Steven gerrard - Alternative viewpoint

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 84-1106852058 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:32 pm

Refreshing to see that every one doesnt belive the hype.Gerrard is agood player[not a great].I believe he could become a great player playing alogside Alonso and not by believing everythig that is said about him.If he decides to go so what, 30 million in the bank.Liverpool have always replaced players in the past and with that sort of money,will do again.
84-1106852058

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:02 pm

Thats the problem with the english (london) press. They think that we are a 1-man team. But at least this week they are leaving gerrard alone...thank god for sven  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:09 pm

Despite the articles depreciation of Gerrards worth there isn't a football mgr on the planet who wouldn't be knocking on our door if we declared Stevie was
for sale and they thought they could afford it.
Despite what this hack may say I prefer the opinions of people like Benitez,Wenger ,Mourinho and even Ferguson . who all consider our captain to be one of the best midfielders in the world.
:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:14 pm

true woof
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:00 pm

But 1 man team we are not simple as that, I think Gerrard will go soon maybe not because he doesn't love L'Pool but because his ego will egg him on.

I remember Marco Van Basten great F ing player but not an ego in site i'm afraid they just don't make em like they used too.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:29 pm

Van Basten had not an ego. didn't he sulk his way out of the 1990 world cup with the usual Dutch internal fighting. He looked like he didn't care when they lost to the Germans (who the dutch really hate)
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:47 pm

Big Noall that is not an over inflated believe your own hype ego Van Basten had one most things and always fought for the cause he was not perfect but then again what do i really care he is not and never was the captain of Liverpool.

Everybody can beataround the bush as far as Gerrard is concerned but his eago is way out of control and he is not at the level people like Van Basten Ruud Guillit or Zidane were it is a sad state of affairs at the moment.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:05 pm

Gerrard is a good player, there's no doubt about that however him leaving could be the best thing to ever happen to us.

I hate when I hear that "Gerrard got LFC the win", this is not Steven Gerrard FC and no player is bigger than the club. When Rooney left Everton we all thought that Everton were done for, look at them now. Yes they are a pieces of sh1t but they play like a team.

When Juventus sold Zidane they started to win more things and perhaps if we sell Gerrad the same could happen to us.

Gerrard's comments before and after the game against Olympiakos were disapointing and his body language and behavior on the pitch shouldn't be comming from a player whose wearing the captain's armband.

When we needed him the most[in important games] he let us down. Apart from the goal he scored against Olympiakos, during that game he wasn't anything special. In fact he almost got him self sent off after a horrible tackle. He want's to play in the Champions League yet now he's suspended for the next CL game due to his stupid decision against Olympiakos.

He's been quiet lately, too quiet for my liking. We were done with the Owen Saga and now we're in the middle of the Gerrard Saga and I am just waiting till its all over as it is extremely annoying and tiredsome.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red Macgregor » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:40 pm

A realistcally balanced article, there on the pro's and con's to life without Gerrard.
Yes we would miss him on the field, but.
The biggest blow of him leaving would actually be to our ego' !!
Losing our home grown talent like Owen and Gerrard, because they feel that we are not going to win trophies, leaving because they do not feel that we are a big club! Is very hard to take. It also gives a message to potential new signings that we are not worth joining, if we cannot keep our own best players.
Red Macgregor

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:51 pm

Red Macgregor wrote:A realistcally balanced article, there on the pro's and con's to life without Gerrard.
Yes we would miss him on the field, but.
The biggest blow of him leaving would actually be to our ego' !!
Losing our home grown talent like Owen and Gerrard, because they feel that we are not going to win trophies, leaving because they do not feel that we are a big club! Is very hard to take. It also gives a message to potential new signings that we are not worth joining, if we cannot keep our own best players.

yup i agree, to lose arguably our two best (and high profile) players in consecutive seasons doesn`t exactly send out the right signals. gerrards a class player and his performances for us have been excellent ever since he broke into the side at right back. to lose him would be a major blow but we have lost better players in the past. its not his fault the press and media go overboard, in fact he probably finds it embarressing like brian robson used to hate all the captain marvel stuff.
i hope he stays.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:59 pm

Good article.

Very true. Something i've been saying for a while.

Gerrard has the potential to be the best, but he's nowhere near there yet. If he does stay and learn from Benitez and Alonso, we could have a fantastic team in the future.

If he leaves, i doubt he'll ever fullfill his potential as he won't have the right player next to him.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:02 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Good article.

Very true. Something i've been saying for a while.

Gerrard has the potential to be the best, but he's nowhere near there yet. If he does stay and learn from Benitez and Alonso, we could have a fantastic team in the future.

If he leaves, i doubt he'll ever fullfill his potential as he won't have the right player next to him.

Well said. If he were to go to Chelsea he wouldn't play well alongside Lampard as they don't play well together for England.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:33 pm

stmichael wrote:Gerrard's attitude is a problem...I'm not the only one who sees Gerrard's often misdirected passes or hopelessly optimistic shots.

I'd like to see him stay...but I am equally happy to see him go.

Right. I am sure Arsenal now regretted that Vieira stayed and not moved to Madrid for big money earlier this season. He is a pale shadow of the player he was a season or two ago.

Hoped Stevie do not believe in his own hype. He is a top player, no dispute in that but he still have someway to go before he can be consider "irreplacable".
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:36 pm

Good article. Agree with everything especially roy keane being a more proven player than gerrard but as much as i think gerrard is over-exaggerated by media etc... he is still and fantastic and has been our best this season
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:45 pm

Best player of the season? I disagree, in important games he's too quiet on the pitch.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion