FA CUP 4th Rnd Draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:07 am

bigmick wrote:Fair enough, it's the second of two excellent draws and we've obviously got a decent chance of progressing. The mancs getting beat is only good for us, and I think we've got a good chance of going all the way.

Bravo!  :)

As for my take on it, if we don't beat Burnley and Reading, both players and manager deserve a kicking. It's there for the taking, and a potential "tough" draw for the semi is the only obstacle that could potentially stop us from reaching a final. What more motivation is required knowing that? I won't hold my breath until it actually happens.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 am

Excellent! - not bothered about who others drew, let them worry about themselves.
All you can ask for is home draws in this  :D
teamleader1

Postby Zidane » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 am

I think the Mancs going out will brighten things up for the players as well and give us back some of the confidence we had lost, so things are looking great for us at the moment in this competition would have been much better had we won but oh well.
Zidane

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:58 am

I agree that we should get through, it would just have been nice to see Chelsea, City and Villa get tougher games, just to get some of them out.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:44 am

Johnny Boy wrote:I agree that we should get through, it would just have been nice to see Chelsea, City and Villa get tougher games, just to get some of them out.

Didnt they all get pretty easy draws ?

The only sides draw that i thought was quite tough was Arsenals but i still think they will go through there.

We should make the 5th round and then lets hope we get another home draw then no matter who we get we have a real chance.
Once you get the quarters thats were hopefully the big players sense the whiff of a cup and the confidence comes back.
This is the one i want now we are out of the league and the champions league.
Love the FA cup me.

Seeing united go out yesterday made my day and it does give all of the other teams a boost.
Lets make sure we take advantage and get to the new wembley for the first time.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:I agree that we should get through, it would just have been nice to see Chelsea, City and Villa get tougher games, just to get some of them out.

Didnt they all get pretty easy draws ?

The only sides draw that i thought was quite tough was Arsenals but i still think they will go through there.

We should make the 5th round and then lets hope we get another home draw then no matter who we get we have a real chance.
Once you get the quarters thats were hopefully the big players sense the whiff of a cup and the confidence comes back.
This is the one i want now we are out of the league and the champions league.
Love the FA cup me.

Seeing united go out yesterday made my day and it does give all of the other teams a boost.
Lets make sure we take advantage and get to the new wembley for the first time.

yeah they did, which was what I referred to.

It would have been nice to have seen for example Chelsea get City or Villa - just to get rid of one of them.

Villa, City and Chelsea should all get through, as I suspect Arsenal will too though they have a tougher draw.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 am

I am happy with that draw, pretty sure we can overcome Reading and then could face a Burnley side reeling from the loss of their influential manager. This FA Cup football blog reckons some of the magic has gone out of the cup but i have to disagree and would love to see Liverpool make it all the way to Wembley. I think some Premier League teams see the competition as a bit of a nuisance, but i believe it is as important as ever for fans.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby callumlfc93 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 pm

Hi, this is my first post, I am unable to start my own topic as I require 75 posts in order to do so.
I am looking into purchasing tickets for the FA Cup third round replay against Reading at Anfield.
Tickets are available for the Paddock Enclosure, Block PK4. As I have only have sat in the Kop End before,
I was wondering if you could let me know what the atmosphere is like in this section as well as any other details.
Thanks in advance, YNWA.

In relation to the actual subject. I think we have a decent draw. I was hoping for Arsenal at home to be honest, I like to beat the big teams en route - but I think Liverpool V Burnley would be a fantastic game. Firstly, we must concentrate on beating Reading in the replay!
callumlfc93

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Greavesie wrote:I'm happy with that. All the good teams seemed to get favourable draws

Except the mancs! :D

The mancs are the only Premiership side to go out at the 3rd round stage this season bar sides that lost all-Premiership ties ie the only side to lose to lower league opposition - so far. They were very nearly the only Premiership side to lose at home, except Arsenal came from behind against the hammers.

IF we can get past Reading it looks a decent draw, but then didn't we lose to Burnley last time we played them in the FA Cup.........................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion