CL draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Its the Champions League,any team in the last 16 has a chance to progress and lest we forget Barcelona were beaten in last years quarter final by a team we trounced at our yard ,as for the rest, United could be reinvigorated now they've shown Mourinho the door and I definitely wouldn't rule the stuffy ***** out and Atletico also have the pace of Griezmann to accompany the power of Costa.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:59 pm wrote:Its the Champions League,any team in the last 16 has a chance to progress and lest we forget Barcelona were beaten in last years quarter final by a team we trounced at our yard ,as for the rest, United could be reinvigorated now they've shown Mourinho the door and I definitely wouldn't rule the stuffy ***** out and Atletico also have the pace of Griezmann to accompany the power of Costa.

Yes Roma beat them in the Quarters - Roma last year were a superb team that topped a group including Atletico and Chelsea - Lyon have won once in the group stage , just once , Barce haven’t lost in the last 16 in over a decade - only going to be one winner

And you only have to watch Atletico this season to see that pace isn’t their forte this season

You predictions are so far out of left field it’s a struggle to comprehend where the basis for them is
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:03 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:01 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:59 pm wrote:Its the Champions League,any team in the last 16 has a chance to progress and lest we forget Barcelona were beaten in last years quarter final by a team we trounced at our yard ,as for the rest, United could be reinvigorated now they've shown Mourinho the door and I definitely wouldn't rule the stuffy ***** out and Atletico also have the pace of Griezmann to accompany the power of Costa.

Yes Roma beat them in the Quarters - Roma last year were a superb team that topped a group including Atletico and Chelsea - Lyon have won once in the group stage , just once , Barce haven’t lost in the last 16 in over a decade - only going to be one winner

And you only have to watch Atletico this season to see that pace isn’t their forte this season

You predictions are so far out of left field it’s a struggle to comprehend where the basis for them is

'What basis there is for them'  If you're intent on sounding clever or overly confident then its possibly a good idea you put in the groundwork or this could prove a rocky road  :D The footing for my predictions stems from the fact I'm not swayed by reputations or history and in a two legged tie any outcome is indeed plausible ,my powers of augury maybe left field but never run of the mill  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Certainly not run of the mill - I’ll give you that.

My basis is actually looking at each team - how they are getting on this year , their current CL form how they qualified and the game changers they have in their team

And you are right anything is plausible and maybe this is the year all the top teams go out in the first round of the KO to inferior teams - would certainly create a shock
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:10 pm wrote:Certainly not run of the mill - I’ll give you that.

My basis is actually looking at each team - how they are getting on this year , their current CL form how they qualified and the game changers they have in their team

And you are right anything is plausible and maybe this is the year all the top teams go out in the first round of the KO to inferior teams - would certainly create a shock

It is, after all 'Football' we're talking about ,a game that 'without doubt' is the most wonderfully unpredictable of all sports.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:58 am

It is what it is and certainly could have been worse. Return leg at home would have been nice.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:23 pm

No wonder Real Madrid have been basically winning the CL every year, what a laughable decision on the disallowed goal for Ajax. If this is what VAR and technology is brining to the Premier League next season then I'd rather not have it.

Fair play to Tottenham though. No Kane, no Ali, and still made Dortmund look ordinary.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:38 am

damjan193 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:23 pm wrote:No wonder Real Madrid have been basically winning the CL every year, what a laughable decision on the disallowed goal for Ajax. If this is what VAR and technology is brining to the Premier League next season then I'd rather not have it.

Fair play to Tottenham though. No Kane, no Ali, and still made Dortmund look ordinary.

To be fair to Dortmund they were probably missing even more players than Spurs. They had Reus, Paco Alcacer (their top 2 goalscorers this season), Piszczek, Weigl and Akanji all out injured. Still, Kane and Alli are big misses for spurs to and it's a extremely good result for them.

Feel sorry for Ajax, they put in a good performance and denied by VAR. Although even if it was 2-2, think would still have a job on their hands going through what with the second leg being at the Bernabeu.
Doeboy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion