Thiago Alcantara Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:43 pm

Like I said a few months ago, he's done playing for us and best we forget about him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:09 pm

damjan193 wrote:Like I said a few months ago, he's done playing for us and best we forget about him.

Exactly this..lovely on the eye when he does play but I don't understand some of the hype he gets..how many assists and goals has he had since he joined?And please don't start with the passing etc ... that is nice but doesn't get the win in and of itself.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:12 pm

Some have admired his ability (?) but for me he's always been a total waste of a shirt.  Four years at the club and in ALL competitions just 98 appearances (only 29 in the last 2 seasons ) and overall a measly return 3 goals. A complete waste of money, another one to add to a list of "highly rated" signings who failed to deliver. I appreciate that injuries have blighted his time at LFC but even when fully fit he wasn't THAT special, couldn't tackle a bag of crisps without picking up a card or an injury .  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:43 pm

The 200k per week off the wage bill will come in handy
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:51 pm

Was never going to be the type of player to come in and be up there when it comes to goals and assists.

We bought him to give us something different to what we have, mainly control in midfield when we are on the ball.

He is excellent at finding gaps and keeping the ball moving. Problem is, think the move to the league came a tad too late and the injuries obviously haven't helped.

Think he has had a eye on the exit door for a while and it's probably because he looking to move to a league with less rough and tumble.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:01 pm

I knew we should have binned him last summer and even force him out if we had too. Good riddance to him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion