Reserve and academy news - All posts here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:29 am

Being serious stu, educate me :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:20 pm

The other ones a clown brought in the arrogant, pig headed b*st*rd who was in charge a few years ago. 

By all accounts, the only clown here is you. FWIW, you don't know the ins and outs of Borrell's role, neither do I. So how you have come to the conclusion he is a clown when he is respected and highly regarded as a top quality coach beggars belief.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:09 pm

Kenny Kan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am wrote:
The other ones a clown brought in the arrogant, pig headed b*st*rd who was in charge a few years ago. 

By all accounts, the only clown here is you. FWIW, you don't know the ins and outs of Borrell's role, neither do I. So how you have come to the conclusion he is a clown when he is respected and highly regarded as a top quality coach beggars belief.

Kenny kan, the problem is, our academy is not as good as people say it is, when was the last time we produced a world class player? We were producing great players back in the 90s and early 2000s then everything stalled. There might be a case here that Borrell is not as good as people make him out to be. If we did have a top player coming out of his ranks, then yes, Stu's argument would be flawed, but it isn't as their is a case and there isn't any signs of a player that you would say ''wow this guy is the real deal, reminds me of *instert top class player name*'' coming out of our youth system
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 pm wrote: The other ones a clown brought in the arrogant, pig headed b*st*rd who was in charge a few years ago.

More than offensive towards a man who handed Europe back to Liverpool .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:12 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 pm wrote: The other ones a clown brought in the arrogant, pig headed b*st*rd who was in charge a few years ago.

More than offensive towards a man who handed Europe back to Liverpool .

Nothing offends him, he's exactly what the description says. The personality and attitude transplant he received at the start of the third season he was here was shocking. He ***** alot of people off and made alot of enemies, not to mention some of the ridiculous management decisions from then on in.

Glad he's gone. Hopefully he'll never come back.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:12 pm wrote:[
Nothing offends him, he's exactly what the description says. The personality and attitude transplant he received at the start of the third season he was here was shocking. He ***** alot of people off and made alot of enemies, not to mention some of the ridiculous management decisions from then on in.

He told us about what was going on behind the scenes ,he let the fans know the machinations of those two odious cuntz.....And he done so
even to the detriment of his own position.....Sometimes lad your thicker than Nutella.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:28 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:56 pm wrote:

He told us about what was going on behind the scenes ,he let the fans know the machinations of those two odious cuntz.....And he done so
even to the detriment of his own position.....Sometimes lad your thicker than Nutella.

In his own words "

He hasn't got a clue"
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:54 pm

there is way too much pressure placed on the youth coming from the academy. some are expected to make it at 18 and other's are found out by the time they hit 21. at 23 if you havent forced your way into the 1st team then its more than likely your on your way out.
being at a club like liverpool just makes it harder for the lads to break through.
changing manager so much over the last few years has cost us, kenny had shown faith in kelly who looked a terrific prospect but 2 years later he's more less frozen out. flanagan and robinson both looked ok,never 1st choice starter's but good enough to deputise for an injury.hodgson before him  we have spent money replacing these lads with not much improvement. we have teixeira but signed alberto, coady and signed llori. due to the players being roughly the same age and that none of them are playing in the first team you'd have to wonder why we bothered.
id like to see more of our own given more time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:44 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:56 pm wrote:

:laugh:

No, what he done was become a spin doctor and dragged this club through the gutter press in a attempt (and quite a good one I may add) to deflect any attention away from how poor a job he was starting to do. Doing business in public has never been what this club is about. I'm not suprised that there are so many that were taken in by his constant whinging.

The man was a charlatan and got booted out at the right time.

People who know the man personally all tend to have the same opinion.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:45 am

metalhead » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:09 pm wrote:
Kenny Kan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am wrote:

Kenny kan, the problem is, our academy is not as good as people say it is, when was the last time we produced a world class player? We were producing great players back in the 90s and early 2000s then everything stalled. There might be a case here that Borrell is not as good as people make him out to be. If we did have a top player coming out of his ranks, then yes, Stu's argument would be flawed, but it isn't as their is a case and there isn't any signs of a player that you would say ''wow this guy is the real deal, reminds me of *instert top class player name*'' coming out of our youth system

Deary me, I didn't know football coaches use and implement biological genetics to make a world class player.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:00 am

Any manager who managed to win the Champions League with players like Baros, Biscan, Troare, Smicer etc playing in the first team must be a nutter. Playing the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus and a Chelsea team at its peak must make one a useless manager. Taking us to two CL Final in three years takes a manager who makes all the wrong decisions. Gosh I don't know this man personally so my opinion must have count for sh1t...and unlike some, I'm probably clueless about football, and a highly rated coach like Borrell must be ***** huh? Sigh it must be that time of the month again...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:28 am

Deary me, I didn't know football coaches use and implement biological genetics to make a world class player.

There is a lab and all.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:29 am

Can we please FFS stop arguing about Rafa, he is gone hate him or love him just keep it to yourself FFS.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:43 pm

Totally agree. Put it to bed. I have played golf with people that actually worked with Rafa and were casualties of his management style. They certainly are not complimentary but there again I make some extraordinary damning statements about some of my old bosses but believe me they brought a new meaning to the word w.anker  :grinning:

Anybody who wins a CL and gets to a CL final with some very average players (and that's being complimentary) in his available squad deserves more credit than he is being afforded. Rafa like everybody made mistakes and towards the end of his tenure I gave him a lot of stick but to be honest I really should have been venting my annoyance on H & G who were, as the American's say, the absolute fkg pits !!! Rafa was extremely well rewarded but he suffered as much as anybody under their regime. Parry was also a contributory factor during Rafa's term, and that should not be ignored. I wish Rafa all the best at Napoli. Football needs Rafa Benitez. Sorry Stu but I think your accusations are just a tad over the top.

Let's remember Rafa for the good times !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 am wrote::laugh:

People who know the man personally all tend to have the same opinion.

The man was a f*cking legend ....I have little time for anyone that doesn't recognize what he gave to this club,I think any poster or fan
that  cant acknowledge and appreciate  Rafael Benitez's importance to this clubs lineage is either of questionable character or just
more malleable than say f*cking Morph.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion