Steven gerrard - Alternative viewpoint

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:21 pm

I think we are forgetting UEFA recent proposals.  SG has come through the youth system and is home grown.  We need to keep as many good homegrown talents as possible.  He just needs to have his ego knocked down.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:54 pm

who said he had an ego??

he has opinions, he just says what we all think
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:11 pm

stmichael wrote:With the formation Chelsea play I don't see a place for him in their starting line up, strange as it may sound.

Unlike Liverpool, Chelsea won't be building a team around Gerrard therefore I think we'd see Gerrard for the player he really is. He's lucky that we are so bad we have to try to build a team around him at the moment.

If we were to build a team around anyone at the club it should be Alonso, not Gerrard.

If it's not Chelsea then it will be Real Madrid.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:11 pm

If Gerrard decides to stay with us at the end of this season , are all you whinging B'stards gonna be disappointed ??? . Quite frankly if I was him and saw half the shi'te thats said about him on this forum my response would be "Fu'ck the lot of yer ! I won't stay where i'm not wanted ". He's our captain and (despite what many of you experts think ) still our best player ,thats why all the worlds top clubs would love to sign him . Until he pulls on another teams shirt he deserves our support .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:23 pm

woof woof ! wrote:If Gerrard decides to stay with us at the end of this season , are all you whinging B'stards gonna be disappointed ??? . Quite frankly if I was him and saw half the shi'te thats said about him on this forum my response would be "Fu'ck the lot of yer ! I won't stay where i'm not wanted ". He's our captain and (despite what many of you experts think ) still our best player ,thats why all the worlds top clubs would love to sign him . Until he pulls on another teams shirt he deserves our support .

Whilst Steven Gerrard is at this club he will always get my 100% support. However if he does decide to leave to further his career then so be it.

In Shankley's time there was no room for egos and demands from players. If a midfielder, no matter how good, talked about leaving if certain players were not signed Bill would have made him train with the youth team until he found himself another club.

Unfortunately it is a lot different now. The transfer fees back in Shank's day were a drop in the ocean compared to now. If Gerrard leaves in the summer his transfer fee would hopefully represent almost 20% of the club's worth according to recent valuations.

Liverpool cannot afford to weaken their position with regard to his potential sale. If buying teams knew Liverpool just wanted to get rid then they needn't offer very much for him and be successful.

If it just came down to football and not money then I believe dropping Gerrard may well be for the good of the team. Surely his open disatisfaction both on the field and in the press must not be helping the rest of the team. It must be difficult to play well as a team when their captain and leader has got one eye on the door.

I have suggested in a recent post that Carragher should be captain because he is without doubt the most committed player and I stand by this.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:26 pm

I have suggested in a recent post that Carragher should be captain because he is without doubt the most committed player and I stand by this.

I agree. He has played in every game this season[EPL,CL,etc..] and has given 200 % in every game, he deserves to be captain. I would give him the armband right about now.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:34 pm

stmichael wrote:Whilst Steven Gerrard is at this club he will always get my 100% support.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:
Make up you mind St Mick  OR is that what you really call 100% support ?.

(I give up   :( )

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:If Gerrard decides to stay with us at the end of this season , are all you whinging B'stards gonna be disappointed ??? . Quite frankly if I was him and saw half the shi'te thats said about him on this forum my response would be "Fu'ck the lot of yer ! I won't stay where i'm not wanted ". He's our captain and (despite what many of you experts think ) still our best player ,thats why all the worlds top clubs would love to sign him . Until he pulls on another teams shirt he deserves our support .

agreed woof
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion