Gerrard to leave anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:32 am

yes its true, he will be moving to stanley park with the rest of the squad

:p  :laugh:

anyway here are his comment on the move form football365

GERRARD REVEALS ANFIELD ANGUISH

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard admits he feels torn about the prospect of leaving Anfield for a new, larger stadium.

And the midfielder, although insisting that he fully understands and approves of the plans to build a new stadium in Stanley Park, says he will be "gutted" when the doors are closed on the famous old stadium for the last time.

"In a perfect world, we'd have stayed on the Anfield site and redeveloped that, but that option was always a none starter," said the England midfielder.

Gerrard and his colleagues witnessed another of those special Anfield nights this week when the Reds, roared on by a special atmosphere, secured an away goals victory against Barcelona to seal a Champions League quarter-final slot.

And it is the potential loss of the Anfield magic that concerns many fans. New owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks experienced that themselves for the first time on Tuesday, but used their flying visit from the United States to discuss plans for the new Stanley Park venture.

Gerrard, in a LFC magazine interview, said: "It will be a proud moment for me if I get the chance to lead Liverpool into the new era as captain in a new stadium.

"But that is a long way down the road from where we are at the moment. The new investors have spoken a lot about winning and being successful, which I am sure is music to everyone's ears.

"That is all we want as players, to be successful long-term. That is what the manager Rafael Benitez wants and the supporters are used to success and they want more."

And Gerrard is realistic enough to know that the only way Liverpool can match the success of Manchester United is to have a stadium big enough to generate the finances needed to compete at that level.

He says: "I'd love to stay at Anfield, but you have got to look at the bigger picture.

"As a player I want to be up there competing for every single trophy we can win. When you look at United and Arsenal they are pulling more punters into the ground than we are, and it makes a difference to our revenue over the season. We are playing catch-up every season.

"I see the pros and cons in the move for financial reasons. To win things, the time has come for us to go for it (a new stadium)."

Liverpool's current stadium holds 45,000 fans, and the new one next door will be almost 60,000.

But Gerrard is understandably torn between realism and the romance of Anfield.

"My feelings on the stadium move are mixed, to be honest. The Liverpool supporter in me says I want to stay at Anfield because it's the spiritual home.

"It is where I came to watch my heroes as a kid and it is where I always dreamed of playing when I was young and kicking a ball about in Huyton.

"It has got this sense of history and tradition about it, and I still feel the same walking down the tunnel and up the steps to the pitch today as I got when I made my debut for the team."
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:20 am

Tart! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby jaytoothetee » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:38 pm

f**kin hell... you had me worried there:angry:

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

Postby erpeker1907 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:27 pm

you will never walk alone
gerard will never leave us alone:laugh:
erpeker1907

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:40 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Tart! :D

Yep good and proper  :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby angel717 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:06 pm

I remember Capt. Gerrard saying He will stay on Liverpool until someone told him he's not wanted there anymore!

and yes! true! He will never Leave us!!! :) :) :)
Sensuality ~ Seduction ~ Eugen ~ Carnality ~ Obsession
angel717

Postby Elchris » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:21 pm

beach :angry:
Elchris

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 pm

like ainsdale beach  ???

or do you mean bi-atch   :D
112-1077774096

Postby 65-1173565005 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:54 am

GERRARD IS S.HITTER THAN LAMPARD.
65-1173565005

Postby orlandored » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:29 am

Amiga wrote:GERRARD IS S.HITTER THAN LAMPARD.

you want a 3some with the nevilles dont you sir
orlandored

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion