THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redtrader74 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:41 pm

The reason i believe the cup is ours is the midfield. It is better defensively than manure and is far more competitive, that will mean no space and time for Kaka and Pirlo. Seedorf very slow, Inzhagi will be in carras pocket.
I'm sure that we will create in the 90 enough to score, this defence is not as good as Chelski and will tire. They were knackered tonight and the :censored: didn't even play high tempo.

The class of shevchenko and crespo (at their peak) not there anymore.

The one incalculable is the desire for revenge, that is the danger for us, but it's up to carra and stevie to make sure the boys want it more.

If we play at a high tempo they will crack and will feel the heat. (i hope we start training for the heat now).

This final does the competition justice Liverpool and Milan are the aristrocracy of european football. Come On lads we are better than 2005 and they are worse!
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Wed May 02, 2007 10:42 pm

the main thing is, i dont mind losing to milan in the final......

but we can do em, they still have nightmares over Istanbul!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed May 02, 2007 10:43 pm

Yes, yes and yes! :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Forever_Red » Wed May 02, 2007 10:53 pm

Oh yes! time to do them again!

Personally, I'm not bothered whether it was milan or the mances we can beat them both but roll on Athens and bring home number 6!
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Alberto25 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:04 pm

hello everybody... first of all, I'm sorry for my english... not good!

I'm a FC Internazionale Milano big fan ,very happy for our 15th scudetto... but tonite I'm a little sad cause AC Milan reached the final...

so, I hope Liverpool will win again, like 2 years ago in Istanbul (25 maggio 2005, my birthday!!!)

... I love Steven Gerrard ...
Alberto25

Postby Woollyback » Wed May 02, 2007 11:10 pm

Alberto25 wrote:hello everybody... first of all, I'm sorry for my english... not good!

I'm a FC Internazionale Milano big fan ,very happy for our 15th scudetto... but tonite I'm a little sad cause AC Milan reached the final...

so, I hope Liverpool will win again, like 2 years ago in Istanbul (25 maggio 2005, my birthday!!!)

... I love Steven Gerrard ...

cheers alberto :buttrock

and congratulations on your scudetto :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DeisePaddy » Wed May 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Perfect week so far. only Irish fans might understand all of this. Sunday Waterford Win NHL (adopted county) for the first time in 44 years. Meath (Home County) win NFL Div 2.
Liverpool
Monday My replacement passport finally arrives for holidays
Tuesday. Liverpool going to Athens, Maureen looks like he is f----d
Wednesday. United out, Ferguson probably might be made to retire

Think i'll spend rest of week in bed...:)
DeisePaddy

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed May 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Milan are an excellent team. But i am so pleased we are playing them rather than Utd. I think we will win but our defence will have to be top notch. Hopefully Gerrard and Carragher will have big games. They have won it in the past so they should be relitivley relaxed and be able to play to their best ability. Milan are out for revenge and that could end up being their downfall. We have to be smarter than them. Their manager has already come out and said "Man U are a better team than Liverpool" and thats the way we like it. Man U were nothing like full strength tonight they haven't been for a while now and i think we would have beaten them but don't tell him that. He can find out again on May 23rd. :cool:
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:22 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:Milan are an excellent team. But i am so pleased we are playing them rather than Utd. I think we will win but our defence will have to be top notch. Hopefully Gerrard and Carragher will have big games. hey have won it in the past so they should be relitivley relaxed and be able to play to their best ability. Milan are out for revenge and that could end up being their downfall. We have to be smarter than them. Their manager has already come out and said he "Man U are a better team than Liverpool" and thats the way we like it. Man U were nothing like full strength tonight and i think we would have beaten them but don't tell him that. He can find out again on May 23rd. :cool:

Manure not that weak tonight, missing ferdinand and neville only, all teams have an injury or two.

They were not good enough, and their manager was not tactically aware(imho), they just rely on fast pace and try to overwhelm teams, this works with weak, low skilled teams more.

Liverpool better equipped to beat milan, Rafa will cover all bases.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed May 02, 2007 11:24 pm

To be honest I reckon it's a coin toss - 3-5-2 for both sides - Sissoko and Alonso play to sort out Kaka, and Gattuso and Pirlo deal with SG, then it becomes how the other 9 players on each side cope.  I reckon we have the edge... just.  Was at Anfield last night, Annie road end, totally lost my voice!!!
Red Red Tom

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 pm

Just been having a look around on t'internet and Milan will still be in league action all the way upto the final and they still aren't mathematiclly safe for champions league qualification. A small point I know but they may not be as rested as our lads will be. On the other side of the coin we'll have had a couple of weeks break and may will have to guard against getting rusty (I doubt the management would let that happen). I'm already getting excited but come 22nd/23rd I'll be nervous as hell.

I'm just so glad it's not the mancs. I never doubted our ability to beat them but like everyone else I just couldn't live with the thought of getting beaten by them in this final. Milan on the other hand although it would be extremely disappointing we won't have their fans mouthing off at every opportunity about it if they did win.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:Milan are an excellent team. But i am so pleased we are playing them rather than Utd. I think we will win but our defence will have to be top notch. Hopefully Gerrard and Carragher will have big games. hey have won it in the past so they should be relitivley relaxed and be able to play to their best ability. Milan are out for revenge and that could end up being their downfall. We have to be smarter than them. Their manager has already come out and said he "Man U are a better team than Liverpool" and thats the way we like it. Man U were nothing like full strength tonight and i think we would have beaten them but don't tell him that. He can find out again on May 23rd. :cool:

Manure not that weak tonight, missing ferdinand and neville only, all teams have an injury or two.

They were not good enough, and their manager was not tactically aware(imho), they just rely on fast pace and try to overwhelm teams, this works with weak, low skilled teams more.

Well i just think their defence has been struggling for a good couple of weeks now but its been their midfield and forwards who get them out of the sh*t by out scoring the opposition. I think if we played them this weekend home or away we would beat them by a couple.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:36 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:

Well i just think their defence has been struggling for a good couple of weeks now but its been their midfield and forwards who get them out of the sh*t by out scoring the opposition. I think if we played them this weekend home or away we would beat them by a couple.

Nah we wouldn't. We'll be resting too many players for the champions leaugue final unlike them.  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed May 02, 2007 11:40 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:

Nah we wouldn't. We'll be resting too many players for the champions leaugue final unlike them.  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

oh i'm gonna have fun at work tomorrow :D   i can see it now - about 500 times i'm gonna be saying "oh well, never mind"......

before breaking down in uncontrollable fits of laughter  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby baryonat » Wed May 02, 2007 11:59 pm

Stout
Last edited by Sabre on Thu May 03, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
baryonat

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion