No late transfer window buys for liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tonyeh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:11 pm

It doesn't matter a jot to me what "tallys" and I destinctly recall saying, when he signed, that my worry about Keane at Anfield was a repetition of his faults for the National team...ie, he tends to go missing and needs support of a tight unit.

That said, he was never going to fit into Benitez's way of doing things. The overly defensive nature of the midfield, ridiculous subbing policy and baffling selection choices were always going to dampen things.

In addition, it irks me quite a bit to constantly hear mention of his pricetag, as if the lad himself was demanding 20 mil for his transfer. That's a damning of Benitez, not Keane, in my book. I'm sure keane would have been happy to go for half of that or less.

Yes, his time (and I agree 6 months is ridiculous) was poor at Liverpool. But, the way he was handled was a farce and the situation with Aqualini is telling me that it is a one off.

Maybe it was the right time to get rid too, but doing so and NOT getting a back up (not even now!) was idiotic, in the extreme.
tonyeh

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is closing in on Danish starlet Alexander Jacobsen according to reports in Spanish publication AS and British tabloid The Daily Mail.

The highly-rated youngster has been courted by Barcelona and Real Madrid, but it looks as though Benitez has won the race to sign the player for Liverpool's youth academy.

Jacobsen, who is also eligible to play for Egypt through his father, has been compared to AC Milan and Brazilian forward Ronaldinho because of his unique ball skills and trickery.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Sport.co.uk
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:33 pm

PLUS...

WE made another 1.5M on the sale of a keeper:

"LIVERPOOL have banked £1.5million from the sale of goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov to FC Twente.
"
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion