Hmmmm things could get - Out of hand

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Mon May 23, 2005 2:46 pm

i'm really sorry for this guy and wish him a speedy recovery. but i don't know how connected this is to the match... ok he was wearing his liverpool colours but it sounds like this was a gang out to rob the guy and nothing else. i've heard stories before about armed muggings in bulgaria around hotels. crims and that kind of general scum always gather where theres something to be had.

fingers crossed that this is the only incident involving any of ours OR milans supporters though.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon May 23, 2005 2:48 pm

I think that the linking of a man stabbed in a holiday resort in another country and football violence is a dangerous and fundementally strained link.

Tourists, and indeed locals are stabbed and mugged in towns and cities across the globe daily. The fact that this pair planned to travel to the game later this week is hardly evidence of a hooliganism problem in Istanbul some days later involving top heads.

Sesationalisation like this just makes it easy for lazy bas.tard hacks to reveal that "hooliganism was confirmed on the supporters website".
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon May 23, 2005 2:48 pm

andy_g wrote:i'm really sorry for this guy and wish him a speedy recovery. but i don't know how connected this is to the match... ok he was wearing his liverpool colours but it sounds like this was a gang out to rob the guy and nothing else. i've heard stories before about armed muggings in bulgaria around hotels. crims and that kind of general scum always gather where theres something to be had.

fingers crossed that this is the only incident involving any of ours OR milans supporters though.

yes i agree Andy same thing could have happened to him in Liverpool or anywhere.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 23, 2005 3:10 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Tourists, and indeed locals are stabbed and mugged in towns and cities across the globe daily.

Agreed .
Nothing to suggest this was anything other than just another mugging .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Mon May 23, 2005 3:12 pm

Theres gonna be stories popping up with "trouble"

I find it astonishing that the media who condemn football violence cant seem to get enough of it to talk about :angry:

I suppose Liverpool fans behaving and making friends with the locals aint a good read although Id prefer to read about it
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon May 23, 2005 3:15 pm

TBH though it was in the Liverpool Echo the local news paper not sensationalism from the tabloids.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 84-1106852058 » Mon May 23, 2005 3:42 pm

I have been to Bulgaria many times and visited Varna,this is not a holiday resort its a large port city.Unfortunatly this type of thing goes on everywhere.Lets just hope theres no more of these incidents involing either set of fans.
84-1106852058

Postby LFC #1 » Tue May 24, 2005 12:19 am

I think the major story is the one at the top about the Fenerbahce Youths with 18 inch clevers and guns, not this stabbing which is a isolated incident.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion