Liverpool raid seville for fullback barragan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:22 am

heres another link ive found with the sane story.

http://www.koptalk.org/forums....1
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:12 am

Glad that we are going the arsenal way .... (scouting the world {in our case spain - but tats a start} for the best youngsters). Our reserve team sucks...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:21 am

skysports have this one too. I think we can say it's true now.
Could be interesting, second teenager bagged. Hopefully some of these will show the same capability of Arsenal's lot, play them in the CC see how it goes.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:02 pm

barragan is number 2 on this picture here

don't know anything about him but anybody who improves our abysmal reserve side must be a bonus. seems as if we may be going down the arsenal route in the future when it comes to signing young players.

speaking of arsenal, i think that number 8 on the photo will become quite a decent player. :;):
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:16 pm

Wenger is the best I've ever seen for spotting and developing talent. I wouldn't expect Rafa's unknown signing to equal wengers but hopefully a couple of gems will arise.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:42 pm

I think rafa will be able to equal wenger. He is smart, knows how youth teams work, knows Spainish football (which is producing the best youngsters right now), and importantly he is totally obsessed, as are his staff who help him find these players.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:57 pm

XSD wrote:I think rafa will be able to equal wenger. He is smart, knows how youth teams work, knows Spainish football (which is producing the best youngsters right now), and importantly he is totally obsessed, as are his staff who help him find these players.

hes totally obsessed ???, i think this is a great start to the offseason. I wanna say i think we should try for Juanfran, i saw him in the U-20 spanish squad. He looks like a superb up and coming star. He had great footwork and passing. I would like to see rafa go after him.
Last edited by The Canadian Red Army on Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:19 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:I bet he's shi*e, and will never play for the first team. Hope I'm wrong, though.

you bet hes :censored:, that doesnt explain to much. ???
To save you from stu, next time put these types of topics in the rumors thread.

Easy Tiger, this isn't my thread!!!!
I said I bet he's sh*te as I have been left in a suicidal state by Houlliers signing of "unknown" players. I can't help that. I'm a pessimist!!!!!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:22 pm

I don't agree with buying players for the reserves, either. We should buy players with 1st team potential, and nurture them in the reserves, rather than players who aspire to reserve-standard.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:29 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I don't agree with buying players for the reserves, either. We should buy players with 1st team potential, and nurture them in the reserves, rather than players who aspire to reserve-standard.

That's what he's doing. Why the hell does he buy 18 year olds, it's not for the potential they have to be good reserve players.
You buy young players, they play in reserves and CC, and if they show enough you will bring them on as sub in a few prem games and see how it goes.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:37 pm

CRA, Rafa wanted Juanfran during the Owen deal but Madrid threw in Nunez instead. He's one player Rafa has been looking to buy for quite some time
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:19 pm

L-type wrote:
LiverpoolUSA wrote:It was confirmed, so I thought it wasn't a rumour. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

if by confirmed you mean posted by triabl football  :laugh:

omg they were right !!  I guess even a blind elephant will eventually find a peanut.  So in summar they were right and I was wrong  :(

:bowdown tribalfootball  :bowdown
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:13 pm

Just cannot get excited about this type of deal because these kids rarely make their mark. We have had more than our fair share of them in recent times. If the lad makes the move we just live in hope he will be go against the odds and become a regular.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:37 am

A.B. wrote:CRA, Rafa wanted Juanfran during the Owen deal but Madrid threw in Nunez instead. He's one player Rafa has been looking to buy for quite some time

I know that, I was just trying to bring is name out into discussion. I read somewhere that it would cost something like 10 mill euros to buy him. What are your thoughts on Juan Fran AB?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:47 am

I saw the goals he scored for Spain in the Youth Championship but apart from that I haven't seen too much of him so I can't comment on him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion