Right hand side of midfield - Solutions?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Afroman » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:03 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:
Afroman wrote:do you thnk so where would you put alonso  ???

The bottom

what about garcia[/quote]
Are you just doing this to be annoying.
You can't play every player every game.
I'll save you some time
What about hamann,sissoko,kewell,sinama
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:18 pm

Afroman wrote:
liverpoolrich wrote:

The bottom

what about garcia

I'll save you some time
What about hamann,sissoko,kewell,sinama[/quote]
what about potter???  :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:32 pm

it`s a tough one, personally i always thought cisse looked quite threatening out wide where he had a bit of space to use his pace but i`m not convinced morientes and crouch would have enough speed as a pairing upfront.
i`d play cisse upfront with either of the other two and probably play either zenden or pongolle wide right with riise on the left backed up by warnock. its not an ideal situation to say the least. one things for certain a fringe type player could make a name for himself and have a long run in the side if he proves he can do a job there because until january we havent got much to replace him with.
i`m not a massive fan of riise, zenden, pongolle or garcia etc as wide midfield players to be honest, i remember the days of steve heighway and john barnes and compared to those only really an in form harry kewell comes close out of this squad.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby muttleyp » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:54 pm

Afroman wrote:
liverpoolrich wrote:

The bottom

what about garcia

I'll save you some time
What about hamann,sissoko,kewell,sinama[/quote]
I would rotate kewell and garcia or even sinama at the tip, risse and zenden for the left position, risse and warnock for the left back position.
muttleyp

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:11 pm

Benitez could try Sissoko on the right.
bring_back_biscan

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:12 am

Bring back Biscan......thats a quality user name  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Luis Garcia » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:44 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:We currently have no right sided midfield player at the club, bit of a sad situation to be honest. But nothing can be done about it for the next 4 months, so instead of moaning about it, I thought we should analyse our current options and see which one would be best.

Here are the options, in order of my personal preference:

Florent Sinama Pongolle– My 1st choice to fill the vacant right hand side role. He was making huge progress last year when he was cruelly injured coming on as a late substitute. Although he is a natural striker he has experienced playing on the right and he has the right qualities to play there. He has good dribbling skills, a good burst of acceleration, a decent crosser, the ability and willingness to defend, a bit of trickery and a decent passer. In my opinion he should be given a run in the team and the opportunity to make the right hand side his own.

Harry Kewell– Taken an awful lot of abuse from fans, and it seems the manager wants him out as well. And I know it has been said time and time again, but I’m going to say it anyway. If he can get himself fit he is an awesome player. Rafa is not relying on him at all at the moment so he has all the time in the world to get himself fit. He is good enough to play on the right, he can use both feet and has the potential to score a lot of goals by cutting in from the right hand side on to his favoured right.

Boudewijn Zenden– I’ve seen him play on the right for Holland and he has done quiet well. He is 2 footed can go inside and out, and can cross and score, although he doesn’t seem to possess as much pace as he used to. If he were to play on the right we have Risse and Kewell who can play on the left.

Steven Gerrard– He is our best midfielder and his best position is in central midfield and it highly unlikely that he would be moved. But we mustn’t forget that we have 3 other good central midfield players in Alonso, Hamann and Sissoko, so it wouldn’t be huge disaster if 2 of those 3 were to play in the middle. We know Gerrard has the ability to play anywhere on the pitch, he has played on the right both for Liverpool and England and every time he has done really well. He is the best crosser at the club, quick, good dribbling skills, excellent passer, can score goals and is 2 footed.

Luis Garcia– His best position is off a main striker when he can roam the width of the pitch. He just looks as though he is uncomfortable on the right, he tries but he can’t really defend.

Djibril Cisse– Has been used as a right midfielder a number of times, and in my opinion he hasn’t got enough in his game to play there. His main attribute when playing there is to hit the ball on the outside, get to it first and then cross. He isn’t 2 footed enough, hasn’t really got the ability to go inside, passing is average and he doesn’t have very good ball control while dribbling. Would like to see him given more opportunities in his favoured position as a striker.

Steve Finnan– Has filled in at right midfield for both club and country, but is our first choice right back and he should stay there.

Darren Potter– A natural central midfield player, Rafa seems to see something in him and has given him a contract extension, personally I don’t see anything in him. He can defend well but he offers very little attacking threat.

Antonio Barragan– Very unlikely as he has just joined, and is a natural right back, a player for the reserves at the moment.

And I thought my posts were bad!

This is really a pointless "no-brainer" post.

Luis Garcia is the  only man who will be played on the right wing since getting rid of nunez, until January I suspect when I presume we will them get sambrosa.

Kewell? Do me a favour...his anfield future is hanging in the balance. Most of his LFC career has been spent injured. Id be very surprised if he was here next season.

Barragan? is a defender.

Zenden? will only play on the left side.

Pongolle? a winger? ???? ??? since when exactly?

Stevie G? what planet are you on pal?

Thicko.  :veryangry
Luis Garcia

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:14 am

Luis Garcia wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:We currently have no right sided midfield player at the club, bit of a sad situation to be honest. But nothing can be done about it for the next 4 months, so instead of moaning about it, I thought we should analyse our current options and see which one would be best.

Florent Sinama Pongolle– My 1st choice to fill the vacant right hand side role. He was making huge progress last year when he was cruelly injured coming on as a late substitute. Although he is a natural striker he has experienced playing on the right and he has the right qualities to play there. He has good dribbling skills, a good burst of acceleration, a decent crosser, the ability and willingness to defend, a bit of trickery and a decent passer. In my opinion he should be given a run in the team and the opportunity to make the right hand side his own.

Harry Kewell– Taken an awful lot of abuse from fans, and it seems the manager wants him out as well. And I know it has been said time and time again, but I’m going to say it anyway. If he can get himself fit he is an awesome player. Rafa is not relying on him at all at the moment so he has all the time in the world to get himself fit. He is good enough to play on the right, he can use both feet and has the potential to score a lot of goals by cutting in from the right hand side on to his favoured right.

Boudewijn Zenden– I’ve seen him play on the right for Holland and he has done quiet well. He is 2 footed can go inside and out, and can cross and score, although he doesn’t seem to possess as much pace as he used to. If he were to play on the right we have Risse and Kewell who can play on the left.

Steven Gerrard– He is our best midfielder and his best position is in central midfield and it highly unlikely that he would be moved. But we mustn’t forget that we have 3 other good central midfield players in Alonso, Hamann and Sissoko, so it wouldn’t be huge disaster if 2 of those 3 were to play in the middle. We know Gerrard has the ability to play anywhere on the pitch, he has played on the right both for Liverpool and England and every time he has done really well. He is the best crosser at the club, quick, good dribbling skills, excellent passer, can score goals and is 2 footed.

Luis Garcia– His best position is off a main striker when he can roam the width of the pitch. He just looks as though he is uncomfortable on the right, he tries but he can’t really defend.

Djibril Cisse– Has been used as a right midfielder a number of times, and in my opinion he hasn’t got enough in his game to play there. His main attribute when playing there is to hit the ball on the outside, get to it first and then cross. He isn’t 2 footed enough, hasn’t really got the ability to go inside, passing is average and he doesn’t have very good ball control while dribbling. Would like to see him given more opportunities in his favoured position as a striker.

Steve Finnan– Has filled in at right midfield for both club and country, but is our first choice right back and he should stay there.

Darren Potter– A natural central midfield player, Rafa seems to see something in him and has given him a contract extension, personally I don’t see anything in him. He can defend well but he offers very little attacking threat.

Antonio Barragan– Very unlikely as he has just joined, and is a natural right back, a player for the reserves at the moment.

Luis Garcia is the  only man who will be played on the right wing since getting rid of nunez, until January I suspect when I presume we will them get sambrosa.

Kewell? Do me a favour...his anfield future is hanging in the balance. Most of his LFC career has been spent injured. Id be very surprised if he was here next season.

Barragan? is a defender.

How is it a no brainer when he obviously gave lots of effort in this post? Get a grip. We're all entitled to our opinions. And now I'm starting to see you and liverpoolrich's resemblance.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:07 am

Luis Garcia wrote:

Barragan? is a defender.

Hustler, I think you got lost while surfing the net, try the following link:

http://www.manutd.com/home/?splashmumobile

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:48 am

Cool Hand---Although Ive not really seen zendon on the right for a complete game I will take your word for it that he did ok- its worth a try, plus Riise should be 1st choice LM anyway, and if HK does make an in form return he should take over the LM and Riise should go to LB-
Perm any one of Pongolle Zendon & Garcia on the right but we still need to buy a natural RW in Jan along with an established class striker

We have a class manager in rafa who is still learning the english game and is not afraid to experiment, and when hes happy we will have a well balanced side that can challenge on all fronts

We may, just like last season get pleasantly suprised
teamleader1

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:12 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:How is it a no brainer when he obviously gave lots of effort in this post? Get a grip. We're all entitled to our opinions. And now I'm starting to see you and liverpoolrich's resemblance.

again you getting involved in other peoples posts when they dont concern yoy stay out of them
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:14 pm

teamleader1 wrote:plus Riise should be 1st choice LM anyway,

lets not get excited and right silly things zenden should be the 1st choice lm end of
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

Postby Afroman » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:15 pm

liverpoolrich wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:How is it a no brainer when he obviously gave lots of effort in this post? Get a grip. We're all entitled to our opinions. And now I'm starting to see you and liverpoolrich's resemblance.

again you getting involved in other peoples posts when they dont concern yoy stay out of them

Yeh Militia, but out  :D  :;):
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:55 pm

Cisse unhappy at Reds treatment 

Cisse was linked with Newcastle, Marseille and Monaco last month
Djibril Cisse says he is hurt that Liverpool considered selling him before the transfer window closed last month.
The £14m France striker claims Liverpool had talks with Newcastle and Marseille about a possible move.

"I heard Liverpool were in talks with other clubs behind my back - and that hurts," he told the News of the World.

Cisse, 24, also believes his World Cup chances could suffer if manager Rafael Benitez continues to play him out of position on the right.

"Everyone knows that being on the right is not where I want to play," said Cisse, who scored twice in France's 3-0 World Cup qualifying win over the Faroe Islands on Saturday.

I can't help but wonder about the club's attitude, but I'm prepared to put my head down and keep battling

Djibril Cisse
"It's not my best position but the manager puts me there. I'm prepared to do it for the good of the club but it's difficult.

"It's a World Cup year and I need to win a place in the French side. At the moment that dream is under threat.

"I'm not like Michael Owen at Newcastle - I'm not guaranteed my place. I've spoken to my international manager and he told me I need to play as much as possible.

"He said I should go where I want as long as I am playing regularly.

"I ask myself, can I be happy only playing every other game? I can't help but wonder about the club's attitude towards me, but I'm prepared to put my head down and keep battling."

Ooops are people whining in public gonna improve there situatuion .. i think not.. Cisse needs to shut-up and proove he should be picked week in week out
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:04 pm

if cisse leaves,
then crouchy and nando will lead the liverpool line......... :(
Last edited by El Nino_#9 on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion