The times podcast - Featuring Jamie Carragher

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:59 am

This is a podcast so i dont know if some people can play this at work.

Basically it involves Carra and Balague talking about our start to the season.

Sounds like Crouch isn't happy about rotation according to Balague.

http://www.footypod.co.uk/2007....e-times
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Transcript anyone?
burjennio

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:50 pm

Ballague:

Paco and Rafa are different sides of the same coin , for the past year and half mistrust has set in, rafa starting isolating Paco and it ended up sounding like this type of conversation "do you want to go?, do you want me to go? untill pako said 'enough' I'll have to go"

Paco was considered by rafa as the Best physical trainer in the world, but in guillems opinion Paco was the man who says no to rafa, the good policeman ,he sees things and pushes things forward and gets linked to the players and develops relationships with players that rafa doesn't. Rafa not interested in relationships with players.

leaves the question now about who says no to rafa?  although now on his own coincides with pool at their best whereas when houlliers staff left it coincided with a downturn in fortunes. Good in the short term what will happen in the long time?

Carragher joins in to the debate: players only found out a few days ago about pacos departure ,paco helped them a lot and they had a good relationship noone seen it coming, the main person is the manager however.

the manager likes to keep his distance as he has to leave players out, pako linked players to manager but someone else will take his role, time moves on, fergie had four or five assistants in shis time at united, just the way it goes.

what are the weaknesses of liverpool? carra spoke about starting well, villa game important,difficult place to go too, if we had only drew it and then gone into the chelsea game under more pressure, the gerrard goal was crucial.

the manager stresses rotation in pre season, he's got to give people a game, can't buy them without playing them otherwise would a be waste of money.

the main thing is the result, when its going well then its obviously easier. Centreback is the position that doesn't really get rotated so I'm lucky, strikers and wingers its harder becos of sharpness. Can be mentally tough.

would you reconsider england if another manager came in ? NO

Torres a different player from Daglish, reminds me in terms of his pace of michael owen, I'm glad I'm only playing against him in training.

Ripped off RAWK
account deleted by request

Postby burjennio » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:05 am

Cheers saint
burjennio

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion