THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bammo » Thu May 24, 2007 9:53 am

Haven't seen any replays of the match since last night so all of this is off memory:

I was really proud of the players.I don't think any of them let us down. Obviously there were a few individual mistakes, particularly in the final third,but noone had a nightmare.

Their first goal was a fluke. Pure and simple. I was speaking to a mate who asked why Inzaghi was playing when he's so :censored:. I said he's one of those players who does bugger all for the entire match but mishits a shot and scores. Should have kept my mouth shut :angry:

I think it's extremely harsh to blame Kewell for the 2nd goal. He took a bad challenge and so was caught out of position. Having said that it was Kaka and Inzaghi against 4 defenders. Why hold Kewell solely responsible? Why not question why Riise didn't move out to mark Kaka? or why Carra stopped when the ball went past when usually he'd bust a gut to cover the line? Face it, we were pushing everything forwards to get an equaliser and got caught on the break.

Overall we were unlucky. It seemed typical of our away performances this season. Plenty of possession and pressure but no cutting edge in the final third. We need a goal scorer and a winger who can create something out of nothing.

If only McManaman was 10 years younger....
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 9:54 am

Oh no.... isn't possible...

I'm angry, very angry...

Yesterday Liverpool has played very well, it deserved the Victory, Milan has only had fortune as usual…  I'm brazilian but live in Italy… I'm sorry for Liverpool, one great team!

You'll never walk alone!

HE'S THE BEST!

RIISEEEEEEEE

PS. I'm not Englis, so I don't speak very well your language... sorry :(
Vartol

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 9:54 am

So...

Pennant he's a very good player!
Last edited by Vartol on Thu May 24, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIISEEEEEEEE

Vartol

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu May 24, 2007 9:56 am

We often get caught when they play a ball behind our backline. They tried to play for offside, I saw Riise stop and look at the ref. Must never do that. If the linesman thinks it's offside then he'll raise the flag. Until then, just play on and stop the attack. Never stop playing to appeal.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu May 24, 2007 9:56 am

This is an email i sent to my cousin who is a avid Milan fan. Take into consideration, this was written straight after the match lol

The Final Horriblis:

After digesting what was, a very unfair match in terms of result and officiating, I must congratulate Milan and their tenacity to grind out a result, and wiping away the memories of Istanbul

The way I figure it, We outplayed you in the first half of this final, we outplayed you in the second half of the first final and we got a Championship to show for it.
Milan outplayed us in the first half of the first final, outplayed us in the second half of this final, and got a Championship to show for it.

I must say, when you look at it from that point of view, its hard not to commend both teams in achieving what they have achieved.

Firstly, Kaka was held very quiet until Mascherano came off, and as soon as he did, set up the second Inzaghi goal. (Well deserved BTW). Had Rafa decided to keep Mascherano on the field, it could have been a different story, but after the first goal, it always looked like he needed to change things around and it was always going to be Mascherano to be sacrificed for Crouch.

On Crouch, he should have started. An aerial threat was exactly what Milan would not have coped with, especially in the first half Liverpool onslaught.

Secondly, upon looking at the first Inzaghi goal, it should never have been allowed. A clear handball should have been called if the referee would have not been paid by the mafioso. Simply put, the goal should not have stood, and even you can see that the ball struck his arm in the box before he shot at goal.

Thirdly, Gattusso should have been sent off. There were a few tackles that he flew into, the one where he got carded, he clearly was out to take out the player with a two footed, studs up challenge. Another incident of note is when Gattusso clashed with Zenden after it appeared Zenden struck Gattusso in the face with his boot. Gattusso is then seen to lash out at Zenden, which should have prompted a yellow card from the referee, again, who would have given it, had he not been paid off by the mafioso.

Kewell should have been introduced in the start of the second half, if not, started the match. Zenden was useless as he has been all year. Gerrard was not very good at all, yet seemed to get a lot of the ball. Riise failed to impose himself, and Kuyt was too busy linking up with midfield to give a target up front.

On the other hand, Pennant was magnificent in the first half. His play with Finnan and taking on the player was top class.

A review of the Milan players: Maldini had his worst performance of the CL season to date. Mistakes crept in the Milan defence, and Liverpool should have made them pay. They couldn't handle the pressure when they had the ball and often coughed it up quite easily. Seedorf was unusually quite, Gattusso should not have stayed on the park. Kaka after his marker was subbed, came into the game to great effect. Kaka is without doubt the second best player in the world. Inzaghi made all the right moves at the right times, and to me, without taking the goals into consideration, he didn't really do much.

Anyway, I'm not gutted, as I had expected it. I was always nervous about this match seeing as Revenge is an unimaginable spur, and Milan had oodles of it. When Gerrard spurned that chance in the second half, I knew it was all over.

All in all, Milan are truly the most undeserving team to win the Champions League since Man Utd beat Bayern Munchen.

Enjoy it FGAGGOT!!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby michzola » Thu May 24, 2007 9:57 am

It's all UEFA's fault.

It's UEFA's fault that thousands of fans ruined it for the law-abiding Norwegian majority with genuine tickets by trying to get in by hook or by crook.

It's UEFA's fault that a 71 year old man got his ticket robbed by a so-called fan.

It's UEFA's fault that a dad and his 3 kids couldn't get in cos so-called fans robbed his tickets.

It's UEFA's fault that Benitez's tactics were negative.

It's UEFA's fault that Benitez dropped a b*llock by bringing off Mascapone.

It's UEFA's fault that Benitez couldn't bring on Crouch til last 10 minutes.

It's UEFA's fault that we lost the OVER 20 POINTS BEHIND THE CHAMPIONS league final.

It's UEFA's fault that so-called fans disgraced England off the pitch yet again and we embarrassed England on the pitch yet again.

Damn UEFA...
michzola

Postby michzola » Thu May 24, 2007 9:59 am

It's all UEFA's fault.

It's UEFA's fault that thousands of fans ruined it for the law-abiding Norwegian majority with genuine tickets by trying to get in by hook or by crook.

It's UEFA's fault that a 71 year old man got his ticket robbed by a so-called fan.

It's UEFA's fault that a dad and his 3 kids couldn't get in cos so-called fans robbed his tickets.

It's UEFA's fault that we lost the OVER 20 POINTS BEHIND THE CHAMPIONS league final.

It's UEFA's fault that so-called fans disgraced England off the pitch yet again and we embarrassed England on the pitch yet again.

Damn UEFA...
michzola

Postby kazza » Thu May 24, 2007 10:02 am

Bammo wrote:I think it's extremely harsh to blame Kewell for the 2nd goal. He took a bad challenge and so was caught out of position. Having said that it was Kaka and Inzaghi against 4 defenders. Why hold Kewell solely responsible?

Firstly because of all the talk of wanting to prove something to the fans, and more importantly because he was closest to Kaka and he was walking back which gave Kaka the space. After that he walked around the game. What was he saving himself for, his wedding night??
:veryangry

I have had my foot stepped on playing football, it hurts but you suck it up and get on with it (and that is Sunday league).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu May 24, 2007 10:10 am

michzola wrote:It's all UEFA's fault.

Damn UEFA...

All your talk of revenge for Istanbul, and how you have the best team and the best player in the world and then you play so average.

Yes you must be proud. Milan winning the CL proves that corruption goes all the way up to your leader (I mean country and not club although they are the same thing).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 am

kazza wrote:
kazza wrote:Milan winning the CL proves that corruption goes all the way up to your leader (I mean country and not club although they are the same thing).

this is a horrible truth!

unfortunately...

RIISEEEEEEEE

Vartol

Postby MASTER » Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 am

Why is no pointing out the facts here alonso made a STUPID challenge on KAKA and they scored a DEFLECTED goal by INZAGHI so stop blaming Kewell, Rafa or the ref, also Carra and Stevie G looked nervous.

However on a side note we need to get rid of Kuyt (Hard worker but useless CF) and Bellamy (Injury prone and bad attitude), so how about Inzaghi and Bent/Defoe.
MASTER

Postby Bammo » Thu May 24, 2007 10:20 am

kazza wrote:
Bammo wrote:I think it's extremely harsh to blame Kewell for the 2nd goal. He took a bad challenge and so was caught out of position. Having said that it was Kaka and Inzaghi against 4 defenders. Why hold Kewell solely responsible?

Firstly because of all the talk of wanting to prove something to the fans, and more importantly because he was closest to Kaka and he was walking back which gave Kaka the space. After that he walked around the game. What was he saving himself for, his wedding night??
:veryangry

I have had my foot stepped on playing football, it hurts but you suck it up and get on with it (and that is Sunday league).

Don't wanna get in an argument cos we're all on the same side.

Just to clarify what I was saying, Kewell was partly responsible for that goal but he wasn't the only player at fault.

Maybe he should have carried on running, we'll never know how much pain he was in. What's important is he didn't and noone covered his position. If it had been Gerrard, Alonso or any other player would you hold them solely responsible?
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Vartol » Thu May 24, 2007 10:20 am

MASTER wrote:Why is no pointing out the facts here alonso made a STUPID challenge on KAKA and they scored a DEFLECTED goal by INZAGHI

yes... Alonso didn't have to make that stupid fouls on kakà... useless foul, but Liverpool Played for 45' in the first half... Milan did one shot one goal...

Milan have had much fortune yesterday night...

RIISEEEEEEEE

Vartol

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 10:20 am

Drop the politics.  Yes Milan shouldnt have been in the competition cos Juve were booted out so Milan should of been to.  However the players dont decide this and u cant fault them for winning the cup.  No-one would of picked Milan to win it and with a better ref decisions Celtic could of beaten Milan in the last 16.  However they beat Bayern and Utd and like it or not Milan has a history of knowing how to win big games in the European Cup.

The last 12 months Italian Football has said to the rest of Europe "stop dissing our league and football, we aint in crisis" and now they have 2 major trophies to prove it.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Thu May 24, 2007 10:24 am

MASTER wrote:Why is no pointing out the facts here alonso made a STUPID challenge on KAKA and they scored a DEFLECTED goal by INZAGHI so stop blaming Kewell, Rafa or the ref, also Carra and Stevie G looked nervous.

However on a side note we need to get rid of Kuyt (Hard worker but useless CF) and Bellamy (Injury prone and bad attitude), so how about Inzaghi and Bent/Defoe.

Kuyt can run all day but is it really enough. His workrate doesnt make up for his limited ability.

As for the performance of Milan.  If roles we reversed and we would won the game playing the same way as Milan I'm certain Rafa would be getting plaudits for his tactics.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion