Mark lawrenson - Gerrard and rooney should leave..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jymbojetset » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:53 pm

Merseyside.

Can't believe someone who made their name at Anfield at the time both clubs were at the top can say this.

From the LFC official website.

"Liverpool fans have reacted angrily to comments made this morning by former Red Mark Lawrenson regarding the future of Anfield captain Steven Gerrard. 
In his weekly Daily Mirror column, Lawrenson wrote that the time was right for Gerrard to leave Liverpool, the most successful English club of all-time and the team he has supported all his life, for Chelsea, a club that last won the title half a century ago and who despite their millions won a grand total of zero trophies last season.

Not surpringly Lawrenson's words were not too well received by Liverpudlians and this website's message board has been flooded with fans queueing up to slam our former defensive star. "
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:58 pm

I wouldn't worry about what Lawro says these days.  Hes working as a pundit for so many t.v. stations, radio stations and writing for so many newspapers hes probabaly confusing himself at this stage.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:15 pm

I can't stand the guy, he's a c**t in my opinion, he's an ex-red but never has a nice thing to say about us.  Misserable b$stard  :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:22 pm

I don't appreciate any ex-red urging players to leave Liverpool "to further their career".It's a bloody insult.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:29 pm

Especially when that commentator has got his current position as a result of the great success he enjoyed with our club in the 1980s.

Do you really think that Lawerson would be such a highly paid pundit had he stayed at Brighton?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:55 pm

Bet you he also would have liked to have said Stevie should opt for utd! The ****** licks Fergie's ******!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:07 pm

Cant believe he said that.

He's shown no loyalty to Liverpool unlike Alan Hansen.

Can't believe he feels our best player should leave the team for another Premiership side.......disgusting.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:12 pm

Yeah I read that myself.  I don't know what he was playing at saying it.
jonnymac1979

Postby Sean » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:25 pm

There was no sign of him on BBC tonight
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Supermarius » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:49 am

Good..He fcukkin depresses me..always pointin out the bad things Big Mark Sorrow!
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby 84-1083280474 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:19 am

Rooney has definately played his last game for everton
84-1083280474

Postby jymbojetset » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:36 am

Just seen this article from Echo - depressing!

"Gerrard's mind is made up - Hansen Jun 21 2004

By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL legend Alan Hansen believes Steven Gerrard has already made up his mind to move to Chelsea - and that he will join the Londoners later this summer.

Hansen's comments come after new Reds' boss Rafael Benitez was given special dispensation by Sven Goran Eriksson to meet Gerrard (right) at England's team hotel in Lisbon after the victory over Switzerland to urge him to stay.

But despite Liverpool 's determination to ward off any bid from the mega-rich Londoners, Hansen believes Gerrard will leave Anfield because the player craves success.

"I believe Steven Gerrard will leave for Chelsea and when you look at the reasons I don't think you can blame him for going," said Hansen.

"The question he will have asked himself - the same one Rafael Benitez will also be considering - is how long until Liverpool are in a position to challenge for major trophies? Five years? Six? Seven?

"At Chelsea, Gerrard will have an immediate chance of the big trophies.

"Let's not forget the money, too, because that is impor tant. The reports say that Gerrard would double his wages from £60,000 a week to £120,000. When someone puts an offer like that in front of you, it's very difficult to dismiss out of hand.

"To see Gerrard start next season in a Liverpool shirt would be terrific, but the truth is that you have to give your best players two things: success and money.

"The harsh truth is that Chelsea have a lot more of both to offer Gerrard than Liverpool."

:(
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:21 am

jymbojetset wrote:Just seen this article from Echo - depressing!

"Gerrard's mind is made up - Hansen Jun 21 2004

By David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL legend Alan Hansen believes Steven Gerrard has already made up his mind to move to Chelsea - and that he will join the Londoners later this summer.

Hansen's comments come after new Reds' boss Rafael Benitez was given special dispensation by Sven Goran Eriksson to meet Gerrard (right) at England's team hotel in Lisbon after the victory over Switzerland to urge him to stay.

But despite Liverpool 's determination to ward off any bid from the mega-rich Londoners, Hansen believes Gerrard will leave Anfield because the player craves success.

"I believe Steven Gerrard will leave for Chelsea and when you look at the reasons I don't think you can blame him for going," said Hansen.

"The question he will have asked himself - the same one Rafael Benitez will also be considering - is how long until Liverpool are in a position to challenge for major trophies? Five years? Six? Seven?

"At Chelsea, Gerrard will have an immediate chance of the big trophies.

"Let's not forget the money, too, because that is impor tant. The reports say that Gerrard would double his wages from £60,000 a week to £120,000. When someone puts an offer like that in front of you, it's very difficult to dismiss out of hand.

"To see Gerrard start next season in a Liverpool shirt would be terrific, but the truth is that you have to give your best players two things: success and money.

"The harsh truth is that Chelsea have a lot more of both to offer Gerrard than Liverpool."

:(

"Gerrards Mind is made up" says Alan hansen? ???

How the fook does hansen know.

Stevie is playing for England in Euro 2004, I doubt he has been pouring his heart out to Hansen.

This wa a major Silly post!

If Hansen said that he needs to be shot.

He left Liverpool years ago and hasnt got a clue what is going on.

THAT IS HIS OWN OPINION

Liverpool FC have not even recieved such an offer for steven Gerrard so stories of 100+ grand a week are pure KACK!

Stop spreading silly rumours! Alan Hansen does not work on the board of LFC and im pretty sure stevie G isnt going anywhere
84-1083280474

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:31 am

at least one former red thinks that gerrard should stay at liverpool in order to further his career. Jimmy Case said that Gerrard's best option for his career is to stay at anfield. He said ''Gerrard should hang in there,'' and ''he has to give it more of a go at Liverpool.'' He also said that there is no way Chelsea is a bigger club than Liverpool.

Now thats the type of support we need from former players.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:10 am

Lawrenson and Hansen just like the sounds of their own voices.. Ian Wright gives Hansen hell.. because he nearly always disagrees with him. Both of them are not close to the club..there comments are just like hearing the tabloids speak
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion