The fullback situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:14 pm

They wanted to let him go in the summer and during mourinho's reign , but now due to them not being able to buy before they sell , they might let him go
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:27 am

But they would just have to replace him with another left back then, as they would need some backup for Cole. It really wouldn't make any sense, unless Bridge himself actually demanded a transfer. Just my opinion on the matter anyway. That being said, I do agree he could probably do an ok job for us (although he seems to be very injury prone - just like our other LB Aurelio).
JamCar05

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:30 am

Bridge wont' make any difference from what we've already had. Heinze is much much better.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:41 am

maguskwt wrote:Bridge wont' make any difference from what we've already had. Heinze is much much better.

Sorry magus, but I watch Heinze with Madrid everyweeks and he´s an absolute disgrace.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:57 am

He's not been the same heinze at manu but still a cracking player and would cost almost next to nothing if he came here
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:23 am

Does anyone seriously think Chelsea will sell us ANYONE given we're above them now and have been there or thereabouts all season?!?!? Forget Bridge, Chelsea aren't stupid enough to sell us a solution to our obvious weakness.

We could make a speculative bid for Warnock, but I'm guessing we'll pay a lot more than we sold him for. Insua did well yesterday, but it was hardly a seriously testing opponent. We could always try Agger at LB, he likes to join in the attack and is capable enough defensively. Although Rafa won't want any more injuries to CBs so playing the three remaining fit CBs at one would be risky
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Toffeehater wrote:He's not been the same heinze at manu but still a cracking player and would cost almost next to nothing if he came here

Why do you think he would cost almost next to nothing??? Real madrid is not a N.G.O.
Last edited by Alex G. on Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:43 pm

Owzat wrote:Does anyone seriously think Chelsea will sell us ANYONE given we're above them now and have been there or thereabouts all season?!?!? Forget Bridge, Chelsea aren't stupid enough to sell us a solution to our obvious weakness.

We could make a speculative bid for Warnock, but I'm guessing we'll pay a lot more than we sold him for. Insua did well yesterday, but it was hardly a seriously testing opponent. We could always try Agger at LB, he likes to join in the attack and is capable enough defensively. Although Rafa won't want any more injuries to CBs so playing the three remaining fit CBs at one would be risky

Warnock is shyte. He got skinned so easily by Yossi for 2-0.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:54 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Owzat wrote:Does anyone seriously think Chelsea will sell us ANYONE given we're above them now and have been there or thereabouts all season?!?!? Forget Bridge, Chelsea aren't stupid enough to sell us a solution to our obvious weakness.

Kinell, Bav, is there anyone you don't think is shyte? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:40 pm

bavlondon wrote:

come on we've seen Carra get outplayed by a trick too mate. it was just good work by Benayoun that Warnock didnt see coming.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:47 pm

I watched Alves playing for Barca last night, I can't believe that we didn't pay an extra 1m quid to get that player! He was absolutely quality, defencively and going forward as well. He scored a really good goal and was always a threat.

Its such a shame that we were once really close to getting him and we didn't.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
bavlondon wrote:

Kinell, Bav, is there anyone you don't think is shyte? ???

:D

Yes.....Torres

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:57 pm

metalhead wrote:I watched Alves playing for Barca last night, I can't believe that we didn't pay an extra 1m quid to get that player! He was absolutely quality, defencively and going forward as well. He scored a really good goal and was always a threat.

He really wanted to come to us as well. What a wasted chance that was.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:13 pm

bavlondon wrote:
metalhead wrote:I watched Alves playing for Barca last night, I can't believe that we didn't pay an extra 1m quid to get that player! He was absolutely quality, defencively and going forward as well. He scored a really good goal and was always a threat.

He really wanted to come to us as well. What a wasted chance that was.

yea it was just a bad call i guess... and the Keane signing makes it look even worse...

if we had cash to spend on Mascherano... all that money... surely getting Alves ahead of him would have made more sense to me...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:17 pm

Mascherano was different. We initially paid nothing for him right as it was just a loan we were just paying wages? But once we had him he proved to be so good we couldnt let him go.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion