The difference - Why houlier's cr#p

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby big al » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:46 am

I watch the Man U v Wolves today and was delighted to see Wolves win.  Whilst watching the game I started to look at the Man U players in more detail and suddenly realised the change in the team that beat Bayern Munich.  There were only three players on the pitch who were in the squad that year.  Not one of them actually played in the final.  Scholes, Keane and Neville were the remaining three.  It dawned on me that the team that was reigning Champions who are top of the premiership have signed all these players in the last three years infact most in the last two.  Alex Ferguson has build a  team capable of winning the championship in less that two years.  Houlier wanted 5 he got 5 now he wants 6 NO!

What does this all mean? well either fergie is a bloody genuis or Houlier with all the money given to him is abloody joke.

I believe Houlier is a bloody joke and for all you who disagree prove the above statement wrong.  Go on Houlier loyalists prove it wrong!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:48 am

Houllier said today it might take another year or 2,3 or even 4..whatever it takes he said.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:11 pm

Liverpool has given Houllier enough time and more than enough money yet we seem to get worse. We have a large squad of players but most of them are cr@p that we then to be overly reliant on a few to carry the whole team - championship material or nearly there? I beg to differ.
Tactics and player purchasing and following that, player utilisation has been utterly poor resulting in regression in recent seasons as Liverpool became very rigid with no options apart from the main plan despite having some quality players.
Yesterday, post match, Gerry Armstrong gave a remark that "it was surprising that Houllier did not play the Hyppia-Henchoz axis from the very beginning and if it were the case, the two goals by Spurs may have not been conceded."
I tend to agree with this and it points to only oen source - the man in charge!
No more 2,3 or whatever years it may take, he is clearly lost at sea and does not have a clue what to do. Get rid of him regardless of the much-coveted but mediocre target of a 4th place finish at the end of the season.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ParkLaneYiddo » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:17 pm

Houllier can stay as long as he likes in my opinion, he's turned u lot into a right ordinary team, especially when u lose Owen, but dont u like to appoint from within, careful what u wish 4 u might get Phil Thompson. lol :D  :D
ParkLaneYiddo

Postby kopper » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:37 pm

I think Houlliers buying skills are not at fault here, rather the fact that he plays everybody in their wrong positions....Look at how well we performed with PT in charge. eg.

Playing Diouf as a winger instead of up front. I await to see how he performs in African Nations Cup, I have a feeling he will shine if played upfront, hopefully Houllier hasn't taken out the'Serial Killer' instinct he once possessed.

Pongolle and Le Tallec will be great for the club. Who needs Ronaldo
Baros was beginning to show what he is capable of before he got injurred, and it looked promising.

Houlliers buying skills is rather good in my opinion and if Houlliers tactical skills improve and he stops F#$ing around with everyboys positions, we only need 1 year. Oh......and we need to stop playing Heskey up front. Bring on Pongolle!!!!
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby columbia » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:43 pm

i agree the positions he plays the players is the problem, but weve been saying this for ages. He just doesnt even consider the fact that the criticism he gets for the positions he plays his players in is justified.

Yesterday proves were better when everyones in there right position. Risse came on at left back and finnan came on at right back henchoz moved into the middle and we looked so much better, and i believe if that back line had started we'd have won the game.

Thats a bigger reason for us not winning the game then not getting the penalty and he should realise this.
columbia

Postby kopper » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:20 pm

yes i agree columbia, Houllier is always blaming poor results on something else other than himself. Houllier needs to be like Shanks and listen to what the fans are saying. Afterall the fans are what its all about. I'd be more than happy to give Houllier more time with the club, provided he starts realising his faults.
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Dom1 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:05 pm

HE JUST CANT ADMIT HE IS WRONG, AND HE NEVER WILL!!

THATS JUST THE WAY HE IS.....IN MY EYES IT IS TIME FOR HIM TO STEP DOWN? WHAT U THINK?

DOM1 :;):
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby kopper » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:12 pm

I must admit maybe you are right and it is time for him to step down but I would be sad to see him go, like I said , I believe that he is building a great team....just not managing it correctly. If it would require someine else to do this than so be it.
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Dom1 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:47 pm

yeah i agree wid u there mate, no doubt he is a great manager and a few years back he was the man for the job but he has just fizzled out. he doesnt make the right decisions anymore and liverpool are getting beat by p*ss poor or average teams and that isnt there way.

without a doubt it is time to move on and get a new manager to sort out the team!!
and it needs to happen as soon as possible!!

Dom1 :)

p.s. do us a favour mate and make a vote in general chat about what Gaz31 has said about me!! and say u strongly disagree about me and the crew not knowing feck all about footy.

TA MATE!! :D
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby lcyleon2307 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:21 pm

I think quite an amount of Liverpool fans had lost their patients on the current team form and performance.Actually what is the h*ll is going on with the entire team? We have some quality players, potential young lads, experienced players, and yet a large squad. But what else we can see other than disappointment?
Treble winning moment is past, the management have to look forward for more achievements and improvement to prove that Liverpool FC is back to challenge the EPL and the highest competition level Champion League!!! But not a Worthington Cup to satisfied every KOP fans.
lcyleon2307

Postby big al » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:02 pm

I've said it before so I'll say it again Houlier has taken Liverpool as far as he can the next step requires a much better manager than him.  Its not attacking Liverpool my only regret is that I am having to sit here slagging him off in the first place but I believe pressure on him to go is best for the club.  Individual personalities should never come into it.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby THEBARON » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:45 pm

Some of the earlier posts have suggested that Houllier's buying record is good and that the problem is playing certain players out of position !
Sorry but I cannot accept that....
Ferri , Song , Smicer , Heskey , Barmby , Ziege , Vignal , Biscan , Xavier , Diao , Diouf and Cheyrou have all had their chances in their preferred positions ( some admittably more than others ) and how many have been worth the money ? Passing up the chance to buy Anelka was hardly evidence of a genius in the transfer market.
THEBARON

Postby coops » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:58 pm

Dom1 wrote:yeah i agree wid u there mate, no doubt he is a great manager

I totally disagree. How can you possibly say he is a 'great' manager? He is a million miles away from being such.

Paisley, Ferguson, Shanks - great managers.

GH is not in the same league.
coops

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:10 pm

Dom1 wrote:p.s. do us a favour mate and make a vote in general chat about what Gaz31 has said about me!! and say u strongly disagree about me and the crew not knowing feck all about footy.

TA MATE!! :D

You and Beavis can certainly discuss football with a fair amount of knowledge
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion