THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL - AC MILAN VS LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:13 am

judge

i was thinking the very same thing we needed to change it about get some one running at them, they were knackered and had tired legs bells would have give them something to worry about

and with crouch he would have been able to get in to the game a lot more than he did and gerrard could have been running on to his head downs

but oh well like you said what do we know ?
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Thu May 24, 2007 8:20 am

I thought we lacked a bit of quality that would have been the difference...

Zenden and Kewell (how the fuck was he in the squad... I can't believe it!!!!!!) should fuck off as they just ain't Liverpool class
Alonso was shocking... I can't believe how badly he played

so that's our midfield a bit fucked

I'd love to have seen Crouch on from the start.. at least the start of the 2nd half anyways

Mascherano was doing a good job and I don't think he deserved to go off (especially for that kunt kewell)

Stevie was awesome, what a player he is  :bowdown

I always thought we were gonna get the 2nd goal even with a few minutes to go... its gonna take a while for this to sink in  :(
PhiLFC

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:21 am

Man, am majorly disappointed like everybody else here today....but.....let's not try to go too deep into a post mortem.
Looking back over the posts in the past number of months, we seem to agree on many things: out wide, we have a lot to do :
1. is Pennant the answer ?...well, after last night, the "possibility" is there, but you have to ask, what if we had SOMEONE who could consistently place a ball from the wing, onto the top of a 10p piece ?
2. is Kuyt the answer ? well, the ground he covered last night was phenomenal, but he had nobody playing off him....he kept the ball well, but he was on his own
3. was Rafa right with his tactics ? ...was it right to stick Kewell on, with so little match time this season, and leave Bellamy on the bench ?...for me, all differences with Bellamy he may have aside, there's no room for sentiment (good or bad) when it comes to the CL final....for me, it was Bellamy in, not Kewell
4. i can't really say we played that badly overall....

Shots on target; shots full stop; the work rate etc. I'm just amazed so many shots went wide of the mark, truth be told. A few too many wrong options taken when in the final third.....but as someone said previously, it's a pain in the hoop, but this is football.......

Yes I was and still am gutted, and I have my own opinions on who should go and who should stay, but that's for another forum....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:22 am

PhiLFC wrote:Alonso was shocking... I can't believe how badly he played

:oh:   you cant slag alonso of on this forum mate, its not allowed

:D    (although i agree with you)
112-1077774096

Postby PhiLFC » Thu May 24, 2007 8:23 am

Judge wrote:
peewee wrote:
Judge wrote:isnt it true that by bringing mascherano off, that left space for kaka to exploit, that led to inzaghi's second goal ??

yes judge that is the case, mash had the better of kaka all game, removing mash gave kaka more freedom, a substitution had to be made to bring on a forward (made too late in my opinion), i think it would have been better to remove alonso

i was thinking at 70 mins to bring in crouch and bellamy, remove alonso, keep mascherano on, and take off zenden.

but what do i know

Spot on lads... my thoughts exactly AND Crouch would have put the fear of god into 'em... maybe next time eh?
PhiLFC

Postby Sabre » Thu May 24, 2007 8:24 am

peewee wrote:
Judge wrote:isnt it true that by bringing mascherano off, that left space for kaka to exploit, that led to inzaghi's second goal ??

yes judge that is the case, mash had the better of kaka all game, removing mash gave kaka more freedom, a substitution had to be made to bring on a forward (made too late in my opinion), i think it would have been better to remove alonso

I'm sure you would.

Under normal circunstances if you want to come back from a goal, Alonso would be the right player to remove. A bit like in the Chelsea home leg, in which we had to take some risk to come back from their goal, and once we scored, Alonso came in.

But bearing in mind that we were going to be outnumbered in midfield with the second striker in the pitch and that would mean risk, and bearing in mind that Mascherano had a yellow card, I can understand Rafa's decission.

And yes, Judge is right, when you take risks to draw a game, you expose your goal more, and we noticed that Mascherano wasn't on the pitch and we had another striker. But we had to do it.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:27 am

Sabre wrote:
peewee wrote:

I'm sure you would.

Under normal circunstances if you want to come back from a goal, Alonso would be the right player to remove. A bit like in the Chelsea home leg, in which we had to take some risk to come back from their goal, and once we scored, Alonso came in.

But bearing in mind that we were going to be outnumbered in midfield with the second striker in the pitch and that would mean risk, and bearing in mind that Mascherano had a yellow card, I can understand Rafa's decission.

And yes, Judge is right, when you take risks to draw a game, you expose your goal more, and we noticed that Mascherano wasn't on the pitch and we had another striker. But we had to do it.

the fact is we were losing and therfore had to take risks, what a strange comment to make, are you suggesting we should have just settled for losing 1-0?
112-1077774096

Postby only me » Thu May 24, 2007 8:27 am

Anyone rememebers when did we ever start with 1 striker up front ?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu May 24, 2007 8:30 am

Liverpool 4-1 Arsenal

And some other games I cannot remember. So far, IIRC, with that system we got 3 victories, and 1 draw away. I think we tested that system about 4 or 5 times this season.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu May 24, 2007 8:31 am

Don't know about Alonso or anyone else being shocking. You've got to allow for the fact that they are a very good team and we shaded a pretty tight encounter overall so nobody was shocking.

As for Pennant I thought he did fairly well but the fact that he is unaccustomed to the big occasion showed. He'll probably be lying awake for a few nights wondering why when faced with a simple roll-back to give Gerrard a golden scoring opportunity on his right foot from ten yards out, he inexplicably decided to chip the ball into our captains left side, causing him to break stride and the opportunity to pass. On such decisions, big games are won and lost and we paid dearly for that one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu May 24, 2007 8:34 am

Feck me I just posted something and it's disappeared. Probably b0ll0cks anyway  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:35 am

proud to be a RED :)
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:36 am

proud to be a REd ............ WALK ON !!  :)
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:37 am

no mick, its here, just this thread has developed the real world glitch

:D
112-1077774096

Postby oakton » Thu May 24, 2007 8:37 am

How many goals has Kuyt kicked in the CL before the game? 0 right?
oakton

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion