THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Festy » Wed May 02, 2007 10:04 pm

Put Mascerano and Sissoko against Gattuso and let all 3 of them fight in Athens. :D :p
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:04 pm

gattuso was an absolute demon tonight. was laughing my head of when he called scholes a :censored:! :D
in fact the whole midfield quartet were awesome tonight, whatever midfield we do play they need to be on top of there game.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Wed May 02, 2007 10:05 pm

l
                                            l
                                            l
                                            l
                                            l
                                       \    l    /
                                         \  l  /
                                           \ /

:D
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Bad Bob wrote:This has set up so nicely.  Control Kaka and we're in with a shout!  God to win it for us! :buttrock

exactly what i was thinking about before i looked at this site. Right now, I'd start the same 11 that started against chelsea with maybe kewell coming in on the left depending on how the next two games pan out for him (although zenden played very well at anfield). So keeping gerrard in the middle and pennant on the right.

BUT, because Kaka is SO dangerous, so influencial, and milan have really built the team around him, we could well start with alonso and masherano in the middle, gerrard on the right, and kewell/riise/zenden on the left with mash given specific instruction to stay on kaka all night, follow him. \folllow him everywhere he goes, our half, their half, our box and theirs, just to try and nullify his presence and take him out of the game. Then, even when we have the ball and he stays with him, we still have Xabi picking out the passes with gerrard and Zenden/kewell midfield outlets.

I know a lot of this is far too early, but i'm just excited..... so what the he.ll   :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed May 02, 2007 10:12 pm

It's on. It's so f*cking on! :D

We'll need to do more than just hoof the ball upfield, that's for sure. Milan can play.

Cannot wait. This is brilliant.
ivor_the_injun

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 pm

Milan don't seem to have the same options going forward that they did two years ago i.e. Shevchenko & Crespo but they do still have some very dangerous players. The difference this time around is that the majority of their squad have aged (not in a positive way) and we've got the experience of the biggest final in club football through the spine of the team that hopefully won't get caught with their pants down like in Istanbul. :p

It sounds simple but if we can stifle(sp?) Kaka then we'll have nullified their most dangerous threat.

6 of the best?

I thinks so what about you? :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed May 02, 2007 10:21 pm

Half a dozen?? Yes please.

Lets not kid ourselves they are going to be a very hard nut to crack but I feel we can do it
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm

We should also pay much attention to Seadorf. He's dangerous too, especially when he cooperates with Kaka.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Scottbot » Wed May 02, 2007 10:24 pm

dawson99 wrote:liverpool 8/11
milan evens

didnt expect those prices

Was gonna ask you the odds on us beating Milan in the final when the quarter-finals were anounced Daws but completely forgot :-(

Bet the odds were pretty good back then! :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 pm

:censored: bonus United losing tonight!!!!!! As soon as it went 3-0 i knew it was over. No-one comes back from three down against Milan!!......hold on a minute.......... :D
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed May 02, 2007 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed May 02, 2007 10:31 pm

i bet the chief of the athens police will sleep easy tonight knowing it's not going to be the scousers vs the mancs  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Wed May 02, 2007 10:33 pm

Milan had to chase the game today. The one-off game of the final I believe will change their attitude towards the match. I feel they will approach the game a lot more cautiously and in turn give us a fantastic opportunity to add number 6.

The scum lacked any real leadership where as we have two born leaders. It will be one hell of a tough task but I truly feel we can beat Milan.

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jaytoothetee » Wed May 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:This has set up so nicely.  Control Kaka and we're in with a shout!  God to win it for us! :buttrock

exactly what i was thinking about before i looked at this site. Right now, I'd start the same 11 that started against chelsea with maybe kewell coming in on the left depending on how the next two games pan out for him (although zenden played very well at anfield). So keeping gerrard in the middle and pennant on the right.

BUT, because Kaka is SO dangerous, so influencial, and milan have really built the team around him, we could well start with alonso and masherano in the middle, gerrard on the right, and kewell/riise/zenden on the left with mash given specific instruction to stay on kaka all night, follow him. \folllow him everywhere he goes, our half, their half, our box and theirs, just to try and nullify his presence and take him out of the game. Then, even when we have the ball and he stays with him, we still have Xabi picking out the passes with gerrard and Zenden/kewell midfield outlets.

I know a lot of this is far too early, but i'm just excited..... so what the he.ll   :p

more or less agree with that, but i might be tempted to put sissoko in for alonso so he can flatten gattuso and seedorf  :buttrock . with sissoko clattering him all night, i could see gatusso getting himself sent off in the final.

thank f*ck we don't have to play united in the final btw

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed May 02, 2007 10:39 pm

The best thing that could happened was manure getting knocked out.

let milan talk about revenge and we`ll get on with winning number 6, chelsea didnt learn that lesson and i doubt milan will also.

Athens here we come.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby destro » Wed May 02, 2007 10:41 pm

If we play at our best number 6 is in the bag.

They have their danger players but we have ours, cant wait till they see Crouch lol. Kaka was different class tonight but he had no opposition Ronaldo,Giggs,Carrick good players going forward but not one is deffensive, their only ball winner (Scholes)was s.hitting himself because of his yellow card situation.

Milan attacked MU down the flanks because they knew Giggs and Ronaldo are not disciplined enough to track back so the Milan full backs could overlap at will.

They will not be able to do that against us.

Seedorf, Kaka and Gattuso had all the time in the world in the middle of the pitch, Kaka wandered all over and wasnt being picked up so found himself in acres of space and was able to dictate the game.

Again they will not get that time against us, we play a more patient game and patrol the midfield in packs, snapping at heels and forces mistakes  where as MU relied purely on the pace of Ronaldo and Giggs as outlets and then tried to get up to support. Didnt work did it ?

Istanbul proved anything can happen in football, but i believe number 6 is coming back to LIVERPOOL
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion