Cl draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:54 pm

Dalglish wrote:The Draw takes you back to that defining moment in LFC's recent History when GH removed Hamann from the field of play after a hour in the Away leg and probabbly cost us the game. The Mancs awaited us in the Semi'snad we were very much theuir bogey side and I would have fancied us to beta them over 2 legs,  but it was not to be , what  sickener that night was.......  :down:

I was trying to forget that one Daglish !  :down:

In Houlliers own words we where "a few games from greatness" and he threw it all away with that ridiculous substitution.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:56 pm

Claimed Hamann was tired ???  I've always tried to be fair in my evaluation of GH but that one puzzled me Leon ???

Still we have probably a better side than we did then (forward line excluded) and Bayer are not as good so with a healthier advantage from the first leg instead of the slender lead we took there last time I think we have an excellent chance of progressing :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:59 pm

I agree, we are a much better balanced outfit now.

Also, Leverkusen have lost many of the star names at their disposal in latter years.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:06 am

I'm not sure whether we have a better side now than then.

Without trying to sound like Stu, when we lost to Leverskusen in 2002 we were probably at the highest level of competitiveness we ever were under Houllier, about 6 months before the slide.

Both sides are weaker now than they were in 2002, and I reckon both sides are reasonably evenly matched, although on paper we might have a slight edge.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:15 am

I have to say I am worried about the press coverage our "easy draw" is brining with it.

What better motivation does a team need than a newspaper clipping of the other teams arrogance and over confidence ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:17 am

I share a lot of Stu's views on GH although I don't perhaps conmmunicate them in the same way :D

i've always maintained that respect should be given to ANY servant of Liverpool FC and my "support" of GH was largekly a reaction to the vitriolic nonsense that is often proliferated on here when he is mentioned ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:18 am

Rick Parry's comments today didn't exactly help. He tried to add a rider to his "its a great draw for us" comments by saying Bayer are a good team, but all he needs to do is be quoted out of context in the German press and we get a hostile reception in the Bay arena.

That said, I'm sure Bayer are saying the same about ius.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby adayinthelife » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:54 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:That said, I'm sure Bayer are saying the same about ius.

Exactly as their representative had a huge grin on his face.

Cannot wait to see us wipe it off and return him into the normal german sourkraut. :laugh:

Did anyone see barca's president Gaspart's face?

He was stunned. :laugh:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:41 am

stmichael wrote:i've just thought. if we can't beat a team with ROQUE JUNIOR at the heart of the defence then we don't deserve to go through. :D

god he was sh!te at Leeds.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:05 am

LFC #1 wrote:
stmichael wrote:i've just thought. if we can't beat a team with ROQUE JUNIOR at the heart of the defence then we don't deserve to go through. :D

god he was sh!te at Leeds.  :D

Gives away alot of penalties too so i hear  :laugh:  and we have to serial divers in Kewell and baros  :D
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:17 am

Barca will batter Chelski scum,(I Hope).

I will cheer them all the way cos i don't care for all this "It's an English team" BS, i hope they get spanked, Iv'e always hated the w*nker$.

Great draw for us tho..... :D  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:51 pm

Don't underestimate Bayer Leverkusen, they have that Brazillian who has the same hairstyle as the great Paolo Roberto Falcao (used to play for AS Roma in the 80s) and can shoot well from a distance. He scored a couple against Real Madrid in Germany. We all know that our 'keepers tend to develop butterfingers at the most inopportune moments.

Having said that, I am glad that we avoided AC Milan because with out present goal shyness, we'd have trouble breaking them down and Andiry Schevchenko has a great scoring record and need only half a chance to score. Goodbye Manure.

If Barca have Deco and Guily back for the Chelsea games and if Eto'o and Ronaldinho continue with their great from, it aould be curtains for Chelsea.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:54 am

mistyred wrote:Barca will batter Chelski scum,(I Hope).

I will cheer them all the way cos i don't care for all this "It's an English team" BS, i hope they get spanked, Iv'e always hated the w*nker$.

Great draw for us tho..... :D  :D

After watching Barcelona tonight i think Chelsea will pick them apart if Chelsea limit Barcelona to say its 1-1 the tie will be Chelsea to lose with them scoring the crucial away goal. Belletti was goin down so easy they had 2 penalties turned down and imo Ronaldinho took a dive to save them it was a soft penalty,Vicente and Angulo was causing them problem on the counter if only Kewell can be just as good as Vicente. But compared to Vincente Kewell is a poor mans Henry.When i see Kewell play he doesn't make me think oh that was a  great run etc with Vicente you know how good he is he get down the wings etc and he is 2 years younger than Kewell.Chelsea have a strong defence and can Barcelona cope with all the injuries they have to fight on both fronts they won't be able to keep up their form when Chelsea come visting. So i belive Chelsea will go through and maybe us can't see Aresnal coping with Ballack and Maakay  :D  just like can't see Keane and Scholes comping with Pirlo and Kaka  :laugh: . So it will be us and Chelsea in the last 8 imo  :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:01 am

great one, the Barca game is still 2 months away, and they are now deprived Deco and Guily. Deco especially is very good at making telling passes and starting dangerous attacks. He may not be as flashy as Ronaldinho but it was quite clear that Porto have really missed him this season.

It all depends on how Chelsea's midfielders can stifle Barca's attacking midfielders and choke the supply line to Eto'o.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:12 am

azriahmad wrote:great one, the Barca game is still 2 months away, and they are now deprived Deco and Guily. Deco especially is very good at making telling passes and starting dangerous attacks. He may not be as flashy as Ronaldinho but it was quite clear that Porto have really missed him this season.

It all depends on how Chelsea's midfielders can stifle Barca's attacking midfielders and choke the supply line to Eto'o.

Yeh i know the game is 2 months away i don't think there any dobut there the best 2 teams in europe atm the moment.But will Chelsea be in red hot form come March competing on all four fronts. Especially since they use john Terry and Frank Lampard in the Carling cup aswell and them too are there most important players it would be intresting to know how they would cope without them. With the like of Aresnal and Man u hot on there tail in the Premier league  how will they cope when the have a dip off form,but i think Chelsea will beat them Barcelona are missing key players to medial ligameant damge some of them injuries are bad luck and the rest is just plain clumsy. How will Barcelona cope without  Ronaldinho cus he is playing through injury his got an injury on both ankles but i belive they will crumble without him,they need guily back cus i belive Eto'o will burn out soon  :)
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion