ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:40 pm

He was my man of the match today, thought he was excellent. He was creative, his passing was lovely to watch and he also works really really hard for the team, so  much goes unseen, he wins the ball back by dropping deep at times, very clever player

And yes, this is his first season, we will have his best years at Liverpool and something is telling me they will be very good years for Firmino
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:47 pm

RBG - bit cruel on Ethiopia !!  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:02 pm

I think he has real talent and drive but the amount of times he gets caught offside is amateurish. He really needs to pay more attention when the opposition moves up. He gets caught offside to regularly.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:27 pm

C-R » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:40 pm wrote:He was my man of the match today, thought he was excellent. He was creative, his passing was lovely to watch and he also works really really hard for the team, so  much goes unseen, he wins the ball back by dropping deep at times, very clever player

And yes, this is his first season, we will have his best years at Liverpool and something is telling me they will be very good years for Firmino

Think he'll improve as we increase the quality around him. His link up play with Coutinho and Sturridge is brilliant at times, but often breaks down once Lucas, Henderson, Milner and Allen get involved...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 pm

His touch and awareness to find other players inside the box is phenomenal ,I'd comfortably say he can be even better than Suarez in that department. If every player we had in the team showed the same relentless determination to regain possession we would be challenging for the league ,one player who could learn from him is Coutinho who never chases down a ball he's frittered away ,because if he did the pair would be the scourge of all the teams in the Premiership. So glad Liverpool have got Firmino ,and slavering at the thought of next season when Klopp will surround him with players of similar appetite , the lad is class !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:18 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:34 pm wrote:His touch and awareness to find other players inside the box is phenomenal ,I'd comfortably say he can be even better than Suarez in that department. If every player we had in the team showed the same relentless determination to regain possession we would be challenging for the league ,one player who could learn from him is Coutinho who never chases down a ball he's frittered away ,because if he did the pair would be the scourge of all the teams in the Premiership. So glad Liverpool have got Firmino ,and slavering at the thought of next season when Klopp will surround him with players of similar appetite , the lad is class !

You meant class every other game as he has quite a lot of stinkers this year...Consistency is lacking.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:10 am

I believe once we get a few more flair players in the team he'll really start to flourish. Consistency is lacking at the moment but there's definitely enough there to have faith that he'll go on to be a key player at this club
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:54 am

In the league 0 goals and 0 assists under Rodgers. Since Klopp has come in 7 goals and 7 assists in 18 league appearances. He is on course for double figures for both goals and assists in the league which would be an excellent return for a first season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 pm

only me » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:18 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:34 pm wrote:His touch and awareness to find other players inside the box is phenomenal ,I'd comfortably say he can be even better than Suarez in that department. If every player we had in the team showed the same relentless determination to regain possession we would be challenging for the league ,one player who could learn from him is Coutinho who never chases down a ball he's frittered away ,because if he did the pair would be the scourge of all the teams in the Premiership. So glad Liverpool have got Firmino ,and slavering at the thought of next season when Klopp will surround him with players of similar appetite , the lad is class !

You meant class every other game as he has quite a lot of stinkers this year...Consistency is lacking.

I know what I meant fella ,but  do you and Algydoom  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:50 am

lol algydoom  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:31 pm

far too inconsistent and I feel his numbers flatter him a bit. No comparison whatsoever with Suarez. For me, he has decent quality but lacks consistency and I'm not sure it's something he'll get out of his game. One of these players who either produces (in terms of goals/assists) or goes missing and thus becomes a bit of a liability on the pitch. Still gives the ball away far too many times for my liking. Given what we have, he'll continue to make the starting 11 and rightly so. I'm still hoping to see him improve his general gameplay though.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:53 pm

aCe' » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:31 pm wrote:far too inconsistent and I feel his numbers flatter him a bit. No comparison whatsoever with Suarez. For me, he has decent quality but lacks consistency and I'm not sure it's something he'll get out of his game. One of these players who either produces (in terms of goals/assists) or goes missing and thus becomes a bit of a liability on the pitch. Still gives the ball away far too many times for my liking. Given what we have, he'll continue to make the starting 11 and rightly so. I'm still hoping to see him improve his general gameplay though.

That's the problem he has. For some reason everyone is comparing him to Suarez. Suarez in 13/14 was a freak and at Barcelona he's gone onto become the best CF in the world. If the bar that we're going to compare everyone against is Suarez then every new signing will fail. Funnily enough a lot of the things people's are criticising Firmino for were levelled at Suarez in his first 18 months (losing the ball too much, missing too many chances, etc.).

He has shown so much promise for his first season and he could go onto be one of those players the oil rich clubs chase.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:07 pm

:laugh:

I don't think anyone is comparing him to Suarez in terms of finishing ,but I did say his awareness to pick out players around the box could eventually surpass the Uruguayans ,but when you have to jump along with the (I just don't see it ) sheep I suppose there's no use dragging your hooves
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:31 am

Sheep ? We have differing opinions about the guy. I wouldnt be surprised if someone pulls out a stat indicating he's lost the ball more than any other player in the league. Not sure our player ranking thread is the best indicator but I'd also guess that he's either been our best or worst player for the majority of the games this season. If that isnt inconsistency I don't know what is.

With regards to your point about passing around the box, he isnt a playmaker or a striker. He's somewhere in the middle. He has excellent vision but again, Suarez will always get more assists because of his ability to hold up the ball and complete his passes around the box, something Firmino regularly struggles with. If he continue his recent run of form where he scores/assists quite regularly he'll obviously go on to become a very good player for us.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:05 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:07 pm wrote::laugh:

I don't think anyone is comparing him to Suarez in terms of finishing ,but I did say his awareness to pick out players around the box could eventually surpass the Uruguayans ,but when you have to jump along with the (I just don't see it ) sheep I suppose there's no use dragging your hooves

I don't know about sheep but i sure know what happens when you mix Vodka with a Pint  :laugh:

"If every player we had in the team showed the same relentless determination to regain possession we would be challenging for the league"....Let's start with him keeping possession then maybe he won't need to regain it....Firmino is a talented player no doubt and he is making progress learning the game and pace of the PL but no need to get carried away...Unless it's Vodka and Pint...
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion