CL draw

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:35 pm

devaney » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:24 pm wrote:Klopp will enjoy the challenge against his old enemy

:nod    My thoughts exactly Dev, Jurgen will deffo relish this one !

As others have pointed out although they're not mugs and still have to be respected Bayern are not the force they were .

They must be cacking themselves at the prospect of facing this Liverpool team under Kloppo

Wouldn't surprise me if we beat them both home and away  :buttrock

Elsewhere I expect the Scum to get absolutely slaughted against PSG, luv it   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Schalke v Manchester City - Should be easy for City

Atletico Madrid v Juventus - 0-0 low scoring affair, probably Juventus

Manchester United v Paris St-Germain - Maureen’s next team will win (we’ll miss you  :down: )

Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund - Looks like a good match-up with Dortmund going through

Lyon v Barcelona - Easy for Barcelona

Roma v Porto - I’d say Porto

Ajax v Real Madrid - I hope Ajax doesn’t beat them as I want those dirty cun.ts next.

Liverpool v Bayern Munich - Liverpool to blitz them at Anfield then a professional 0-0 at  theirs
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:13 pm

kazza » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:45 pm wrote:Schalke v Manchester City - Should be easy for City

Atletico Madrid v Juventus - 0-0 low scoring affair, probably Juventus

Manchester United v Paris St-Germain - Maureen’s next team will win (we’ll miss you  :down: )

Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund - Looks like a good match-up with Dortmund going through

Lyon v Barcelona - Easy for Barcelona

Roma v Porto - I’d say Porto

Ajax v Real Madrid - I hope Ajax doesn’t beat them as I want those dirty cun.ts next.

Liverpool v Bayern Munich - Liverpool to blitz them at Anfield then a professional 0-0 at  theirs

Agree with most of your picks Kaz but my last eight would be

Man City , too strong for Schalke
Juventus,  draw away v Atletico win at home maybe ?
PSG, expexct them to thoroughly embarrass Mourinho and his scum in both legs
Dortmund, think they'll "contain" Spurs away and beat them at home
Barca, over two legs Barca "should take this one
Roma, no mugs, will have too much for Porto, especially in Rome
Ajax ! , gotta a sneaky feeling there could be a major upset in this one
Liverpool, 3-1 at home, 2-1 away   :nod

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Some interesting draws in quite happy with Bayern draw. I'd rather draw them then Dortmund atm.

Spurs vs Dortmund will be a thriller.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:20 pm

I wanted Porto obviously but Bayern were the 2nd weakest team of the group winners so I'm delighted with the draw.

They are a aging team with the young players coming through who are not up to scratch yet.. they are struggling in the league aswell. The only worry for me is VVD being out of the game at Anfield.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Schalke v Manchester City - City to coast this with two wins

Atletico Madrid v Juventus ,Atletico to scrape through 

Manchester United v Paris St-Germain ,United are stuffy enough to win at Old Trafford and slip through with a draw at their place.

Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund ,Dortmund were the team I was most fearful of drawing ,Spudz have the toughest tie of all the English teams

Lyon v Barcelona ,shock on the cards here ,with Lyon advancing 

Roma v Porto ,Roma too strong for Porto

Ajax v Real Madrid ,Ajax are an exciting young team with a veritable whose who of the most coveted young players in world football.

Liverpool v Bayern Munich ,Munich will struggle with the energy and pace of our forward line and we could seriously run all over them.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:22 pm

So you think - Juve , PSG , Real and Barce are going out :laugh:
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:47 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm wrote:So you think - Juve , PSG , Real and Barce are going out :laugh:

I said Ajax are a good young side ,feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I said nothing about them advancing ,do you find reading particularly difficult ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:30 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:47 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 pm wrote:So you think - Juve , PSG , Real and Barce are going out :laugh:

I said Ajax are a good young side ,feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I said nothing about them advancing ,do you find reading particularly difficult ?

Apologies - so just PSG Barce and Juve going out then :laugh:

Barcelona, PSG and Real are going to stroll through their games - Juve will be tight but enough quality to get past Atletico - City will stroll through , Dortmund will just have enough to get past Spurs , Roma and Porto could go either way -

And we have the big one - think will get enough at home then be solid away to get through

My 8 going through would be

PSG
Juve
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Porto
City
Dortmund
Liverpool
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:35 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:30 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:47 am wrote:

Apologies - so just PSG Barce and Juve going out then :laugh:

Barcelona, PSG and Real are going to stroll through their games - Juve will be tight but enough quality to get past Atletico - City will stroll through , Dortmund will just have enough to get past Spurs , Roma and Porto could go either way -

And we have the big one - think will get enough at home then be solid away to get through

My 8 going through would be

Juve
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Porto
City
Dortmund
Liverpool

Once again just to reiterate ,doe's your express need to dismiss anyone's opinion that doesn't necessarily concur with your own ,override the basic common sense needed to formulate an intelligent response ?  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:43 am

When It’s close to be laughable then yep I’ll dismiss it as such , for me the suggestions that teams like PSG and Barce are going to lose in the first round KO to inferior teams shows a lack of knowledge of the teams and the competition itself.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:01 am

I know you love questions ,so,Just for you. 

No.1 Why is it any less plausible that a team built on a solid defensive shape and rapid attack like Atletico could not get the upper hand on Juventus ?

No.2 Why couldn't a United team that have been ***** poor all season ,but strangely methodical in Europe beat the most overrated team in world football ?

No.3 Is it too much of a stretch for you to see a Barcelona team that have failed to progress past the quarters for the past two years being casualties again at the expense of one of arguably the most exciting teams in the competition ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:14 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:01 am wrote:I know you love questions ,so,Just for you. 

No.1 Why is it any less plausible that a team built on a solid defensive shape and rapid attack like Atletico could not get the upper hand on Juventus ?

Atletico do have a very good team - with Costa their attack is a little less rapid this season , a lot more direct which plays into the hand of some of the best CB In European football - Juve midfield and attacking line up far too strong for Atletico - it’s going to be a good tight game but Juve have far too much

No.2 Why couldn't a United team that have been ***** poor all season ,but strangely methodical in Europe beat the most overrated team in world football ?
PSG have one of the best players in World Football in Mbappe , when you add in Neymar and Cavani with Verratti behind - they are going to smash a Manc side that struggle to beat Burnley

No.3 Is it too much of a stretch for you to see a Barcelona team that have failed to progress past the quarters for the past two years being casualties again at the expense of one of arguably the most exciting teams in the competition ?

Lyon one of the most exciting teams ? They just about scraped into the KO stages and won once. Barcelona I can’t remember the last time they failed to reach the Quarters and they aren’t going to lose to a team currently 13 points behind the team you call the most overrated in European Football ?!

So whilst Juve will find it tough - Barce and PSG will walk into the quarters
Last edited by Lallana in Pyjamas on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:31 am

Barca, PSG and City are almost certainly going to go through. I wouldn't write Ajax off though. Real are favorites but I think Ajax will go through.

Juventus, Dortmund and ourselves are slight favorites in their games but it's going to be a a tough task for all 3 and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these 3 go out.

Porto and Roma is impossible to call.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:41 am

Well with the sacking it will be interesting to see how ManU fare now
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion