Some players are just not good enough.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:29 pm

kenco wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:What is very worrying about today with all them injuries is what's happening at the Academy.  I hear that the U-16s are showing tremendous promise but what about the older kids, the 17-20yr olds?  Are they really so poor that they cannot force their way into the team given the depth of injuries we are carrying?

I am quite sure if we would have played ALT or another striker up front with Baros it would not have come to this.
We cannot afford anymore slipups, Rafa 4-4-2 end of story.
Whats the deal with Morientes refusing to play? Whats going on there?
Not another one ffs.
I heard last night Pelle would be playing , I knew Hamman and Mori wouldnt be.
But some fool said how do you know and I refuse to answer that muppet. :glare:

morientez refusing to play is just a rumour,you don't know your a*rse from your elbow,go back to the kitchen and try your best to get the lumps out of the gravy! :p  :p

ok will do get on with it here, tara  :cool:
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:32 pm

is that yer best cisse!
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:39 pm

kenco wrote:is that yer best cisse!
:) check back the posts from last night I did say he would play.
But I will not make my way back to the kitchen I will make my way to another forum, and talk sense with people who know the score.
Ok instead of the idiots on here. :glare:
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:46 pm

Someone tell me when the REAL LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB shows up :angry: :angry: small conslation  Bayer Leverkusen lost 1-0 away to Hamburg.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:09 pm

Getting back to the initial thread starter.....

agree with most of stu's comments but will add Hyypia to the list of not good enough....shocked if he is their next season,definetly not the future!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:40 pm

From Stu's list of players on who not to keep, Baros, Traore, Kirkland and Gerrard and Dudek are worth keeping.
Last edited by chiggz_likes_owen on Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:41 pm

From Stu's list of players on who not to keep, Baros, Traore, Kirkland and Gerrard and Dudek are worth keeping.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:58 pm

stu_the_red wrote:I was sitting in the pub today watching the game with a couple of mates. We were discussing who we thought were good enough, the lads on the table next to us joined in and we basically both said the same things.

The only players out there today who were good enough to deserve a place next were Riise, Hyypia and Carragher. They all said Gerrard, i disagreed due to his shocking attitude, the way he screamed at Luis Garcia for shooting in the second half was a disgrace.

We also agreed that Morientes and Alonso were of the required standard and that Finnan and Hamann, were of an acceptable squad player standard.

The rest though, simply don't cut the mustard.

Nunez, Luis Garcia, Josemi, Dudek, Kirkland, Traore, Baros, Kewell, Biscan, Smicer, Mellor.

The lads i haven't mentioned like Warnock, Carson, Le Tallec Cisse and Sinama all deserve a chance.

All in all the squad is pretty thin:

Carson

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Riise

Alonso
Hamann
Warnock
Le Tallec

Morientes
Cisse
Sinama

We probably have 5 players of a first team standard. Morientes, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise and Alonso. 2 of those today didn't play and in my opinion one was out of position.

Gerrard would certainly be in this bracket if he had the attitude and consistency his game is crying out for, but he still fails to convince me.

I personally believe we could do with a striker, two wingers, a central midfielder and maybe a top class replacement centre half for CARRAGHER. Not Sami. I believe it would be easier to find a centre half who would compliment Hyypia than Carragher and Jamie could then and would also be used as a full back.

I believe Hyypia is still the better player of the two centre halfs, his heading, strength, positioning influence and reading of the game and his knowledge of when to attack the ball is fantastic. Jamie has done well this season and is without doubt our player of the season but for me still lacks that overall ability and pressence.

To me a defence of Riise, Hyypia, Woodgate, Carragher/Finnan looks as strong as anything in the league with maybe the exception of Terry.

Other players like Gallas and King would also be better suited to partnering Sami as apose to Jamie.

Of course you are right. The players are not good enough. But please add Hyypia to that list. Hyypia is awful. In my book one of the worst defenders in the league.

All his clearances goes to the opposuition. He makes serious errors of judgement and gets out of position all the time. He provides no creativity from the back and he is outpaced 10 out of 10 times leading to good goal scoring opportunities to the opposition in every game. That is what i call f@cking poor. He lives on happy memories from 2002 when Hamann and Gerrard patrolled 5 yards in front of him and all he had to do was put his big head to the ball on set pieces and crosses. That is not working anymore.

And W O W what a difference between a liverpool team with and without Hamann. Today we did not have his tackling strenght, his composure and clever positioning. That was badly missed. Hamann has been our best midfielder the last 5 years and still is.

Biscan should be fed to the dogs. He is so slow. That means he can not get near the ball. Newcastle danced around his fat azz and made him look like a wee girl. We lost the game in midfield. Gerrard did not have a good game today, and I only wonder how many more bad games he shall play before he starts producing some real football.

We missed Riise's powerful runs. He was given a more defensive role today and no-one threathened Carr.

Garcia is light weight. A truly fantastic little player. But he is pushed off the ball too often and must be dropped until he can keep up with the physical side of the game.

FWIW we also missed Traore today.

Carson was ok. Could have saved the goal, but it was a good strike and I do not blame him.

Smicer did ok for 15 mins, and then he disappeared. Maybe due to his lack of match fitness.

All in all a very disappointing game. Only 1 decent shot on goal in 90 minutes. That is shocking.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:07 am

Nando wrote:i didnt refuse to play, just wasnt 100% fit and the gaffer didnt want to risk me ahead of the crucial run in

What run in ? we're IN THE RUN IN ffs !!!!! :suspect:

Its all conjecture and rumour as to why morientes didn't play but with 1 up front it doesn't matter who plays there if the midfield can't gain possession and create !  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:43 am

Nando wrote:i didnt refuse to play, just wasnt 100% fit and the gaffer didnt want to risk me ahead of the crucial run in

what run in??
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:41 am

Forwards - I think if Milan leaves we need an excellent replacement player like Fernando Torres.
With Cisse due back next season, this would give us Flo-po, Cisse, Moro and Torres as forward options with perhaps Mellor as back-up in the resreves if needed.

Midfield - If Gerrard leaves we need another TWO central players IMO. One of class like Aimar and another sqaud player, which would give us Alonso, Aimar, Hamann and player X? I think Igor may be sold, and there are also the youngsters like Welsh and Potter.

I think Riise should keep the Left Mid spot, as for me he has been a revelation in that spot. Not sure if Harry will ever rediscover his form, but I ma willing to keep him on and Riise can always slot to left back of course.

We desperately need a quality right midfielder IMO. Someone like Joauquin or Wright-Phillips is a top priority as I can't see Nunez or Smicer being good neough for the role.

I would keep Garcia in the sqaud as I think he has enough ability to be used, and he can play in a variety of positions, a useful utility player IMO but not a starting midfield player. 

Defence Carra has secured his place as no1 in our central defence with an outstanding season, undoubtedly the player of the season for us IMO. I still think Hyppia is a quality centre-half but past his best and I think a new centre-half is a necessity.
Why oh why didn't Houllier get Boumsong when he could of? the man is a class act, Newcastle have picked up a great acquisition there.
Not sure what Rafa wants from Pellegrino, but he had a decent game yesterday and is worth keeping on as a back-up for next seaon I think.

Traore is a useful sqaud player a he can play centre-half or left-back, but we defo need another left back if Riise is going to play Left Midfield. Wayne Bridge anyone?

I have been impressed with Finnan this season and I think Rafa sees him as his first choice right back. Josemi will probably be 2nd choice and I can't see Rafa buying another right back.
IMO Otsemobor should be given a go ahead of Josemi. He got some d3cent first-team expereince at Crewe and tbh when he played in the few PL games he did for us last seaons I was quite impressed. Not sure if Rafa sees him as part of his plans though?

Their are also youngsetrs like Zak Whitbread and David Raeven coming through the system, and Warnock who can also play in the midfield if needed.

Goalkeepers Bit of a tricky one for Rafa I think. Do we need another goalkeepr or dos he rely on Carson with Dudek or Kirkland as back-up.

based on this I think this is what the first-team should look like next season.

GK:

Carson
Dudek/Kirkland.

Defence:

Finnan
Josemi/Otsemobor
Carra
Sami
Traore
New player x 2
Pellegrino?
Warnock
Whitbread
Raven

Midfield:

Gerrard? - Aimar, new player?
Alonso
Hamann
Wright Phillips/Joaquin?
Garcia
Welsh
Potter
Riise
Kewell.
La Tallec

Forwards:

Cisse
Moro
Pongolle
Baros? - Torres?

Sold?:

Biscan
Diouf
Smicer
Nunez?
Pellegrino leaves?
Baros?
Gerrard?
Dudek/Kirkland?
Partridge?
Cheyrou
Diao

Brought back from loan? Diarra.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:04 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Whats the deal with Morientes refusing to play? Whats going on there?

if i am not wrong, the source is from some radio show..... i also heard it from other football forums, but can't find any url on it yet.

If it is true, then it is a massive blow to the remaining league games.... Baros looks like leaving this summer (even more than gerrard). And now morientas refuses to play ?

Wat the focker is going on ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:06 am

bigmick wrote:The experts on Sky soccer saturday informed us that he was being rested for the Champions league.

they were talking about morientas or kewell  ???
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:23 am

LFC #1 wrote:Forwards - I think if Milan leaves we need an excellent replacement player like Fernando Torres.
With Cisse due back next season, this would give us Flo-po, Cisse, Moro and Torres as forward options with perhaps Mellor as back-up in the resreves if needed.

That is what the pi$$es me off the most. Some morons can go to great length to give a convincing "white paper" on why baros is not good enuff for LFC (well if baros is not good enuff, wat about hyppia, pongolle, biscan, hamann, riise, cisse etc..... every player has some weakness, but only baros "looking down" play gets highlighted.)

If you want baros to leave, then please specify a suitable replacement at least in the "same league" as baros. And then, think of the price they command......

Baros will prob leave for 5 million this summer (because of the incompetance of parry). And we will most likely replace him with some "unheard-off" spanish player will replace him, because we don't have enuff money to buy quality players.

Manure has shrek, horsie, smith & saha. you don't see them selling saha don't u ?
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:17 am

I think you have misinterprted my post. I am not saying I want Baros to leave, all I am saying is it is a major possibility.

I like Baros, he works hard and always gives defender problems beacuse if his unpredictable style of play. Sometimes he can be frustrating because of this, but more often than not he does well and gets in good goal scoring opportuniteis, his finsihing perhaps needs some work.

If he does leave, all i am saying is we need another top quality striker as Pongolle, Cisse (will he be the same after his injury?) and Morientes isn't enough.

I think i he goes we will get more than 5 million btw, closer to 10 i would say, around 8mil perhaps?

That money could be used to bring in some1 the calibre of Torres for let's say 12-15million.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion