Selection headache - Who to bench ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:17 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Keep more or less the same team that won the last three

So don't play Gerrard or Suarez then ???

Fast becoming the forums "resident lemon" .

How does "Keep more or less the same team that won the last three" deserve a response like  "So don't play Gerrard or Suarez then ???"

Deliberate wummery ?

Because neither Suarez or Gerrard have played the recent games - not sure how you fail to understand that point.

Hopefully you can see that valid point.
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Because neither Suarez or Gerrard have played the recent games - not sure how you fail to understand that point.

Hopefully you can see that valid point.

Valid Point ? what point ?

Thommo made no reference to picking only players who've appeared in "recent games" he merely said ( I repeat in case you've still missed it)

Keep more or less the same team that won the last three

MORE OR LESS

"not sure how you fail to understand that point"
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:38 pm

And I asked for some clarification on he statement "more or less" because to me it suggests going into the next game with the same team as the previous 3 games. Here is the crucial bit for you

1. During the last three games we have changes our team for each game

2. Bringing in two players into a team isn't "more or less " the same team !  It's making a number of changes.

So bringing in Suarez and Gerrard who havent played in the last game is not having more or less the same team.

So I'll ask - what is wummery about asking a poster if he means keeping out our two best players ?

Is it too much Sunday wine ?
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Bringing in two players into a team isn't "more or less " the same team !  It's making a number of changes.

:laugh:

And we're supposed (in your world) to take you seriously .
Bringing in two players into a team isn't "more or less " the same team !  It's making a number of changes.

Yeah, the number is TWO I think that equates to making changes plural as opposed to making a (one) change.

As for

You want to get personal ? Are you on the verge of yet another breakdown ? The only wine I'm seeing is the constant Whine emanating from your direction.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:30 pm

fight ! fight ! fight !

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:43 pm

aCe' wrote:fight ! fight ! fight !

:D , C'mon mate, sparring with an ego centric personality (ie those that are unable to separate their own beliefs, thoughts and ideas from others)  can hardly be called a "fight".

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Woof sorting benny's sh!t out.

UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:06 pm

no fight ? :(
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:25 pm

:laugh:

Maybe Benny will go back to his corner and confer with his fellow inmates of the "I'mAlwaysRight" Asylum, and question his fight plan, lets face it, expressing his astonishment at how the Newkit YouTube watching/FM 2012 aficionados  fail to understand that he's once again 100% right when he says 
Bringing in two players into a team isn't "more or less " the same team !  It's making a number of changes.
isn't working.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:52 pm

woof woof ! wrote: :laugh:

Maybe Benny will go back to his corner and confer with his fellow inmates of the "I'mAlwaysRight" Asylum, and question his fight plan, lets face it, expressing his astonishment at how the Newkit YouTube watching/FM 2012 aficionados  fail to understand that he's once again 100% right when he says 
isn't working.

Benny is a SHE...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Keep more or less the same team that won the last three

I'll come back to this and ignore the strange old man's ramblings ( no wonder people are posting on that other site now ) .

Thommo - in this statement do you mean keep the same team or allow for the return of Suarez and Gerrard by making a few changes.
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 pm

Who fking cares. They are 2 key players that we need for big games and Spurs is a big game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 pm

tubby wrote:Who fking cares. They are 2 key players that we need for big games and Spurs is a big game.

Hence why the question was asked in the first place !

It's not rocket science is it.
Benny The Noon

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Think they keep tabs on players condition and manage the squad really so its almost impossible to predict the line up. We dont have a massive squad so they are careful not to burn people out. It can be frustrating when you feel your most gifted players are not on the park but they would argue these boys are so closely monitered they know exactly who is ready to to be selected and when.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:15 pm

I'd probably go with Glen Johnson on the right wing and Kelly slotting in at right back for this one. This should hopefully nullify the threat of Bale.

Reina

Kelly.                                Skrtel.                                   Agger.                         Enrique

Johnson.                          Gerrard.                               Spearing.                    Downing

Carroll.                                  Suarez

We should also get some nice width on both flanks which Carroll should utilise and also provide some knock-downs for suarez and gerrard. If suarez isn't "fit" enough to start then start with Bellamy. Either way, I think this is the way to beat Spurs.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion