Manured bid for torres?!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:45 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/06/14/1323728/manchester-united-to-make-shock-move-for-liverpool-star-fernando-

If this is being true then I say wow   :sniffle
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:56 am

:laugh: :laugh: , torres will never ever go to manure , tell em to stick it , 40 million is a insult
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owz@t » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:59 am

Well if Ronaldo is "worth" £80m then Torres must be worth....................... :D

I'd want a massive bid before I'd sell Torres to the mancs, not just because it is they bidding, but because I'd want us to come out of the deal better off than them, so we'd need enough to replace Torres with another Torres, AND have money to spare to buy another quality player or two ie we catch up through the deal rather than end up no closer. Rooney plus cash kind of thing. I'd not rule it out completely, I'd rule it out by making the bid so much in our favour the mancs back out - like the Barry affair except in a few leagues up in terms of prices. Ask for £100m+, could buy three or four quality players for that. I'd force them to pull out of the talks rather than state he's not for sale, making sure I said "that fee is a joke, he's worth double that" in public every reported bid. "Have you been on the whiskey again, only a drunk would think that was a good offer?"

http://www.express.co.uk/posts....Ronaldo

WHISKEYNOSE WANTS TORRES TO BE THE NEW RONALDO

TORRES DE FORCE: The striker is now on mancs' wishlist
Sunday June 14,2009

By John Richardson

WHISKEYNOSE is planning an audacious raid on Liverpool for Kop striking hero Fernando Torres.

Armed with the £80 million windfall from Cristiano Ronaldo’s move to Real Madrid, the manc boss is determined to make his own impact in a transfer market which is becoming bloated with money from the big clubs.

Liverpool hitman Torres is the shock target, as whiskeynose knows that a bid of around £40m would have to be seriously considered by the mancs' title rivals who have severe cash problems.

If fergie could pull off the coup, it would be a slap in the face for Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, who was involved in a war of words with the drunk scots tw'at during the second half of the season.

Liverpool, who paid £20m to bring Torres from Atletico Madrid, would fight tooth and nail to hang on to the Spaniard but a British transfer record offer would give the Anfield boardroom serious food for thought.

In the meantime, fergie will pursue what could turn out to be more realistic targets – Lyon’s French striker Karim Benzema, Barcelona’s Samuel Eto’o, Atletico Madrid’s Sergio Aguero, Bayern Munich’s Franck Ribery and Valencia’s David Silva.

A £20m deal to take Wigan’s wide right sided player Antonio Valencia to old twatford will be finalised in the next few days.

The mancs believe they will lose Carlos Tevez to neighbours Manchester City but are more confident of fighting off the interest in unsettled defender Nemanja Vidic, who is being monitored by Barcelona and AC Milan
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! My Owzat account is locked by a seeming flaw in the board system. I changed my e-mail address, but that left me needing to be re-activated and therefore powerless to even post or notify a mod.
Owz@t

Postby Spinner » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:04 am

Surely this cant be serious - Im only a novice supporter from Australia but surely the marketability of Torres, especially with the exit of Ronaldo sets up Liverpool perfectly for next year and could never be priced in terms of money.

Surely this would be a trade that has no price.
Spinner

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:06 am

Fergie starting the mind games early this season!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:16 am

40 is a joke though.
For Torres goal ratio it would have to be a world record to take him, plus I think Rafa would never let Fergie GAIN something :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby Owzat » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:20 am

Rafa could use it to his advantage, make very public derision of his offers and wait until whiskeynose gives up or offers a deal that gives us the advantage. They have sold a player for £80m, a player as influential to them as Torres is to us, so £80m would be a good point for whiskeynose to start the bidding from.......................................

Press : "What do you think of fergie's offer of £40m for Torres?"
Rafa : "Are you drunk as well? Torres has more than doubled his value since arriving here, 50 goals in 84 appearances should prove that - and some"
Press : "You're right, £40m seems laughable compared to what Ronaldo went for"
Rafa : "Ronaldo was important to them, as Gerrard and Torres are to us. They only sold their prize asset for £80m so I would think our players must be in that bracket too."
Press : "So what kind of bid would interest you?"
Rafa : "We ran them close last season, forced them into a phenomenal run in to stay ahead of us, so why would we hand them an advantage by selling one of our best players for anything other than a BIG offer? If we got what Torres is actually worth then what's the point us selling him to our rivals?!?!?!?"
Press : "Quote us a figure then, one might tempt you and have you reaching for the phone a few times, maybe even dialling 666"
Rafa : "How about Rooney, Vidic and £50m. We'd need to replace Torres, Rooney would go halfway to doing that, Vidic would be an incentive and £50m would be a bargain given the cash they have coming in for Ronaldo. But seriously, we're looking to strengthen OUR team not their's. You win games with players not £80m in your pocket, if we sold our key players we'd want key players to replace them and until they come back with an offer that leaves us able to buy three replacements they can go whistle. Thankyou gentlemen."
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:25 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Glen Quagmire » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:58 am

Glen Quagmire

Postby Glen Quagmire » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:19 am

If this was ever to happen WORLD WAR THREE would break out
Glen Quagmire

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 am

Im laughin me head off ,

Raise the fecking roof Frenando lad. Blow it across The park
:nod

[/B]Clearly hungry to win his first major trophy in a Liverpool shirt, Torres admits he has been caught up in a local battle that may not be a natural duel for a young Spaniard to get embroiled with.

"They say foreign players don't care as much as the home grown, but we are very much aware that Liverpool haven't won the Premier League for 20 years and understand the supporters are desperate for us to put that right," he continues.

"The rivalry with Manchester United is intense and the roof will come off at Anfield if we beat them to next year's title. Obviously the Champions League means a lot to Liverpool, but the English title is the one everyone wants in our dressing room.

"I was brought up at Atletico Madrid, where the love of the team's colours knows no bounds. It's the same at Liverpool, though on an even larger scale. We have fans not only in this city, but literally all over the world.

"Liverpool Football Club is a phenomenon, with millions of fans totally identify with everything the club stands for. They are at one with the players and that's why the backing we get at Anfield and from the away support is second to none.

"This club has it all: the history, the prestige, the fans, the organisation. It's a big responsibility to give the fans here the success they desire, but the challenge is always exhilarating and this is why I was delighted to sign a new contract.

"I can never feel flat during a game at Anfield as there's a unique solidarity as football is what our supporters live for and you don't always find this at the major clubs. Loyalty comes and goes for some clubs, but it's permanent for Liverpool fans.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:39 am

this is a windup

if its not just some bored journalist who had 1 too many sherberts before switching on his laptop then its Ferguson tryin to get Rafa riled up by highlighting the two clubs financial situations.

pr*ck  :angry:
burjennio

Postby Simari » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 pm

This is the Daily Express folks. Don't forget that :)

Quality stuff in terms of funny garbage entertainment that is much needed on the daily rush-hour tube rides in London !

I do pay 40p every morning to read this stuff, but only because the news is so far out from space, it is very uplifting :D
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:03 pm

:D   old whiskey nose can bury himself in a few glasses of...whiskey.  Cheeky F**ker.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Penguins » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:41 pm

zzzz. Talk about lazy journalism.
There are so many reasons why it won't happen.
But to even write such **** and state such a pathetic sum lowers the credability below cellar level.
If 50 million isn't enough for mash, how can 40 million be enough for torres. Anything less than 80 and it is a big joke.
Worst :censored: I've read so far this summer.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion