The draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:15 am

mingepad wrote:i hope we dont get juve, what with it being 20 years since we killed their fans

dapioneer warning
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:16 am

what did dapioneer say thats everyone hates him?
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:33 am

its a long story but it re-emerged the other night...to put simply the scumbag is a disgusting piece of human trash,who trawls internet forums to stir trouble and is known to trawl e-bay to also create trouble.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:26 am

mingepad wrote:i hope we dont get juve, what with it being 20 years since we killed their fans

Dapioneer couldn't resist that one could he ........ It's a good job the lad's not very bright or we might have been fooled there that he is a LFC fan and not a bitter Blue  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:29 am

For the record and to get the thread back on track i hope we draw either PSV or Chelsea :D

PSV cos it's easy to get to and Chelsea cos we owe them and have nothing to fear.

Any of the others and i think it might be a game too far for LFC but who am i to doubt the mighty reds after this weeks performance :)

Walk on ....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:38 am

dalglish what about lyon?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:55 am

Lyon have midfielders who are good at winning balls from the opposition and then press on to their attackers, capable ones IMHO, especially that guy Goviu (I don't know if I get his name right), who is capable of ripping slow defenders like Hyppia apart and either score himself or create for his colleagues. Based on current form, they are dangerous and unlike typical French teams who have little bite in the middle of the park.

At this stage, there are no easy opponents and the Italians are the ones to avoid as we presently lack creativity to unlock their tight style of play. PSV would seem to be the easiest on paper.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:17 am

I would prefer Porto to beat Inter, so there is one less Italian team in the quarters. (I find the Italians are very strong this season.) But it'll be hard for Porto to actually think Inter would give them the quarter berth.

Than we draw either Porto or PSV. I prefer Porto as I feel they are the easier team to beat. Porto went so far because I felt Chelsea let them have it at the expense of Mourinho.

PSV on the other hand is under-rated. They beat a Monaco side convincingly. They went through a good group phase. Though we too have the team that can beat them.

I don't even mind Chelsea! This would give us another chance to beat them again. I would love to have any chance to grab a victory against Chelsea.

But for the interest of the club.... Porto(if Inter gets knocked out) or PSV is better!
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:04 am

10 o clock the draw :upside:  im really nervous hope we dont draw uve for obvious reasons :down:  If theres a god up there we have been so unlucky with alot this season maybe he will give us some luck in the CL draw.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:57 am

porto or PSV would do,

but we'll have to face the big boys sooner or later if we want to win the competition.  No point worrying about the draw
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:02 pm

Why is the inter v porto game not on until next week?

Why do people want Chelsea? they beat us 3 times already this season because they are a better team.

psv would do nice.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:16 pm

Big Nial, I read somewhere that UEFA has a funny rule that a CL tie could not be played at the same venue in the same week.

Inter and AC Milan both played away in the first leg, and home in the second leg and as they share the San Siro, they are not allowed to host their home games in the same week. Quite silly then, to let both these Milan teams to play away in the same leg and become the host in the second leg. But then, UEFA has been known to be rather silly anyway.

Sometime back, Lenart Johansson, the then UEFA President (I don't know if he is still the President), wanted to challenge Sepp Blatter for the FIFA Presidency. He was trying to court the Asian and African delegates to vote for him as at that time the Africans and the Asians did not like Havalange who was the outgoing FIFA President who endorsed Baltter to take over from him. This silly Johansson made a racist remark upon entering a room full of Asian and African delegates (maybe he didn't realise that they were the very people he needed votes from) and called them "blackies". Needless to say, Blatter received such a handsome nomination that Johansson pulled out of the race. With this kind of leadership, it is no wonder at all if UEFA were full of silly people...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:20 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:This is what I want, I presume Inter will go throught than Porto

Liverpool v Eindhoven
Chelsea v Inter Milan
Juventus v AC Milan
Lyon v Bayern

Agree totally.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:22 pm

john craig wrote:porto or PSV would do,

but we'll have to face the big boys sooner or later if we want to win the competition.  No point worrying about the draw

If we got psv then inter in semis I think we could do that. Inter are bloody good but we could squeak it if we don't conceed too many at the San Siro.
Then the final, one game, anything could happen :D
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Iceman69 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:45 am

Most of you want Porto or PSv...you cowards!

Lets get Ac milan and kick their behinds!

If you wanna be the best , you have to beat the best!

having said that, we dont have the strongest squad, but Other than Milan, or maybe Chelsea too. I fancy us Versus any of the remaining teams.

As long as we win at home and keep the back door shut away.
Iceman69

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion