Liverpool raid seville for fullback barragan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:36 am

http://www.tribalfootball.com/june/englishnews240605.html
Seville youngster Antonio Barragan has accepted an offer to sign pro forms with Liverpool.

The teenage fullback has been baulking at penning his first pro contract at Seville for the past six months and the club's website confirmed today that he has accepted a move to European champs Liverpool.

Liverpool have agreed to pay a compensation fee for Barragan, though he could have signed for nothing thanks to his amateur status.

Barragan is a Spain U18 international and was being groomed by Seville as a potential replacement for the in-demand Sergio Ramos.

Thoughts?
LiverpoolUSA

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:07 am

I bet he's shi*e, and will never play for the first team. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:01 am

Tribal football :laugh:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:01 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:I bet he's shi*e, and will never play for the first team. Hope I'm wrong, though.

you bet hes :censored:, that doesnt explain to much. ???
To save you from stu, next time put these types of topics in the rumors thread.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:08 am

It was confirmed, so I thought it wasn't a rumour. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.
LiverpoolUSA

Postby L-type » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:13 am

LiverpoolUSA wrote:It was confirmed, so I thought it wasn't a rumour. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

if by confirmed you mean posted by triabl football  :laugh:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:16 am

and the club's website confirmed today that he has accepted a move to European champs Liverpool.

That's what made me think it was confirmed. I wouldn't have trusted tribal football alone- it was that the club's website published it.
LiverpoolUSA

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:27 am

it's not on lfc.tv, so tribal football have clearly fabricated that part of the story.

Tribal football is bollox mate.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:11 am

FreeTranslation.com's rough translation of http://www.sevillafc.es/noticias.php?id=3331 :
Antonio Barragán, lateral right of the Division of Honor sevillista, leaves Nervión al to accept an offer from Liverpool.  Barragán, with an amateur contract (without the possibility of retention) has rejected the professional contract that the Seville FC has been offering to the footballer for more than six months, similar to which in his day accepted Diego Capel, in that consistent case in which the kid, still under age, was emancipated of his parents, to avoid that the footballer remained free to end of the season. 

The Seville has done all it had and by having to retain its reserve player, but the certain thing is that since the environment of Barragán never there has been answer to the proposals of the Club nervionense, that in its case did not contemplate the emancipation because has just complied the 18 years.  And the fact is that the young footballer has been negotiating all this time with the Liverpool.  Finally, it has been the English assembly the one that has itself placed in contact with the Seville to report of the agreement reached with the player and to put of its part for negotiate a friendly agreement based on the compensation that should credit in formation rights concept and promotion of the footballer.
LiverpoolUSA

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:13 am

I bet he's shi*e, and will never play for the first team. Hope I'm wrong, thou

You base this on what?

Rafa is keen to buy players for the reserves and give it depth, it wouldn't surprise me if this rumour turned to be true.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:29 am

Looks like it could be true judging on that article from the Sevilla website.

Sorryy for doubting you LiverpoolUSA, seems like he could be on his way.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:35 am

I hope that buying youngsters with potential from your homeland proves more successful for Rafa than it did for Houllier.

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED ANT » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:54 am

woof woof ! wrote:I hope that buying youngsters with potential from your homeland proves more successful for Rafa than it did for Houllier.

:(

Yeah he said Troure was "one of the best centre halves of his generation" then never gave him a game there. :D
RED ANT

Postby babu » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:57 am

this is what i have been hoping for. Rafa signs an unkown, for little cost. That way i don't have any preconceptions and if he turns out to be decent i am extremely happy. :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:13 am

LFC #1 wrote:it's not on lfc.tv, so tribal football have clearly fabricated that part of the story.

Tribal football is bollox mate.

The offical site dont put anything new on there site till at least 8.30 in the morning kidder.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion