Gary ablett! our new reserve team manager

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mramo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:24 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/

I seem to vaguely remember this guy? Didnt he play alongside Glynn Hysen & Alan Hansen?
mramo

Postby red37 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:26 pm

ive read that interview. nice lad, decent player for us. however the word everton was used far too many times during that piece!

:D

as a prospective coach who can tell.... but its nice to have an old friend back in the fold. i cant help feel though GM would have been exemplorary at Liverpool FC. maybe one day.

thers a bit extra in the echo this dinner...

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/149985697?-11194
Last edited by red37 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby mramo » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:41 pm

Best of Luck to Gary Ablett.

Its good to see former liverpool players back at the club who know the spirit and mentality of the the club we once were in the 70's & 80's.

Though I dont know much about him Im sure he'll do a fantastic job for us.
mramo

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:58 pm

Good interview, he is under no illusions as to whats expected of him, which is clearly Rafa's way.

Gary and the appointment of the guy from Southampton show that Rafa is looking for quality and how important the job Paco did as two peopel have replaced him.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Good interview, he is under no illusions as to whats expected of him, which is clearly Rafa's way.

Gary and the appointment of the guy from Southampton show that Rafa is looking for quality and how important the job Paco did as two peopel have replaced him.

Absolutely Leon, I was mentioning to someone in another thread about this.  Paco Herrera basically looked after the scouting and the reserves last year, so if we have had to bring in 2 guys to fill that void, it just showed how much we depended on him.

I liked Ablett's interview.  Knows he has to prove himself in the job and is willing to learn, sounds like he'll put 110% into it as well.  Also, he mentioned about Benitez grilling him on the tactics board during a one and a half hour interview and Benitez got him to draw up a plan for the reserve team for the season.  So Benitez has tested this guy and obviously still thinks he's good enough.

There was also talk of a few other 'bigger names' as Ablett put it, going in for the job, so Benitez has obviously seen something he liked here.  Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard any whispers as to who those 'big names' were?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:10 pm

I remember him, I still have a ProSet football card of him at home. He was arounds the time of Alan Hansen, Steve Nicol, Steve McMahon, Ronnie Rosenthal, Jan Molby, Peter Beardsley. Old school players being involved in the team can only be good news
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:33 pm

john craig wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Good interview, he is under no illusions as to whats expected of him, which is clearly Rafa's way.

Absolutely Leon, I was mentioning to someone in another thread about this.  Paco Herrera basically looked after the scouting and the reserves last year, so if we have had to bring in 2 guys to fill that void, it just showed how much we depended on him.

I liked Ablett's interview.  Knows he has to prove himself in the job and is willing to learn, sounds like he'll put 110% into it as well.  Also, he mentioned about Benitez grilling him on the tactics board during a one and a half hour interview and Benitez got him to draw up a plan for the reserve team for the season.  So Benitez has tested this guy and obviously still thinks he's good enough.

There was also talk of a few other 'bigger names' as Ablett put it, going in for the job, so Benitez has obviously seen something he liked here.  Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard any whispers as to who those 'big names' were?

I know obviously Garry Macca was interviewed, and Iremember reading Rushie and one other name I cant remember, I am sure there was a thread on it so I will look it up.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:40 pm

He played for Geelong, was a God, played like a God. Then got into the drug scene. Sold heroin to a hot chick that made her O'D, got fined. Great to see his is on the comeback trail. LOL :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:44 pm

el_stinger wrote:He played for Geelong, was a God, played like a God. Then got into the drug scene. Sold heroin to a hot chick that made her O'D, got fined. Great to see his is on the comeback trail. LOL :D

That was low. Why would you want to pollute this forum with Ozzie Rules??
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:51 pm

ITS A JOKE
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:29 pm

I see him most days, his kids go to the same school as mine. He used to turn up to pick them up in an everscum training kit. It will be nice to see him dressed properly for once. His Mrs is nice too  :eyebrow
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:56 pm

el_stinger wrote:ITS A JOKE

ozzies really don't get english humour do they?  :upside:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:12 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
el_stinger wrote:He played for Geelong, was a God, played like a God. Then got into the drug scene. Sold heroin to a hot chick that made her O'D, got fined. Great to see his is on the comeback trail. LOL :D

That was low. Why would you want to pollute this forum with Ozzie Rules??

Was this a joke of your own? I dont get it!
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield Kop » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:18 am

Let's hope he does a good job !
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion