Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Insua played for about 2 whole seasonsin the reserves before he started playing regularly, and he is certianly now considered a "firtst teamer"
JoeTerp

Postby Nando26 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:02 pm

aCe' wrote:Where do you watch the reserves games and u18s and all that Joe ?

Not that id actually be fcked sittig there and watching any of the games but just incase i decide to catch 10-15 mins or whatever....

Why wouldnt you watch these matches?

Forgive me if im wrong but arent you one of the ones who questions the academy & why rafa never brings enough through youngsters

If thats the case then how can you have an opinion on the matter when you probally couldnt even name half our reserves?
Nando26

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:06 pm

Cant wait for 2nd half !!!
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby heimdall » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Insua played for about 2 whole seasonsin the reserves before he started playing regularly, and he is certianly now considered a "firtst teamer"

OK fair point but still not enough in my opinion, plus the only reason Insua is getting a game is because Aurelio is injured and even Rafa can see that the Doss is :censored:.
heimdall

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 pm

there have been times when Insua has played over a fit Aurelio. What do  you mean thats not enough? what kind of a rate would be acceptable.  The jury is still out on a lot of the ones that have been brought in, which didn't start happening on a serious level until Summer '07, and Rafa hasn't had controll of the academy until now, and most changes at that level will probably come too late to have much of an effect on the development of the kids that are 16-18 in terms of some parts of their skill set.

If Rafa had so little trust in his youngsters then why isn't Degen making the squads over Kelly?

It doesn't make any sense how you are not counting N'gog as a young player
JoeTerp

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Nando26 wrote:
aCe' wrote:Where do you watch the reserves games and u18s and all that Joe ?

Not that id actually be fcked sittig there and watching any of the games but just incase i decide to catch 10-15 mins or whatever....

Why wouldnt you watch these matches?

Forgive me if im wrong but arent you one of the ones who questions the academy & why rafa never brings enough through youngsters

If thats the case then how can you have an opinion on the matter when you probally couldnt even name half our reserves?

???

whatever lad...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:56 pm

JoeTerp wrote:there have been times when Insua has played over a fit Aurelio. What do  you mean thats not enough? what kind of a rate would be acceptable.  The jury is still out on a lot of the ones that have been brought in, which didn't start happening on a serious level until Summer '07, and Rafa hasn't had controll of the academy until now, and most changes at that level will probably come too late to have much of an effect on the development of the kids that are 16-18 in terms of some parts of their skill set.

If Rafa had so little trust in his youngsters then why isn't Degen making the squads over Kelly?

It doesn't make any sense how you are not counting N'gog as a young player

I'm not even counting Wash as a credible footballer!
There should be more youngsters getting onto the bench, players with passion and drive, Manure have them, so do Arsenal, where's our young crop?

BTW I rate Insua very highly but I would have loved to have seen players like Nemeth getting some games this season, especially considering all our main strikers bar Torres are utter garbage. Surely the striking department is the one area where you can blood in youngsters without any huge risk to the team. Defenders are obviously much more difficult.
heimdall

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:54 am

Jesus wept - I think we're gonna have to write this fella off as well :

Dutch U20 striker Jordy Brouwer signed from Ajax in January 2007.

The target man was a key member of Gary Ablett's title-winning reserve team in 2007-08, scoring at Anfield as the Reds saw off southern division winners Aston Villa.

"When I first came here it was hard for me to play English football because it's much more physical than Holland, but I have improved in this area," says Brouwer. "I think I have become stronger, physically.

"Of course it was a tough decision to leave Ajax but you always have these decisions in football. Coming to Liverpool was a once in a lifetime chance for me."

Always keen to learn from his teammates, Brouwer is known to stay after training to work on his technique with countryman Ryan Babel.

He spent much of 2008-09 on loan at Dutch minnows RKC Waalwijk.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GRAHAM01 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 am

:D :D  that's it

it's all over for him now
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 am

MCMAHON SALUTES PACHECO DISPLAY

John McMahon praised the display of Daniel Pacecho who inspired Liverpool Reserves to their first win of the season with a 3-1 win over Bolton Wanderers at Prenton Park on Wednesday night.

The Spanish ace played in an attacking central midfield role and was a constant threat.

Gerard Bruna opened the scoring with a deflected free-kick and Jordy Brouwer came off the bench to make it 2-0 when a clearance struck his heel and found the net. Although Bolton pulled a goal back after a goalmouth scramble substitute Alex Kacaniklic made the game safe with a neat finish after good work from Nathan Eccleston.

It was a good start for McMahon’s men at their new home ground of Prenton Park and the coach was pleased with his team – particularly the impact made by Pacheco.

"Dani looked fantastic for us," McMahon told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"He was lively, always wanting the ball and caused numerous problems for Bolton all night.

"It was nice to get the win and I thought we deserved the three points. I said I quite liked playing at Prenton Park so let's hope our winning run here continues.

"It wasn't a surprise to see Bruna score our first goal from a free-kick. He practices taking them four hours a day at Melwood and the lad has got quality.

"Jordy's goal was a great example of putting pressure on the defence and being in the right place to get the rewards.

"It was nice for Alex to get on the pitch and score. It was his first game for us so that will give him a lot of confidence.

"There was a lot of pleasing things about our performance and I thought the tempo was good. As staff we still want more from the boys and there are things we can do better so we will keep working."
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 am

Surely some of the lads should get a run out against Leeds in the Carling Cup, Pacheco especially?
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 am

I think they will mate - Pacheco,Kelly,Spearing and Ayala i think are the ones most likely along with Ngog,ElZhar and maybe someone like Ecclestone on the bench - i hope so anyway .Saric seems like he could have a chance as well
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:38 am

Is it me or does it feel like hardly any of our youth progress to first team?
Tim LFC

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:39 am

Like Insua,Kelly,Ayala,Spearing, and Darby who have all played first team ? Give them time
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:15 pm

Pacheco improves everytime i see him, even physically he has imo.

He should definately get a chance in the leeds game and if he does ok then the odd game on the bench.
he is a really clever player that could open teams up and he has a great killer pass in him.
His finishing is what lets him down though for me.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion