The fullback situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:50 pm

one tournament doesnt make lahm a bad player - remember him in the 06 world cup where he was outstanding for germany both going forward and defending. the euros he had a season of injuries before hand
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Insua is no better. The problem is we have :censored: in the first team and even worse :censored: in the reserves. To be honest if we wanted a quality full back then we should have spent a bit. For 8mil you dont often get more than average players anyway. Chelsea spent 16Mil on Boswinga and look how good he is. We dont have the money though so it's no point banding around all these names either. We can only hope that Dossena can get his act together for the rest of the season and then ship him out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Aurelio isnt :censored:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm

No thats true he isnt. But he isnt that good to be considered 1st choice either. We dont have a choice though.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:35 pm

he is decent enough - yeah he isnt in the same league as evra or cashley to say but at the moment he is doing a good job for us - same with arbeloa and both playing their part in where we are at the moment .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:54 pm

I suppose I cant really argue with that given our position in the league. Let's see where we end up. But even if we got to the summer would you be happy with them as 1st choice?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:01 pm

as long as it keeps going the way it is then yeah i am happy - obviously come summer if money is there i would like better but think a right sided reira is needed first
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:02 pm

I wonder if now would be a good time to maybe go for Joaquin? He isnt as high profile as before but im sure he still has the skill needed.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:04 pm

he has pretty much bombed mate - from looking so good at a young age then finally getting his big move every thing has gone wrong for him . used to really rate him but just seems to have lost all that talent he had before
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:06 pm

Joaquin is having a pretty decent season so far, at least every time I have watched him he looks lively and creates or scores a goal.

But I don't know how a "right sided Riera" would work. I think our success could be because Kuyt and Riera are so different.  Kuyt does so much for the team and Rafa appreciates it so much that I think we are better off hoping he just doesn't f*ck up the sitters when it counts in the 2nd half of the league season.
JoeTerp

Postby Scottbot » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:51 pm

Judge wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Hes a bit injury prone.

injury prone! he's Fu*king sh'it

Your kidding aren't you? Excellent player for me. Would be a MASSIVE upgrade on anything we have at the club.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:06 pm

In terms of quality yes definatley. But like I said he is a sicknote these days. Not worth the risk imo.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:38 am

GYBS wrote:Bridge is pretty good - very solid defensively and pretty decent going forward - always rated him and think would be very good for us but can never see chelsea selling him to us .

I have to say Bridge isn't "shit", I rate him higher than cashley who gallops forward with no great effect and looks dodgy at times defensively for such an expensive full-back. For one season and maybe a bit, Arsenal had the better of that 'cash plus player' deal. It looks like Gallas is a bad loser though, not that Chelsea's lack of trophies hasn't coincided with the arrival of cashley...................

But I couldn't see Chelsea selling us Bridge. If Aurelio could tighten up his game defensively then would we be having a discussion on LB?

Suggestions on Lahm I do like as well, one of the players I always look to sign on a footy management game. Also try to get Johnson and Clichy, young enough to improve and have a few years left in them.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:31 am

"The problem with Fabio is that he needs to play week in, week out, and it's not easy because he's had some injuries. We have to control him," said Benitez.

That was take off the offal, Rafa talking about Torres injury goes on to talk about Aurelio.
Doesnt sound like Rafa trusts Dossena does it.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:08 am

Rush Job wrote:"The problem with Fabio is that he needs to play week in, week out, and it's not easy because he's had some injuries. We have to control him," said Benitez.

That was take off the offal, Rafa talking about Torres injury goes on to talk about Aurelio.
Doesnt sound like Rafa trusts Dossena does it.

.....Harsh by Rafa, may have been a fraudian slip but seems like as far as Rafa is concerned Dossena does not exist at liverpool.

Lets hope we can flog him off without losing too much.
DanAn

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion