Postby we all dream... » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:51 pm

GYBS wrote:
mistyred wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
Scottbot wrote:All of our rivals have strengthened during this window

really???

Okay so we're waiting on the Arshavin and Quaresma deals but if they go through, then yes, they will have strengthened in my opinion.

Both of those deals wont effect us at all mate - Arshavin as good as he is wont solve arsenals problems and quasimodo will not improve chelsea one single bit .

His name is quaresma.
come on mate let's not be silly  :D

that maybe his name but he plays like quasimodo when i have watched him  :D

But either way they have both strengthened their respective new teams. We have made our squad worse. I am worried, but I trust Rafa and trust the squad we have to do a decent job. I feel that if Torres stays fit then we still hav a shout at the title. If he doesn't and the replaement donot get the goals we need some heads need to roll unfortunately.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm

GYBS wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

really???

Okay so we're waiting on the Arshavin and Quaresma deals but if they go through, then yes, they will have strengthened in my opinion.

Both of those deals wont effect us at all mate - Arshavin as good as he is wont solve arsenals problems and quasimodo will not improve chelsea one single bit .

All we need now is to sign 1 good backup striker and 1 very very good Right Midfield but until now we still have NOT sign even 1 player ....

i know mate - there is the small matter of money holding us back buying anyone- we may get a few loan deals yet who knows .

Is the deal with Keane involve Lennon cominig to Liverpool or just 17M cash ??

no idea mate - think its tsraight 15 mil cash - no talk f lennon . but we can still bring people in on loan so who knows ?

Hope he's coming or on loan (at least one of the problem solve on the RM ) ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
puroresu wrote:Why didnt we get rid of Keane a few weeks ago.  Surely that would of given us more time to find possible replacements.

Beucase rafa's a :censored:

If Benitez didn't want Keane, why is he a d*ck for wanting rid? 20 million for Keane? Parry is the biggest w@nker going. Think about it: you're on a tight budget and you learn Coco the clown's dealings over your head has just eaten into a massive chunk of your budget when you were eying up other targets.

In hindsight it's now clear why Rafa knocked his contract back, and it's now clear why Keane was being snubbed time and time again. Keane making an exit was always on the cards from very early on in the season. It was clear that Rafa had intentions of selling him, and to have Keane injured would have been a setback for that plan. It would have been almost impossible to make anything back if he'd a broken leg.

I feel really bad for Keane. Maybe if business was done right in the first place, he wouldn't have ended up in this mess, but then again we do have a clown operating as our CEO. The c*nt is responsible for too many mishaps over the years. I'd have celebrated his exit today more than if we signed Kaka, and that's the honest truth.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Arda Turan » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:52 pm

1841: Robbie Keane has joined Tottenham for an initial £12m before rising with add-ons and the 28-year-old has signed a four-year contract at White Hart Lane.
Arda Turan

Postby Gerrard30391 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:53 pm

GYBS wrote:
Gerrard30391 wrote:
GYBS wrote:treated like a peice of dog shi te ?????jesus christ the guy is a pro footballer - he didnt deserve any special treatment or anything . Rafa bought him realised he wasnt going to work out so didnt play him as much and then sold him - thats the life of a footballer for you . keane wasnt the first and wont be the last . As had been said by plenty of people on here - the guy missed plenty of sitters during his games - and if he really wanted to succeed then he would of made sure of it just like torres did last year when he was rested/dropped . came back next game score a hat trick - what did keane do to impress us or the manager ?

GYBS,

Most football players last a season at least. his scoring record speaks for itself. Only one season in his career has he scored more in the first half of a season than the second.

Well....he scores two goals in a game....then never sees a starting line-up again? How's that not impressing?

well while torres was back fully fit and soring goals and with gerrard and xabi and mash playing well where exactly would keane play ? getting splinters on his :censored: - maybe keane realised this and at his age ie nearly 30 decided the best thing was to return to spurs - if keane relly realy wanted to succeed and fulfill his dream why didnt he say to spurs and rafa i actually want to stay and try and prove you wrong in the second half of the season ?

Because he wouldn't want to stay if he was told he wouldnt be given the chance to prove himself in the second half of the season.......obviously...... You also thought about what the feck we're going to do as a back-up striker too?
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 pm

If you want to talk about other teams then use the appropriate forum sections, thank you

Anything not relevant,in my view, will be deleted
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

really???

All we need now is to sign 1 good backup striker and 1 very very good Right Midfield but until now we still have NOT sign even 1 player ....

i know mate - there is the small matter of money holding us back buying anyone- we may get a few loan deals yet who knows .

Is the deal with Keane involve Lennon cominig to Liverpool or just 17M cash ??

no idea mate - think its tsraight 15 mil cash - no talk f lennon . but we can still bring people in on loan so who knows ?

Hope he's coming or on loan (at least one of the problem solve on the RM ) ...

I cant see spurs letting him go on Loan tbh mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 pm

PPL are mad at the minute because we have a shortage in strikers as it is... and we have sold our 2nd best striker and not replaced him.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:54 pm

1841: Robbie Keane has joined Tottenham for an initial £12m before rising with add-ons and the 28-year-old has signed a four-year contract at White Hart Lane.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Sh.it we only got 12mil?
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby SupitsJonF » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Toffeehater wrote:1841: Robbie Keane has joined Tottenham for an initial £12m before rising with add-ons and the 28-year-old has signed a four-year contract at White Hart Lane.

Ouch just 12?  Should of kept him.
SupitsJonF

Postby GYBS » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:57 pm

so if we have already paid 9 for him and owe 10 we only get around 2 mil plus any add ons ? wasnt the inital fee we paid full of add ons as well ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 pm

It'll work out at a lose of about 5 million.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Toffeehater wrote:1841: Robbie Keane has joined Tottenham for an initial £12m before rising with add-ons and the 28-year-old has signed a four-year contract at White Hart Lane.

:no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Everyone needs to take a chill pill. Rafa is not an idiot, he may make some odd decisions but its easy to criticise from our computers. He is the manager and if everyone truley wants to get behind the team in what could be a defining season they they need to stop moaning now. Yes we all would have liked to see us splash 15Mil on some new fab striker but the fact is that you don't generally buy top players in the Jan window as the prices are more inflated. Rafa probably has someone in mind and if he can't get him now then he will wait to get him in the summer but im sure he would not have let Keane go had he felt it would compramise the team.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion