THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu May 24, 2007 10:25 am

puroresu wrote:Drop the politics.  Yes Milan shouldnt have been in the competition cos Juve were booted out so Milan should of been to.  However the players dont decide this and u cant fault them for winning the cup.  No-one would of picked Milan to win it and with a better ref decisions Celtic could of beaten Milan in the last 16.  However they beat Bayern and Utd and like it or not Milan has a history of knowing how to win big games in the European Cup.

The last 12 months Italian Football has said to the rest of Europe "stop dissing our league and football, we aint in crisis" and now they have 2 major trophies to prove it.

Thanks to a dodgy ref  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 10:26 am

puroresu wrote:The last 12 months Italian Football has said to the rest of Europe "stop dissing our league and football, we aint in crisis" and now they have 2 major trophies to prove it.

Italian have two cups not deserved....

The final of the world cup was similar at the final of Champions League...

Italy and Milan didn't play for 90', but at the end they won the cups...

RIISEEEEEEEE

PS. I'm not Englis, so I don't speak very well your language... sorry :(
Vartol

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:27 am

Well said puroresu....it's 11 v. 11 on the pitch, and we came up short....enough of this Italy/UEFA bashing....I happen to like Italy - great food, weather etc.
I certainly don't think there's any place for bigotry on this site....

unless of course you're talking about.....

French / Turks / Americans / Dutch....

:p
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 10:29 am

Vartol wrote:
puroresu wrote:The last 12 months Italian Football has said to the rest of Europe "stop dissing our league and football, we aint in crisis" and now they have 2 major trophies to prove it.

2001 FA cup Final.  Arsenal battered us and we didnt play till 15 mins to go.  However we won the cup.  Its just how it goes sometimes.
puroresu

Postby Bammo » Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 am

bunglemark2 wrote:unless of course you're talking about.....

French / Turks / Americans / Dutch....

:p

I think that's a disgraceful statement to make

you forgot the Germans!  :p
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 am

Vartol wrote:Italy and Milan didn't play for 90', but at the end they won the cups...

Things that make you go "Hmmmm"  ???

Feck this, I have a headache from all this cr@p. I am going fishing (Sailfish are on the bite)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 10:31 am

puroresu wrote:
Vartol wrote:

2001 FA cup Final.  Arsenal battered us and we didnt play till 15 mins to go.  However we won the cup.  Its just how it goes sometimes.

of course, but at the last year... 2 cups won... in the same way...

:down:

RIISEEEEEEEE

PS. I'm not Englis, so I don't speak very well your language... sorry :(
Vartol

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 24, 2007 10:31 am

Yeah, I think everyone should have a pet German.....they're great for biodegrading stuff - just throw them all your leftovers and they generate waste - good and clean for the environment !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kazza » Thu May 24, 2007 10:33 am

puroresu wrote:
Vartol wrote:

We never stuck the ball in with our arm
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SuperScouser » Thu May 24, 2007 11:17 am

WERE BE BACKIN IN MAY TO TAKE IT AWAY WALKIN IN A RAFA WONDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuperScouser

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:20 am

s@int wrote:A few points from tonights game

1/ Rafa got his tactics spot on first half. Kuyt played with Gerrard up front, to pressurise Milan and to try to stop them building from the back. This worked! We just needed a goal to confirm our first half dominance.

2/ Zenden was a mistake, he had a poor game in that he had (or created) plenty of space and opportunities to make a name for himself, this he failed to do. Losing the ball or at best getting a throw in, instead of creating any chances.

3/ Mascherano was great, Kaka was in his pocket all night.

4/Pennant while having a very good first half, showed that he is sadly lacking a football brain, but still did well enough to earn another season. 

5/Alonso's passing was poor, he looked slow and gave away too many freekicks. He was however pressurised almost every time he received the ball.

6/Rafa must make his substitutions earlier .

7/We desperately needed someone who scores goals (M.Owen), and a bit of luck. When you have control of a game you need to score or what happened tonight usually happens. A fluke goal changes the whole game.

8/The better team lost, sad but true.

9/I thought some of our passing was very sloppy, and our corners, free kicks and throw ins were as usual poor. 

10/ The referee gave us nothing all night

There were a huge number of positives to take from our performance tonight but, I still feel gutted we lost.

Agree with all that Saint. I think Rafa is fantastice but he seems to have a blind spot with Bolo, i don't understand it, maybe i don't know enough. Zenden was just as shit as the first leg of the semi.

Damn gutted but proud of the boys, we showed the world in defeat that we are still a great club.
We had 75% of the stadium, who wouldn't want to play in front of supporters like that.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby mathewharding_faithful » Thu May 24, 2007 11:22 am

im a chelsea fan and i must say you fully deserved to win that game, perhaps you could say that milan had a game plan to play like that against you, alothugh i'm sure they didn't expect how many chances you had created, nor how little chances they had created. the difference was kaka, he did NEARLLY nothing all night as mascherano did a great marking job on him.. but he got the foul for the first goal and assited the second, did look dangerous when he was ever on the ball. but once again liverpool fully deserved to win, and im not trying to stir anything up with my next comments as i believe you may concede this, but with istanbul you got lucky, in the fa cup you got lucky.. isn't it ironic that the time you deserved to win a final in the last few years.. you didn't? maybe its balanced itself out?

overall i did want liverpool to win as they are an english side, i would have liked to have lost to the team that won the trophy also. unlucky the ref was a bit of a :censored: aswel, maybe next year when you have bought more players and will be competing on more fronts for possibly more trophies..
good luck.
Last edited by mathewharding_faithful on Thu May 24, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mathewharding_faithful

Postby crazyhorse » Thu May 24, 2007 11:25 am

Who cares about the post mortem. We played well, and could easily have won - but we lost.

It wont be our last final.

Well done Milan.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu May 24, 2007 11:32 am

At the end of the day we weren't good enough last night and if that means Rafa gets a bigger budget this summer then it's all good. We deserved to win last night but then again they deserved it in 2005 so fair enough really.

The ref was a disgrace though!!
heimdall

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:34 am

jedwards wrote: :angry: :angry: :angry:
AC MILAN did not win the final, but in fact Liverpool gave it to them on the plate, thanks to most the stupid manager like the one we have in Benitez, I know a lot of LFC fans says he is a top class manager, I personally do not share that at all.

I think Benitez is a very negative manager like his successor the idiot Houlier, there are plenty managers, who get lucky with some achievements in cups, but do not how build on their successes further, Benitez fall into that category, he has failed badly on producing a consistent team that is capable to win more trophies and challenge for top spot in the league, and I do not think he is capable of wining the league next season, or the season after that, it is really beyond him.

On tonight showing against MILAN, he starting line up was wrong, especially in Zenden, and Kuyt, I just don’t understand why Benitez think Zenden is a vital player in his team, whether he is on left, or in central midfield roll instead of Gerrard, where he was frequently used then. I think Zenden is a very average player, and none on M United, Chelsea, or Arsenal managers will accommodate Zenden in their first team, does Bentize want to make something different from those top mangers, by turning a player like Zenden from a donkey into most brilliant player!!!!!!!!

Any top manager will select his top players and play to his team strength, no but in Benitez, he always opts to keep his best players on the bench and he always does bring them on far too late, when he does realize that his initial plan was wrong, as it was tonight, when I have seen his first team that he put out, I told my friends that Benitez got it wrong and he has handed the cup to AC MILAN, his front line of Kuyt and Gerrard was wrong, both those players have struggled all season scouring goals, his best striker in Crouch is sitting on the bench, a player that AC Milan had hoped Benitez will never start with him, and this fact was well documented through out the build up for this match, and AC Milan were very happy to see Zenden being used on the left instead of Kwell, and Benitez simply has played to AC Milan hands. 

Liverpool lost the match is simply because of lousy decision by Benitez, and he must accept all the blame for failure to win this match, really Milan’s players did not have the legs for this match, and they were there for the taking, and if any of those teams Arsenal, Chelsea, or even Spurs would have beaten Milan by at least two clear goals, if Benitez had started with Crouch up front and with Gerrard on left, Liverpool would finish the first half 3.0

This season LFC has taken three steps backwards from where the club has finished last season, this season has been very poor, Benitez has brought in a lot average players at a higher cost, bad team selection in the league and domestic cups, and I fear for next season being Benitez in charge, and I expect him to buy more bad players for top money, and I do not think that he will be able to secure a top three position, the squad lucks good quality players to go for major honours, and Benitez has a lot of dead meat which he tries to get rid off very cheaply, waste of money again, like Houlier’s era and LFC record of under achievers will go on, while we a manager likes of Benitez is still in charge.  I was very sad to see the LFC fans who have spend thousand of pounds in order to be with their team, but only for a stupid manager like Benitez has spoiled for them.

Thank you.

Listen cunt you are obviously a sad little impotent manc, 30 posts in 4 years. You think that by initiating a Rafa out post we would join in. Liverpool FC are not fickle pillow munching inbred gary neville lookalikes.
Clearly you see Rafa as a threat, and you are right to be afraid.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion