Robbie keane was a red thread - Lasting memories of robbie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:15 pm

Similar situation to Peter Crouch when his time was coming to an end. I thought at the time it was disgraceful how Crouch was being benched and dropped all the time, but at the end of the day, Crouch wasn't good enough for us either. We got our uses out of him, but then we found a forward worthy of the club. I distinctly remembering people saying how Crouch wasn't good enough for us, but then after he left saying how it was a mistake to let him go? Hmm, de'ja veux. The club is being run like a shambles. As soon as I'd heard Keane's price tag, it shocked the f*ck out of me, and I dare anyone else to deny that they weren't the same. If Rafa was given 20 million to spend on one player, would he have been trying to spend it all on Robbie Keane? No way. Rafa has been at the club for 5 years now, and the most he's had to spend with that kind of money was Torres. You see the gulf in class there when that kind of cash is involved. I know it. Rafa knew it. And so should anyone else with half a brain cell. Bentiez makes mistakes. But ones of that magnitude? I don't think so. Someone has f*cked up that deal big time. Why else would Benitez made the stipulation of having more control over transfers for his new contract?
Last edited by Emerald Red on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:15 pm

mis-managed for sure. didn't cover himself in glory when he did get chances but he always tried to do something........and now we are in desperate need of a striker going into the business end of the fa cup, champs league, and most importantly the title run-in. great.

anyways i wish robbie the best for the future, unfortunate it couldn't work out.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm

The PSV goal (against them, not for them) at Anfield and the MASSIVE look of relief on his face and all round the ground.

That goal will probably be one of his highlights as well.

Sorry to see him go, another time, another set of circumstances and he would have been an undoubted success.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:18 pm

kunilson wrote:mis-managed for sure. didn't cover himself in glory when he did get chances but he always tried to do something........and now we are in desperate need of a striker going into the business end of the fa cup, champs league, and most importantly the title run-in. great.

anyways i wish robbie the best for the future, unfortunate it couldn't work out.

Very well summed up.

I couldn't have put it better myself.  :)
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm

We all wanted him to do well here but ultimatley it didnt work out. Whether he wasn't good enough or couldn't fit into Rafas system is another thing but hes gone now. He is no different to when Morientes had his stint here and he was arguably better given what he had done in the past. People need to get over this fast. I think Rafa had no choice but to get rid of him now as if he had gone the rest of the season without using him that much he would have recieved so much stick from the papers ect...and that would have accumalated each week. At least now that he is gone there will be no "why is keane on the bench" moaning. Let's have some belief in Babel and NGog. FFS Look at the some of the players that helped the squad win in Istanbul. Are you really going to say things are that bad with our squad if you look around now? Yes some of our players may not be as good as others but we are where we are and we have to make the best of the situation. I do hope Rafa brings in some fresh blood in the summer but thats a long way away.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:20 pm

At least we won't be getting moaners moaning  about what a bad signing he was, or how sh*t he is, or how he misses too many chances anymore.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:23 pm

s@int wrote:
GYBS wrote:Umm goal against arsenal and a funny song . lets hope we can get someone a bit mroe suited to us in the summer .

It will be too late in the summer, we are supposed to be trying to win the title this season, and we are left with one striker thanks to a stupid decision.

Rafa is foaming at the mouth watching Everton having moderate success while playing with no strikers.  It's his dream :p

As for Keane.  His first goal in Red vs PSV.  His goal celebration following that one was something I thought we'd see more of.  It entertained my three year old son.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Emerald Red wrote:At least we won't be getting moaners moaning  about what a bad signing he was, or how sh*t he is, or how he misses too many chances anymore.

Those same moaners are moaning that he has been sold

"They'll Never Moan Alone"
:laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Emerald Red wrote:At least we won't be getting moaners moaning  about what a bad signing he was, or how sh*t he is, or how he misses too many chances anymore.

Oh I think you might get one or two moaning about what a bad signing he was mate. If the reports are true and we've spunked 8 million quid on the fees, along with wages and signing on fees etc I think it's probably going to get mentioned whenever excellence int he transfer market comes up. What with the loss we've taken on him, and the 6.7 million we paid for Pennant (not obviouskly including wages and all the rest) before not playing him for 18 months and allowing his contract to run down, it's been an expensive couple of weeks. Might get a mention at some point in the future by some moaning fecking knobhead :angry: I should think.

Some of these people are obviously not real fans and want the team to lose.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:27 pm

and now we see a better sig pic emerald
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:28 pm

supersub wrote:

Just an excuse to have a good bash at the manager. The man is castrated no matter what he does.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Just came back from training and I'm shocked.

I don't understand anything. First off I consider Keane a quality player. Expensive, yes, very expensive, but I liked him. Yes, his start wasn't brilliant, but a contract is not for 6 months.

I don't understand how a squad that probably already needed a striker when Keane was here, has a striker less now.

I don't understand why Rafa was angry by clubs commenting on Keane, or why he said he had a future in Liverpool.

Let's see if I find those answers in this thread. I'd like to know if it's a case of the player wanting to leave badly (I'd be dissapointed with him if he was a Liverpool fan from childhood) or a Rafa's decission, which would be shocking anyway.

Not happy. :(
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:31 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
supersub wrote:

Just an excuse to have a good bash at the manager. The man is castrated no matter what he does.

well yeah Rafa bashing does seem to off overtook kuyt , lucas and babel bashing in recent weeks .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 pm

And prob wont find those answers anywhere for a while yet sabre
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 pm

bigmick wrote:

Oh I think you might get one or two moaning about what a bad signing he was mate. If the reports are true and we've spunked 8 million quid on the fees, along with wages and signing on fees etc I think it's probably going to get mentioned whenever excellence int he transfer market comes up. What with the loss we've taken on him, and the 6.7 million we paid for Pennant (not obviouskly including wages and all the rest) before not playing him for 18 months and allowing his contract to run down, it's been an expensive couple of weeks. Might get a mention at some point in the future by some moaning fecking knobhead :angry: I should think.

Some of these people are obviously not real fans and want the team to lose.

Obviously there's something major that was wrong for him to be sold so quickly. What do you think that was?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion