Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:24 pm

Wenger !! :D  :p
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:28 pm

So you want wenger to look after our reserves ?!?!
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Actually, I think that would be the dog's.....so, yes, it would be nice. Never gonna happen though....
Nobody sticks out in my mind at this hour of the evening.....but I'm sure I'll have a flash of inspiration in the morning
bunglemark2

Postby GYBS » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:38 pm

Ok let me know when you think of someone
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Errrr....I watched a helluva lot of Ressie games last season and was more than disappointed on many occasions. I have to say, I don't see where these two lads now in charge are gonna change things fundamentally from Gary Ablett, who at least had top level playing experience to call on. What did these guys ever do on the pitch ? Is Shrewsbury the right basis for developing footballing talent at one of the world's elite clubs ? Can you really say that "Right - I've done it at Shrewsbury, now I can produce the next generation of Class A players for Liverpool !" ?
Nah, I don't buy it.

Do you ever stop talking sh.ite??

'At least Gary Ablett had top level playing experience'??  Is that a prerequisite for being a successful reserve team coach or any sort of coach for that matter??

You go on to praise Wenger (who also had no top level playing experience in the game by the way), despite previously playing down McMahon's credentials.  Mourinho and Benitez never played top level football either, but hey.

Fact is you know absolutely nothing about these coaches that have come in, and you're entitled to your opinion that they might not make a hell of a lot of difference, but don't base that on stupid reasons like you've just done.  I say give them a chance before judging.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:21 am

john craig wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Errrr....I watched a helluva lot of Ressie games last season and was more than disappointed on many occasions. I have to say, I don't see where these two lads now in charge are gonna change things fundamentally from Gary Ablett, who at least had top level playing experience to call on. What did these guys ever do on the pitch ? Is Shrewsbury the right basis for developing footballing talent at one of the world's elite clubs ? Can you really say that "Right - I've done it at Shrewsbury, now I can produce the next generation of Class A players for Liverpool !" ?
Nah, I don't buy it.

Do you ever stop talking sh.ite??

'At least Gary Ablett had top level playing experience'??  Is that a prerequisite for being a successful reserve team coach or any sort of coach for that matter??

You go on to praise Wenger (who also had no top level playing experience in the game by the way), despite previously playing down McMahon's credentials.  Mourinho and Benitez never played top level football either, but hey.

Fact is you know absolutely nothing about these coaches that have come in, and you're entitled to your opinion that they might not make a hell of a lot of difference, but don't base that on stupid reasons like you've just done.  I say give them a chance before judging.

A word of advice, mate....
Before you go and blow a gasket with an untimely and not thought through response, read what you're replying to...

What I said initially was "At least Ablett had top level experience to call on....". Read it, mate. Read where I said it's a guarantee of success as a coach...errrrr, hang on, I didn't say that, did I ? Read where I say Benitez, wenger et al were guaranteed to be a success because of their own playing careers.....Hang on, groundhog day again, I didn't say that either, did I ?

Now, back to a logical discussion if you can.....Having watched a lot of Ressie football last year, and seen the destruction over two legs at Anfield and the Emirates by Arsenal Youths of their Liverpool counterparts, coupled with the players who have come through the Arsenal ranks into the first team (in Carling Cup games and others), it's pretty much a no-brainer to me that Wenger knows what he's at, at least at that level (though in my opinion, he's a damn good coach full-stop....)

To conclude, I welcome banter and discussion, but if you're gonna state "Do you ever stop talking sh.ite??", then get your facts right ?

I bid you Adieu (rather apt, don't you think ?)
bunglemark2

Postby LFC35 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:32 pm

What about the future of Martin Kelly, he's a good footballer but to early for Liverpool so maybe out on loan and who to?
LFC35

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:49 am

As Andy Gray once famously said   'Watch this boys....'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT-1f2XPHJU&feature=fvw

if the academy lads can learn from the masters.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Martin Kelly looks set to play a part for us this season:

Huddersfield denied Kelly return

Lee Clark was looking to secure Kelly on a season-long loan
Huddersfield have missed out on bringing Liverpool defender Martin Kelly back to the club.
The 19-year-old spent a successful month on loan at the Galpharm Stadium at the end of last season.
But Town manager Lee Clark has admitted that he has been unable to secure a deal for Kelly to return.
"Liverpool have told us Martin will not be available. They want him in their Champions League squad. We are disappointed but move on," Clark said.
Kelly had been a target for Clark since his impressive seven-game loan spell at the League One club, which included scoring his first ever competitive goal in the 2-1 victory at Walsall.

We are always looking and the backing is there from the owner, but they have to be the right quality

Kelly's impressive pre-season form looks to have ruled out a return to Town, with Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez keen to use Kelly's services throughout the Champions League campaign.
Clark has signed Ipswich striker Jordan Rhodes since announcing last week that he was looking to add three more players to his squad, but Kelly's unavailability means he will now have to look elsewhere to bolster his defence.
"We are disappointed," Clark told the club's official website.
"But we have to move on and try and get the next one. We are always looking and the backing is there from the owner, but they have to be the right quality.
"I can't say that will definitely happen but we are all working on one or two."

BBC Source
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:55 pm

PACHECO SIGNS NEW DEAL
Steve Hunter 11 August 2009
Spanish starlet Daniel Pacheco has today committed his future to Liverpool by signing a new contract with the club until 2012.
The former Barcelona striker has yet to make his competitive debut but featured in Rafael Benitez's first team squad during pre-season.

He is a regular member of the reserve team squad and is also a Spanish youth international.

Meanwhile, striker Craig Lindfield has had his contract at Anfield terminated by mutual consent.

The former FA Youth Cup winner spent last season on loan at Accrington Stanley.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 pm

GYBS wrote:Meanwhile, striker Craig Lindfield has had his contract at Anfield terminated by mutual consent.

Another one bites the dust  :(
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:34 pm

I thought he was meant to be a good player. Anyone know if we will see Nemeth used at all in the 1st team this season? Carling Cup aside...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Lindfield could only score at U18 level. Was sent on loan a lot to lower leagues and was always unimpressive.
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Loan = kiss of death. I don't think Nemeth realised how fortunate he was to get injured in his first game on loan, at least now there is a small chance he may make it.
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:57 am

GLORY FOR ACADEMY YOUNGSTERS
Steve Hunter 12 August 2009
Liverpool's Academy side were celebrating after winning the prestigious Villarreal tournament in Spain.
The Under-18s beat Celtic in the final on penalties to bring the fantastic trophy back home to Kirkby.

Thomas Ince gave the Reds the lead in the final but the Glasgow side equalised 10 minutes from time.

However, in the shoot-out Karl Clair scored the winning penalty and goalkeeper Chris Oldfield emulated Pepe Reina by saving a couple.

The tournament featured the likes of Real Madrid and AC Milan and the young Reds played some great football throughout.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion