Does this sound like stevie is about to leave? - Go red boys!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed May 25, 2005 9:42 am

Quote from Skysports.com

"I will be the one lifting that trophy, not Paolo Maldini," insisted Gerrard.
"Imagine me hoisting the trophy. It is an image I have in my mind and I want to make it a reality.
"We have world-class players and, believe me, they are in the mood to do it.
"The atmosphere around the club at the moment is just top-class.
"It will be the proudest moment of my life leading Liverpool out. I've dreamed of this day since I was a kid, kicking a ball against the wall in the street where I lived.
"What could be better than leading Liverpool out for the Champions League final? Only lifting the trophy.
"We need everyone, all 11 players who start and the subs, to be ready to give everything.
"We need that mentality, when everyone has to put everything on the line for Liverpool.
"That is what it will take to win. We have to make sure we don't have any regrets at the final whistle.
"I have been dreaming of lifting the trophy, don't worry about that. I haven't stopped thinking about it and it has been in my head 24/7.
"It's the biggest game of my life, and I have to concentrate on myself and make sure my team mates are right because that is what I do as a captain.
"Liverpool are a massive club and have been very successful over the years and it is my responsibility as captain to make sure that past success continues.
"This club is about winning and we have the chance now to bring the biggest trophy possible back to this club. There is a lot of pressure and a lot of responsibility on us but we are enjoying it."

Doesn't look like he is going anywhere!!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 25, 2005 9:46 am

Brilliant ! thats the most positive thing I've heard from Stevie for years . Love the determination in those quotes .I'm feeling even more confident about tonight .

C'MON YOU REDS !   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed May 25, 2005 9:53 am

Yep, that kind of comments and confidence we need from our captain.

Well done Stevie - now go get Big Ears with the rest of the lads !! :D
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed May 25, 2005 10:09 am

positive words yes, but its what he's saying in 24 hours time that'll be more interesting in my point of view.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed May 25, 2005 10:23 am

Thats the type of statement you want from your captain.
In the last month things have been alot more positive, he seems to be looking alot happier and there seems a great bond between the players and manager.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Wed May 25, 2005 10:30 am

Woot!!!
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:21 am

Alonso also recently stated again that there is no better midfield partnership in the world than himself and stevie g...
i still dunno whats happening, maybe he'll go, maybe he'll stay, we'll soon find out tho. lets just concentrate on the game tonite
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:26 am

oh dear, that's sound great and we're going to unleash the power of R-E-D-S and Y-N-W-A today. Don't just said it , do it.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:58 am

yah,its big doubt stevie will leaves considering this is the first season for the gaffer n we already in the CL final.unbelievable.it'll be a greatest moment to see stevie lift the cup if we wins it.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Jan Cuelemans » Wed May 25, 2005 2:22 pm

The boy will stop, we are building a Dynasty.
The ofton underrated, Belgium Internalional Superstar !
Jan Cuelemans

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Wed May 25, 2005 2:58 pm

I think its as simple as this. If we win we are in the CL next season and stevie stays.

If we don't he'll go
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion