Sepp blatter on lfc - We don't have enough domestic players!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:54 pm

Good old Sepp has gone and spouted another pearler from his "didn't think it through before saying it" catalogue of frickin' stupid comments.

Yet Blatter no doubt caught the Reds' attention yesterday by suggesting their dependency on foreign talent was bad for the game.

"In clubs like Liverpool and Bayern Munich there's only one or two domestic players. This isn't good for football," he said.

It's unclear which players from Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Steve Warnock, Peter Crouch and Scott Carson aren't 'domestic' enough for Blatter's taste. And Steve Finnan is only as foreign as a pint of Guinness.

Taken from Bascombes Japanese Diary

You've gotta wonder what kind idiotic thoughts are running through this guys mind when you see comments like this. Yes it is true that there have been times this season and last when our team has had few home grown players in it but we are hardly the worst offenders in football of this.

The always excellent Chris Bascombe has written a very good article regarding the apparent dictatorship that is FIFA and it's little leader Sepp Blatter.

I personally think that this guy could be the worst thing to ever happen to football (after Maureenho); he has single handedly managed to confuse every person on the face of this planet when  it comes to the off-side rule, he has introduced stupid initiatives like removing injured players from the field of play to cut down on the number of players feigning injury, net result is that it is penalising teams when a player of theirs is actually injured by another players tackle and thus handing the initiative to the offending players team - which to me is only going to encourage players to go out to injure other players.

There are too many idiotic initiatives the old sepp has brought in to mention here without creating the longest post in the history of this forum but for the life of me I can't think of any sensible ones that he has brought in.

Here is the link to Chris Bascombe's full article it's definately worth a read.

Japanese Diary
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:05 am

I agree, nice shout.

Among so many info it's normal to miss some threads from time to time

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=14798
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:08 am

Cheers sabre, it'd probably help if i were to open my frickin' eyes once in a while and check whats been posted before starting a new thread.

Apologies everyone   :sniffle  :sniffle
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:21 am

That's cool, I had a major case of dejavu. :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:50 am

Sepp Baltter is a pr!ck. I don't know about his footballing background but how on earth did this guy get to become the FIFA Chief?

The dictatorship regime started with Havelange and Sepp is merely applying the tricks of the trade from his mentor. He made comments about EPL so-called also rans fielding "cannon fodder" teams when playing against Chelsea because they knew "it would be impossible to win" and quoted a West Brom official, which was predictably denied and Baltter was asked to name the official. What does he know about the EPL or WBA?

He should impose a salary cap on club's expenses which stipulates that wages should be capped to turnover to stop a club like Chelski living beyond their means and paying wages of aropund 85% of their total turnover. FIFA makes so much money from the World Cup rights and it is worrying to have a pr!ck like Blatter presiding on a dictatorial position in an organisation like this.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:49 pm

bayern munich have got Ballack Kahn Schweinsteiger schneider and their young left back cant remember his name .
kopite

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:03 pm

That's a ******* cheek, first we go to Japan to rescue his COMPETITION and he praises our committement and desire to win it, then stabs us in the bak with his complete lack of knoweldge re: our squad :angry:
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:04 pm

zarababe wrote:That's a ******* cheek, first we go to Japan to rescue his COMPETITION and he praises our committement and desire to win it, then stabs us in the bak with his complete lack of knoweldge re: our squad :angry:

Couldn't agree more the guy is a Knobjockey
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:11 pm

zarababe wrote:That's a ******* cheek, first we go to Japan to rescue his COMPETITION and he praises our committement and desire to win it, then stabs us in the bak with his complete lack of knoweldge re: our squad :angry:

Totally agree zara, the guy's a t**t with a verbal shotgun just firing it off at anything that crosses his path, not giving a flying fook at who or what it makes look stupid.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:30 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:

Totally agree zara, the guy's a t**t with a verbal shotgun just firing it off at anything that crosses his path, not giving a flying fook at who or what it makes look stupid.

Unfortunately, some take his coments seriuosly; also he does wield a fair bit of power. Very stupid with lots of power... I think the Amercian Presidency is like that isn't it???   :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:11 am

:D gawd don't get us going on 'Dubya' :D :laugh:
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion