The draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:01 am

azriahmad wrote:Lyon have midfielders who are good at winning balls from the opposition and then press on to their attackers, capable ones IMHO, especially that guy Goviu (I don't know if I get his name right), who is capable of ripping slow defenders like Hyppia apart and either score himself or create for his colleagues. Based on current form, they are dangerous and unlike typical French teams who have little bite in the middle of the park.

At this stage, there are no easy opponents and the Italians are the ones to avoid as we presently lack creativity to unlock their tight style of play. PSV would seem to be the easiest on paper.

yeh i just saw that on world report, called lyon and liverpool the dark horse teams
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:38 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:10 o clock the draw :upside:  im really nervous hope we dont draw uve for obvious reasons :down:  If theres a god up there we have been so unlucky with alot this season maybe he will give us some luck in the CL draw.

Funny thing is that Baros says he wants to face Juve, and not Chelsea. Seems strange to me. I cannot see Chelsea beating Liverpool again. The law of averages is on our side.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:43 am

Baros wants Juve tie
by Vasek Kadlec -  created on 10 Mar 2005

Baros is hoping Liverpool will be drawn against Juventus in the quarter finals of the UEFA Champions League.
The Czech Republic international was on target during The Reds' 3-1 victory over Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday evening, which secured his team a 6-2 aggregate success.
He is now weighing up Liverpool's potential opponents in the last eight and is keen to avoid Premiership leaders Chelsea and French champions Lyon.
The team Baros most wants to play are Juventus, after the Italian giants knocked Real Madrid out of the competition.
"I don't want Chelsea," affirmed Baros to Idnes, with The Reds having been beaten by The Blues three times, including in the Carling Cup final, this season.
"And then I also don't want Lyon. Even if they are not so famous they are a really dangerous team.
"I would like to play against Juventus."
While Liverpool are in the pot for the quarter final draw, Baros is not getting carried away by the prospect of winning the Champions League.
He added: "We want to do our best in the Champions League but we can't give ourselves objectives such as winning the Champions League.
"There are many great clubs now."
Baros is also anxious for the win at the BayArena to give Liverpool added impetus in their pursuit of city rivals Everton for fourth place in The Premiership.
The striker continued: "If we beat Blackburn and then Everton in the derby match, we will only be two points behind them.
"I hope we will be successful, the win in the BayArena should help us."

I wander if it is because Baros thinks he might play in Italy next year. If so I hope we do play Juve and Baros gets a hatrick (twice), and we sell him for a bundle.
:cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:45 am

Baros's reason to face Juve: To meet Pavel Nedved. No doubt about that.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:05 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:Baros's reason to face Juve: To meet Pavel Nedved. No doubt about that.

Well he will not be giving him sweet passes like in Euro 2004
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:10 am

I think on our day we could beat anyone at home expect AC Milian and Chelsea they are joint favorites in my book, but any toher team would be afraid to come to anfield i we can beat them and if we play like we did against Leverkusan away then they will have something to worry about !!!!!!!!!!
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby wee_boi888 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:32 pm

On our day we could beat anyone. Milan and Chelsea are consistantly good, thats why they are better. The same can be said with the other top teams in Europe. If every team played at the best of their ability, we would get one heck of a match but predicting it will be impossible.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:39 pm

I hope we will meet PSV or Lyon ..... I think we are better than them
LiverpoolMadman

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:27 pm

id take psv, porto or inter or lyon, anyone else and we're in big big trouble
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:44 pm

I wouldn't mind getting Ac milan if were gonna win it we have to beat  the best and i think they are the most balanced side left in it.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:59 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:Baros's reason to face Juve: To meet Pavel Nedved. No doubt about that.

what for?

Dinner for two on the centre circle? with fine wines and classical music!

bad analogy.

Like I said, AC Milan  and Chelsea are the two we want to avoid, we want the big guns drawn against each other.
ie;

Milan V Chelsea
Juve V Inter
PSv V Liverpool
Lyon V the other team i cant think of!

then semis.

Chelsea V Inter

Liverpool V Juve

Final....

Chelsea V Liverpool

Carling cup final 2 !

:D
Iceman69

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:39 am

Anyone nervous ??? draws gona be made in a few hours time :Oo: Are we going to be lucky? Hope we dont get chelsea :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:51 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Anyone nervous ??? draws gona be made in a few hours time :Oo: Are we going to be lucky? Hope we dont get chelsea :angry:

I am afraid for me it is bring on Chelsea. They must surely be out of luck against us this season now, after the non free kick for Joe Mole's goal at teh bridge, Tiago's handball at Anfield and an own goal getting them back in it at Cardiff.

BRING THEM ON.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:57 am

Well we have the whole of Spain behind us too.... whoever we get .. lets stick it to 'em :)

LFC.tv

"Rafael Benitez has revealed that Liverpool's quest for Champions League success now has the full backing of almost everyone in Spain. 
On the eve of the quarter-final draw the Reds boss has spoken exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv and explained why Spanish journalists are adopting Liverpool as their team to follow.

"Following the elimination of Real Madrid and Barcelona we now have a lot of supporters in Spain," says the only Spaniard left in the tournament.

"The press over there have been phoning me all the time following our win in Leverkusen. 'Liverpool are our team now', they tell me.

"To be fair, Real and Barca were up against two very good teams in Juventus and Chelsea. When the draw was made it was always going to be a possibility that they would go out."

Looking ahead to the draw for the last eight, Benitez, who reached this stage with Valencia two years ago only to be eliminated on away goals by Inter Milan, added: "I don't have a real preference as to who we draw.

"A lot of fans are saying they'd like to play PSV or Lyon but every team left is dangerous. Lyon have scored a lot of goals and PSV have worked very hard to get this far.

"We are proud to be among the last eight teams left in the Champions League but we are always looking to improve our level and we must do this whoever we play."
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:17 am

zarababe wrote:Well we have the whole of Spain behind us too.... whoever we get .. lets stick it to 'em :)

LFC.tv

"Rafael Benitez has revealed that Liverpool's quest for Champions League success now has the full backing of almost everyone in Spain. 
On the eve of the quarter-final draw the Reds boss has spoken exclusively to Liverpoolfc.tv and explained why Spanish journalists are adopting Liverpool as their team to follow.

"Following the elimination of Real Madrid and Barcelona we now have a lot of supporters in Spain," says the only Spaniard left in the tournament.

"The press over there have been phoning me all the time following our win in Leverkusen. 'Liverpool are our team now', they tell me.

"To be fair, Real and Barca were up against two very good teams in Juventus and Chelsea. When the draw was made it was always going to be a possibility that they would go out."

Looking ahead to the draw for the last eight, Benitez, who reached this stage with Valencia two years ago only to be eliminated on away goals by Inter Milan, added: "I don't have a real preference as to who we draw.

"A lot of fans are saying they'd like to play PSV or Lyon but every team left is dangerous. Lyon have scored a lot of goals and PSV have worked very hard to get this far.

"We are proud to be among the last eight teams left in the Champions League but we are always looking to improve our level and we must do this whoever we play."

Costa Del Liverpool :D good stuff :cool:
People are sayin they want us to draw PSV but they are a very good well organised team Guus Hidink is there manager, there no walk in the park.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion