and he will never be swayed by media pressure. If he does leave Torres out (which I honestly don't think he will) it will be to say "Fuck you, I pick this team".
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion