THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:00 am

baryonat wrote:
There will be no negotiation for the price.

i'll give you a tin of garden peas (out of date) for 3 of the tickets if you please?
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 03, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu May 03, 2007 12:05 am

baryonat wrote:
There will be no negotiation for the price.
[/EMAIL] .

sorry mate i'm getting mine off leon - seats have a sea view, seven course haute cuisine dinner, free booze and i even get to go in goal for one of the penalties oif it goes that far again. all for 599 euros! sorry mate but yours are too expensive  :rasp
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 03, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 03, 2007 12:15 am

Where do you begin to put the events of the last 24 hours into some semblance of order ? From the euphoria of again winning through on penalties to reach our 7th European Cup Final to then realise with a certain amount of dread that we could potentially be playing our arch rivals in a foreign capital city with 80K + fans mingling together who aren't exactly on each others Christmas Card list ! 

It would have been an unpoliceable fixture IMO and I had deep reservations about going. For those who don't actually attend football games these days you may have fallen for the "product" that SKY and the Premier League have manufactured but all the stuffed animal mascots, hyped up PA Announcers, manic commentators and face painted kids watching football these days doesn't hide the fact that there are some pretty messed up people still intent on hurting the opposition fans (and by that I don't mean signing a big centre forward) ! 

I was actually more nervous tonight about the Milan/United game than I was last night stood on the KOP !  Alas I worried for nothing, worry is such a wasted emotion !   

Milan now await and a cautionary tale for Milan might be that thoughts of revenge from 2005 doesn't help you perform on the night, just ask Chelsea 

Talking of Chelsea I think Rick Parry (Chief Executive at LFC ) summed it up adequately when he subliminally reacted to Maureen's taunts that we are a "Small Club" and a "Cup Side" by congratulating CFC on the return their £500 million pounds investment has returned this season, namely the Carling Cup !   Mourinho doesn't seem to have realised that he is becoming a caricature of himself and naively allows himself to be drawn in by the hacks that purport to be journalists. They light his touch-paper, stand back and watch him go off with his incomprehensible rambles.

Last night was as good as I've ever experienced on the KOP but to be honest it was rocking all over the stadium. Even the "Waldorf and Stadler" characters that tend to congregate in the Centenary stand were up for it last night and the sight of 40,000 Scousers going divvy twirling their scarves had to be seen and heard to be believed. 

The game itself was high on emotion and atmosphere but low on quality with few chances created although of them, Liverpool created the most and deserved to go through. Kuyt's "Offside" goal seemed harsh at the time especially as me, my mate Mark and his 12 year old daughter Emily were going mental for a full minute before noticing the assistants flag.   I broke my golden rule when it comes to my "routine" when we score as I always first look at the linesman , then the Ref  to see if their running back to the halfway line then the players before going divvy and temporarily losing all rationale ! Lets just content ourselves that it didn't happen to Chelsea as we would still be hearing about it in 10 years time !!!!   

A word about the enigmatic Rafa Benitez. It's rather ironic that in an all seater stadium he was the only person seated when the penalties were being taken. The man is gaining "Shankley-esque" status on Merseyside and that in itself is the highest honour he could be granted.

So Athens awaits for Milan and Liverpool in a repeat of the 2005 final. I believe Milan have 6 European Cups so in the interest of parity I think it would only be fair to allow Liverpool their 6 as well to redress the imbalance but something tells me Milan aren't likely to be so gregarious ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ibrahimovic8 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:40 am

hi men!

i'm an italian inter milan fan,

please..destroy ac milan

i want 3 goals by my liverpool idol, DIRK KUYT

c'mon reds!
greetings from italy!
ibrahimovic8

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2007 12:43 am

gerrard vs kaka...titanic battle! go on gerrard! you need to raise your game!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 03, 2007 12:46 am

if the game goes into penalties again i'd like to see if how milan cope with it given what happened in 2005. i have a feeling they'll be practicing alot of penalties!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu May 03, 2007 12:57 am

I think the differnce between us and Man Utd is the way the managers set up their team. AF will always set up his team to beat the opposition wheras Rafa will set up his team to cancel out the threat from the opposition and then score on the break.  Milan are the favourits, but Rafa will set his team up not to get beat, knowing we have the quality to go out and score.

Tactics have to be right have to be right and with Rafa at the healm, you know Liverpools tactics WILL be right on the night.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby tithead » Thu May 03, 2007 1:02 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think the differnce between us and Man Utd is the way the managers set up their team. AF will always set up his team to beat the opposition wheras Rafa will set up his team to cancel out the threat from the opposition and then score on the break.  Milan are the favourits, but Rafa will set his team up not to get beat, knowing we have the quality to go out and score.

Tactics have to be right have to be right and with Rafa at the healm, you know Liverpools tactics WILL be right on the night.

I agree with this.

I think it will be far tighter than 2005.

Both teams have improved since then, maybe not Milan's forwards but definitely the midfield ,whereas Liverpool are stronger in every position.

100th post here btw. I think I deserve legend status.
tithead

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 03, 2007 1:06 am

It's going to be a very tough game. I'm sure AC Milan will be out for "revenge".

It's going to be a good one though. If we win then great, if not, then at least Man Utd and Chavski won't either.

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Thu May 03, 2007 1:12 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:It's going to be a very tough game. I'm sure AC Milan will be out for "revenge".

It's going to be a good one though. If we win then great, if not, then at least Man Utd and Chavski won't either.

:laugh:

Couldnt have put it better myself!  :laugh:
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 03, 2007 1:38 am

According to Manhattan's sources in Milan, during the Champions League semi final match, Manchester United picked up a yellow card last night and will miss the final.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu May 03, 2007 1:51 am

Haahhahahah bye bye Manchester United, bye bye quadruple. excellent.

Bring on Milan !!!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 03, 2007 2:04 am

Jose Strategy

2008: Quintuple - Prem, CL, Community Shield, FA Cup, Carling

2009: Sextuple - Prem, CL, Community Shield, FA Cup, Carling, and Super Cup.

2010: Septuple - Prem, CL, Community Shield, FA Cup, Carling, Super Cup, and Youth Cup.

2011: Octuple - Prem, CL, Community Shield, FA Cup, Carling, Super Cup, Youth Cup, and Masters Cup.

2012: Nonuple -  Prem, CL, Community Shield, FA Cup, Carling, Super Cup, Youth Cup, Masters Cup and "Goal Of The Season" award from "MOTD"

2013: Decuple - Prem, CL, Community Shield, FA Cup, Carling, Super Cup, Youth Cup, Masters Cup, "Goal Of The Season" award from "MOTD" and "Daddy Of The Year" mug from his kids.

The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu May 03, 2007 2:20 am

Milan has another key player besides Kaka, their "deep laying playmaker" who sits in the role akin to a defensive midfielder but often begins their forward movements - Pirlo. He hardly does tackle anyone and this is a key point to upset his game, shackle him and rattle him and deny any time and space he may have to start moves to the irrepressible Kaka and we will be in with a mighty shout.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Thu May 03, 2007 2:54 am

I had mentioned before history will repeat itself. So, I was mentioning I wouldn't surprise if we play AC Milan again because history will repeat itself as we will win again for the sixth time! Go Red GO!
akumaface
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion