The fullback situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:40 am

stmichael wrote:
Bam wrote:
stmichael wrote:Thought Insua had a really good game the other day.

I thought Dossena had a decent game before that.

That's probably fair, although he's had a couple of absolute nightmares which makes it difficult for you to afford him a run in the team.

Which seems to be the only way players like Insua will get chance, for the incumbents in each position to be playing badly which is to the detriment of the team.

There must be something wrong if Insua gets more chances and does well because (first choice) Dossena kept playing poorly, establishing himself as our best choice LB of the two, instead of being picked on merit in the first place. Arguably another case of a player's fee and how much Rafa rated him to sign him clouding his selection vision.
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Petar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:23 pm

stmichael wrote:Thought Insua had a really good game the other day.

Really good player. I saw him at the end of the last season. he impressed me. But again Rafael Benitez... buying worst player,oh so tired of him
Petar

Postby eonerf » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:14 am

We never should have sold Riise. Personally I think when he's at his best he is one of the best LBs in the world. If I was Rafa I would have given one last chance this season before even thinking about flogging him off. Hell can we sell Dossena and buy back Riise?
Last edited by eonerf on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
eonerf

Postby we all dream... » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Wayne Bridge in Jan anybody?

Out of favour at the bridge, hes 28, solid defense looks good going forwards... he isnt to far off being as good as cashly.

I am always biased towards English lads tho, id have owen, lennon ,johnson... so maybe not. (NOT BARRY THO unless we sell Alonso NB Rafa, do not sell Alonso)
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:07 pm

Yeh bridge would be good.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:08 am

one of the kids at Portmouth would do good.. Belhadj and Traore.. both top class going forward... not so sure about them defensively though...

Otheres who might be interested and could do a job..mmm.. Chivu (inter) , Grosso (Lyon) , Sylvinho (barcelona),  Bronkhorst (?) , Bridge, Bale ... mmm.. yea thats about it..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 am

we all dream... wrote:Wayne Bridge in Jan anybody?

Out of favour at the bridge, hes 28, solid defense looks good going forwards... he isnt to far off being as good as cashly.

I am always biased towards English lads tho, id have owen, lennon ,johnson... so maybe not. (NOT BARRY THO unless we sell Alonso NB Rafa, do not sell Alonso)

Not a snowball's chance in hell that Chelsea will be selling us anyone in January...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby alxy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:47 am

I thought Insua looked good. And now Fergie has come out and said that even the likes of Gary Neville and Wes Brown would have a tough time dislodging Rafael da Silva from the RB slot. Which makes me wonder, are our academy players that bad? Or just that Rafa has not much faith in them? We have not had 1 good player coming from the ranks since Stevie G..... and that was 10 years ago!
alxy

Postby Madmax » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:19 am

i think that portsmouth player Nadir Belhadj is quite good. I think his on loan from lens. I have seen him a few times and he has impressed me. Especially against A.C milan he was ace. Would like him with us. Better than fat a$$ dossena
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

Not a snowball's chance in hell that Chelsea will be selling us anyone in January...

They might as scolari needs to sell before he can buy , sadly we won't have fund as well  :(
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:14 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

They might as scolari needs to sell before he can buy , sadly we won't have fund as well  :(

They're not going to sell to the team they're chasing for the title though, mate. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:22 pm

eonerf wrote:We never should have sold Riise. Personally I think when he's at his best he is one of the best LBs in the world. If I was Rafa I would have given one last chance this season before even thinking about flogging him off. Hell can we sell Dossena and buy back Riise?

goog shout mate, however i must warn you -you will be slated for this post,the riise bashers will be on to you in a flash! sadly mate he had a bad last season for us,& imho it was only the last season, but his poor form was highlighted as consistantly bad.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:50 pm

skatesy wrote:Arbeloa and Insua

I do not know if anyone noticed or not but Garth Crooks from BBC Football put Insua in his team of the week. And not only was he in the team of the week but he was in the starting 11 of the week. I am glad to see Insua getting some recognition like that.

I wish he started the other day instead of that shyte for an excuse Dossena.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:39 am

redhayesy wrote:
eonerf wrote:We never should have sold Riise. Personally I think when he's at his best he is one of the best LBs in the world. If I was Rafa I would have given one last chance this season before even thinking about flogging him off. Hell can we sell Dossena and buy back Riise?

goog shout mate, however i must warn you -you will be slated for this post,the riise bashers will be on to you in a flash! sadly mate he had a bad last season for us,& imho it was only the last season, but his poor form was highlighted as consistantly bad.

if you think about it, an off form riise is much better then dossena at the moment. but i hope the italian comes good.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Rumors today suggesting Milan are interested in signing Dossena. tbh its a blessing that somehow he is stillin the Italy squad so we should be able to get back around maybe 5.5 - 6Mil back.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion