Roy's latest selection, whisper it quietly...... - But i think he's seen the light.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:59 pm

Thing is were Liverpool, why did he even try the sticking back thing in the first place? We should be the 1 of the teams that forces everyone we play 2 do that. How can we have hopes of getting back into europe with this "sticking back" tactic, the best we can hope 4 r draws and the odd win, and so far that hasnt panned out 2 well 4 us. The fact that he even tried this (unless its against the top teams at thier ground) is why he isnt good enough to manage us.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:04 am

If we were still languishing around bottom of league at Christmas then sacking Roy would be logical step. Talk of getting rid of him in October doesn't sit well with me and how long would you then give the next manager six weeks?
Roy and players performance hasn't been acceptable even with mitigation of ownership issue.
That is now all behind us and it's for team and manager to step up.
Regardless of whether we win,lose or draw I want to see a good performance by team
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:02 am

For the record, I don't support sacking Roy in October either. I was merely asking Mick what his opinion would be of Roy if we lost the derby. But the D Day for me if we don't improve significantly would be in X'mas BEFORE the Jan tranfer window opens. If we are going to change the manager it would be better if the new manager could work during that transfer window.

I also agree with Mick that we have a squad which should be challenging for the 4th place. But I belive that with a good manager we should definitely be getting that 4th place. And Kenny would make a stronger challenge of that 4th place than would Roy. FFS I even prefer Di Matteo to Roy seeing what he's doing with West Brom nowadays. Double the points we have and in a position where they could challenge for the 4th place with West feckin Brom? I tell you what he can be an inspired signing like Guardiola. My stance with regards to managers always has been go for proven class managers like Hiddink, Kenny, Cappello or go for promising inspirational young managers with fresh ideas like Guardiola, Lowe, etc. Roy doesn't fit in any of the category.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:29 am

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh:  :laugh: you hum it ill play it

No Grabbo, no comment.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:33 am

Yer know WHAT FECKIN' ANNOYS ME.............. playing football to everyone else`s plan AND NOT TO WHAT WE KNOWS WORKS.

Shanks, Whispering Bob, Joe and Kenny did what they knew WAS RIGHT.

Feck everyone else, Liverpool invented this feckin game so feckin get on with it.

Invent something new and feckin get on with it.
Last edited by Reg on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:16 am

bigmick wrote:Well obviously I haven't got any info, and equally obviously there's nothing we've seen so far to exactly make it look like I might be onto something, but that doesn't stop me thinking I'm right :D .

My main reasoning is that we have been sooooo bad so far, that I can't believe that we are simply going to try again with the same approach. We MUST be about to try something different, and I think this is it.

so if we do line up the same and play very negative football will you agree with the majority of us that roy isnt the right man for lfc?
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:19 am

for the record i would never sack a manager at this point of the season but if things dont shape up and come january roys given 20/30million to spend would you want him spending that money? i wouldnt and id get someone new in
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:49 am

I agree with pretty much most of what everyone is saying regarding the manager. In modern days of transfer windows, it would seem to be daft to be giving the manager 20-30 million quid to spunk on players if either he clearly isn't up to the job, or you've got a replacement in the back of your mind. That said, I don't FWIW think we will spend big in January, I think the owners are much more likely to keep their powder dry until next Summer.

Clearly what Roy has given so far hasn't been good enough. Yes we've had an unbelieveably difficult start (even todays game is hardly a gimme under any circumstances), but we haven't played well enough by a long chalk. I do think some of the reactions have been totally over the top, but there's no point in pretending that we have come anywhere close to being good enough.

I do still though think that it's mad to consider sacking a manager at this point. Even those die-hards who want a Rafa return are campaigning for it, but he is hardly going to walk away from his job in October, and neither are any of the managers employed at decent clubs.

By the end of the season, everything will have panned out and we'll know exactly where we are. Mereiles will either have made it or not which will give us a good idea of Roy int he transfer market, ditto Konchesky and Poulsen. His playing style will either have taken shape or not, and we'll have played the Blackburns, the Boltons and the West Hams and had a chance to get some points.

On the subject of exactly how hard our start has been, it seems to get harder the longer you look at it. Even our scrappy 1-0 win at Home to West Brom which was much derided now looks like a decent result since they won at Arsenal and drew with the Mancs.

Step one is that we win a match. Today would be a fine place to start, then we move on.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:57 am

Poulson & Johnson are out.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:00 am

bigmick wrote:I agree with pretty much most of what everyone is saying regarding the manager. In modern days of transfer windows, it would seem to be daft to be giving the manager 20-30 million quid to spunk on players if either he clearly isn't up to the job, or you've got a replacement in the back of your mind. That said, I don't FWIW think we will spend big in January, I think the owners are much more likely to keep their powder dry until next Summer.

Clearly what Roy has given so far hasn't been good enough. Yes we've had an unbelieveably difficult start (even todays game is hardly a gimme under any circumstances), but we haven't played well enough by a long chalk. I do think some of the reactions have been totally over the top, but there's no point in pretending that we have come anywhere close to being good enough.

I do still though think that it's mad to consider sacking a manager at this point. Even those die-hards who want a Rafa return are campaigning for it, but he is hardly going to walk away from his job in October, and neither are any of the managers employed at decent clubs.

By the end of the season, everything will have panned out and we'll know exactly where we are. Mereiles will either have made it or not which will give us a good idea of Roy int he transfer market, ditto Konchesky and Poulsen. His playing style will either have taken shape or not, and we'll have played the Blackburns, the Boltons and the West Hams and had a chance to get some points.

On the subject of exactly how hard our start has been, it seems to get harder the longer you look at it. Even our scrappy 1-0 win at Home to West Brom which was much derided now looks like a decent result since they won at Arsenal and drew with the Mancs.

Step one is that we win a match. Today would be a fine place to start, then we move on.

Aye if we win today things will hopefully start to turn round but if we lose ive a feeling we`ll still be in the bottom half come christmas.
Its the perfect springboard game but then theres always the other side of the coin.
Lets hope we get a win and a performance to cap a great week.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:15 am

Be fully prepared for us battering the Bitters 4-0 today with some of the greatest free flowing football you have ever seen from a LFC side, proving that the coaching staff and players conspired to play sh*te to get shot of the Americans quicker! Just wait for Roy to come out in the post match interview and say "We knew a good performance was just around the corner" and then wink at the camera before kissing the badge and revealing an SOS tattoo on his arm.
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:19 am

Ciggy wrote:Poulson & Johnson are out.

Another 2 positives! Seriously though just switch Carra to RB and bring the Greek in, we could do with the big mans aerial ability against this lot. Lucas and Merieles holding and Gerrard, Cole and Babel behing Torres.
burjennio

Postby Thewaykokid » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:24 am

burjennio wrote:Be fully prepared for us battering the Bitters 4-0 today with some of the greatest free flowing football you have ever seen from a LFC side, proving that the coaching staff and players conspired to play sh*te to get shot of the Americans quicker! Just wait for Roy to come out in the post match interview and say "We knew a good performance was just around the corner" and then wink at the camera before kissing the badge and revealing an SOS tattoo on his arm.

you forgot the important bit where he peels his face off and reveals himself.......

:D
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby burjennio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 am

:D  at Wackokid!

If thats really Rafa whos in that in the Inter dugout?

Oh dear God no!
burjennio

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:43 am

burjennio wrote:Be fully prepared for us battering the Bitters 4-0 today with some of the greatest free flowing football you have ever seen from a LFC side, proving that the coaching staff and players conspired to play sh*te to get shot of the Americans quicker! Just wait for Roy to come out in the post match interview and say "We knew a good performance was just around the corner" and then wink at the camera before kissing the badge and revealing an SOS tattoo on his arm.

:laugh:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion